Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

blueweltall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
168 (100%)
11/22 Update: Standard edition in-stock at MicrosoftStore.com - Free Shipping

*Xbox One Day One Console includes: Xbox One Console, Xbox One Chat Headset, Kinect Sensor, Commemorative controller, token code to unlock Day One achievement, HDMI cable, and premium packaging.

Xbox One Release Date: 11/22/13

Amazon:
Xbox One Consoles
Games
Xbox One Wireless Controller $59.99
Xbox One Wireless Controller with Play and Charge Kit $74.99
Xbox One Play and Charge Kit $24.99
Xbox One Chat Headset $24.99

Best Buy:
Xbox One Day One Console
Games
Xbox Live Gold 12- Month Day One Edition *Include: Killer Instinct: Round One Digital Game and Exclusive Shadow Jago Character

GameStop:
Xbox One Day One Console
Games
Xbox One Wireless Controller with Play and Charge Kit $74.99

Microsoft Store:
Xbox One Day One Console
Xbox One Wireless Controller with Play and Charge Kit $74.99
Xbox One Play and Charge Kit $24.99
Xbox One Chat Headset $24.99

Toys R us:
Xbox One Day One Console
Games

Wal-Mart:
Xbox One Day One Console
Games
Xbox One Wireless Controller $59.96
Xbox Live Gold 12-Month Day One Edition *Include: Killer Instinct: Round One Digital Game and Exclusive Shadow Jago Character
-------------------------------------

Note added by Io:

Please note: any discussion not directly related to preorder issues should take place in this thread:

If you want to discuss the system itself, Microsoft's DRM policies, etc, please take them over there.  This thread should be constrained to retailer preorder issues only.

Last edited by a moderator:
In for one. Figure it can't hurt to preorder it now and wait to see how this whole DRM issue ends up playing out.

"Xbox One - Day One Console includes a limited edition controller, token code to unlock Day One achievement, premium packaging, and decale."

That's right; one of the incentives for pre-purchasing the Xbox One is an achievement.

Is Best Buy allowing anyone to select at store for pick-up?

DRCLAW411 it just isnt a confirmed launch date yet and Amazon didnt set up Release Date delivery yet, so dont panic yet.

Was curious how much it cost to pre-order at Gamestop, found out it was 100$ lol. Feels like pre-order prices are just getting higher and higher there

Mine says December 3rd with 1 day shipping

DRCLAW411 it just isnt a confirmed launch date yet and Amazon didnt set up Release Date delivery yet, so dont panic yet.
I'd advise against BB. They place a hold on the card once a week until launch for the full amount, and if at any point the hold gets declined for lack of funds or whatever reason between then and now, they cancel the order. I've always personally felt the safest and best places to preorder are Amazon (online) and GameStop (in store).

Don't worry about the ETA! They just used Nov 30 (last day of the month) as a place holder. They'll update everything when they know the correct dates.

Plus Dec 4 would be the correct day if it was launched on the 30th if you selected 2 day shipping. Look at the calendar ;)

I'd advise against BB. They place a hold on the card once a week until launch for the full amount, and if at any point the hold gets declined for lack of funds or whatever reason between then and now, they cancel the order. I've always personally felt the safest and best places to preorder are Amazon (online) and GameStop (in store).
Theres also the risk of double charging. Happened to me with Fire Emblem Awakening and another game, ended up with duplicate charges on my card that I had to call to resolve

Can you preorder in store at Best Buy?

I know they don't do a full charge at the time of preorder  but it does do an initial charge at the time of order and then they ping my account every few weeks to make sure the funds are there. Not a big deal at $60 or $100 but at $500 it's going to annoy me.

Anyone know about the MS Store? I think they're run by digital river and they tend to do pending charges as well.

Any word on in-store preorders for Best Buy and GameStop? Got one at Amazon but I wanna do it at all three just in case..

DrClaw, I'm not worried about the funds not being there and them holding the money, they did with the last two consoles to me as well. I am more worried about getting it on release date and BB has been great for Console pick-ups.

Just preordered 1 via Amazon.  Know a lot of people have been bashing their presentation.  I for 1 enjoyed what I saw and will gladly fork over the $500 for one.

Hope the PS4 pre-orders get announced tonight as well, I'll likely throw one up on Amazon, and wake up early to go to Gamestop at opening

Sweet! All I can say is I love my local gamestop...Now for Sony to drop the numbers. Sucks that Amazon Colorado charges sales tax..its almost the equivalent to a game (if at 60 still). 100 dollar deposit now and ill probably pay it off when I get back..theres not too much more coming out that I would need to spend credit on...if sony comes in at 499 or less then I will have both systems paid off and a day one games for each..all possible to the wonderful gamers on CAG. Thanks everyone!

Glad to have finally been able to pre-order the console and that I no longer have to worry about it. Also pre-ordered Battlefield 4 and Forza 5. Will be a nice gift to myself when the warm weather turns nasty.

Still on the fence as a day one owner but I went ahead and preordered on Amazon. No money down and I have 5 months to decide. I think the token code for a day one achievement is silly though.

bread's done
Back