Does gamestop price match???

Nope they don't even price match to their own website. I just inquired about this recently and was told that they don't. That's gamestop for you.

They SHOULD price match. Advertised items only (you'll need the ad and be willing to surrender it). This is not an advertised policy, but again, they SHOULD price match.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']They SHOULD price match. Advertised items only (you'll need the ad and be willing to surrender it). This is not an advertised policy, but again, they SHOULD price match.[/QUOTE]

He's right, I do work at one, but they should price match within reason. They will not price match and let you combine offers, however.

It is your YMMV because each store has their own policy toward PM. Just like the one in my local mall will only PM stores within the mall. There is an EB, Sears, and KB Toys that they will PM.

This was kind of funny to me because they stated to me that they can't beat Best Buy or Circuit City that is why they only PM in the Mall. This plan backfires every once in a while though when they have misprints in the Sears ad.

[quote name='kill3r7']Nope they don't even price match to their own website. I just inquired about this recently and was told that they don't. That's gamestop for you.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Tried to price match the Doom 3 expansion price (when it was 19.99 on the net, 34.99 still in store) and they told me they couldn't do it.

This was before the B&M store also dropped the price to 19.99.

I guess it's all YMMV.

I believe that B&M gamestops will only PM B&M stores. They won't price match online Gamestop because they are different entities.

my gamestop will pricematch, youll need the ad, and it has to be a competing store, ie we dont compete with frys they are 30 miles away

Yes, I know this thread is old as dirt but it was the first thing that popped up when I Googled and Gamestop's website blows.

Do they even "price match" their own prices within an allotted time? IE, if I bout a game two weeks ago and it has since dropped in price or it's on sale now?

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Yes, I know this thread is old as dirt but it was the first thing that popped up when I Googled and Gamestop's website blows.

Do they even "price match" their own prices within an allotted time? IE, if I bout a game two weeks ago and it has since dropped in price or it's on sale now?[/QUOTE]

You bumped a fucking 6 year old thread? Seriously?

Why wouldn't you just return the game and rebuy it?

I didn't even look at the date, but read the post talking about the price of the Doom 3 expansion pack & thought "WTF?". :p

[quote name='mtxbass1']You bumped a fucking 6 year old thread? Seriously?

Why wouldn't you just return the game and rebuy it?[/QUOTE]
Because I bought the game and gave it as a gift.

But thanks for your (lack of) response.

bread's done
Back