Will the 360 hardware refresh have any new specs?

I'm actually a bit more curious about this "newer" slim model.  I have an Elite right now and don't feel the need, to jump onto the Xbox One right away.

It will most likely be smaller, and will hopefully run a little more quietly. Aside from that, I don't think there will be any new features. The previous model already got WiFi built in, and had a special port for the Kinect. This one will have the same.

The real purpose behind these console hardware revisions is to produce a unit that is cheaper to manufacture. The new XBox 360 is going to be highly optimized in terms of hardware to use components that benefit from modern manufacturing price reductions. They can sell it for the same price as the current model, but will be able to earn more per-unit, thanks to the lowered manufacturing costs. This is pretty much vanilla for all consoles. Sony revised the hardware of the PS3 twice for the same reason. (ditto for the PS1 and PS2)

The new model doesn't look so bad. I'm hoping to snag a Skyrim bundle for less than $250.00 if one of the major retailers clears them out.

Think it's just a tad smaller, they said it'd be as quieter as ever so I'm assuming just as a Slim. Funny about that design, maybe get people into the newer design of the Xbox One by having a Xbox 360 in the similar fashion?

They are pretty much the same size, except the Xbox 360 E has removed some stuff. It no longer has an optical out, it removed one of the rear usb ports and it has a new AV port replacing the one they've had since the original Xbox.

http://youtu.be/4uDFjBzVvbw

So basically it's just a new case with a few less things. If you have a 360 S, there really is no point in the 360 E outside of having an Xbox 360 that matches your Xbox One.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are pretty much the same size, except the Xbox 360 E has removed some stuff. It no longer has an optical out, it removed one of the rear usb ports and it has a new AV port replacing the one they've had since the original Xbox.

http://youtu.be/4uDFjBzVvbw

So basically it's just a new case with a few less things. If you have a 360 S, there really is no point in the 360 E outside of having an Xbox 360 that matches your Xbox One.
What a well done unboxing video. Seriously.

He didn't stutter or stumble, drop the system, or even use dumb expressions. Why can't other unboxing videos be like that? Other than the lame in-video ad at the end, this is how they should be done.

It's sad that I have to point that out, but if you want to be a internet celebrity at least put some effort into it like that guy.

---

At least with the two-tone you can grab the system if you need to move it and not have to worry about fingerprints like on those Glossy 360 S's that were available.

I'm a little discouraged that you can't use older 360 cables with this.

Kind of hoping for Microsoft or a 3rd party to make an audio/video adapter cable. Don't really want to spend the money on new cables should my Elite fail.

Edit: Also the video posted said something about the hard drive bay.  I so plan on using my 120GB Elite hard drive by just removing the Elite's housing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping for a motherboard revision to lower power consumption.  I'd like to be able to power it from the average vehicle power port.  I know its kind of silly but it would be nice to game on long trips.

A few videos did mention it being ultra quiet, even compared to the S. I haven't seen much in the forms of playing games though, so not sure how sound comparisons are there.

I would assume it consumes/uses less/produces less heat, considering the rather low failure rates with the XBOX360 S, it should do all the above.

I was hoping for a motherboard revision to lower power consumption. I'd like to be able to power it from the average vehicle power port. I know its kind of silly but it would be nice to game on long trips.
As an owner of a Veloster Turbo with a 15V outlet, it's such a nice feature to have.

bread's done
Back