* * * * - 139 votes

PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

ps4 pre-orders better gaming all in one playstation 4 amazon walmart newegg bestbuy

#4411 bestkeeper14   Currently Playing Madden 16 CAGiversary!   4149 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

bestkeeper14

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

As said before, Best Buy is contacting people whose pre orders are in to pick up at midnight, no contact, then it did not come in!

#4412 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7654 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

I live in IL and even though Amazon doesn't collect tax on purchases, we still need to report it when filing taxes.

Honor system!

(I am in IL too : P)

#4413 Link2999   Demon Lord CAGiversary!   2038 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

To everyone complaining about tax in your state, it is not Amazon who wants to enforce this rule, its your state which they should. The fact that Amazon got away with not charging tax for this long is amazing. The number of tax from Amazon (which is set in America) could have been used for many services here but I digress.

Anyways, it doesn't matter if you made a pre-order before your state started getting tax. Once the order ships it will charge you tax since Amazon is forced to charge you tax on the item. Any CSR that told people otherwise obviously did not know anything about that rule. Asking for credit for something that is not Amazon's mistake is liking to get you banned too or on the verge of being banned.

I live in GA and did not have tax when I made my PS4 pre-order in June. Now I'm charged tax on my PS4 but I already knew that would happen. It's only $25 which I paid for with profited trade in's.

Thing is I actually spoke with Amazon who confirmed I wouldn't be charged tax. Now they are charging me tax. I know that it's out of Amazon's control in these cases, but because Amazon were the ones who "confirmed" I wouldn't be charged tax, the responsibility lies on them.

#4414 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16704 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

Looks like Amazon has taken a handful of games in to 'available' status instead of preorder - looks like Knack, Killzone and COD are all shippable.

#4415 NJMane  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

Although I have not received a shipment notification email, my CC was charged today for my Killzone PS4 order. Thanks to all the promos and credit I applied, it came to a grand total of $4.98.

#4416 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5885 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Thing is I actually spoke with Amazon who confirmed I wouldn't be charged tax. Now they are charging me tax. I know that it's out of Amazon's control in these cases, but because Amazon were the ones who "confirmed" I wouldn't be charged tax, the responsibility lies on them.

That's one way to look at it. I don't think it's Amazon's responsibility to break tax rules and their own by offering credit but if you believe you deserve to not pay tax over others b/c you were told you weren't than by all means. I rather not risk being banned though.

#4417 Link2999   Demon Lord CAGiversary!   2038 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

That's one way to look at it. I don't think it's Amazon's responsibility to break tax rules and their own by offering credit but if you believe you deserve to not pay tax over others b/c you were told you weren't than by all means. I rather not risk being banned though.

They wouldn't be breaking tax rules, they would credit the difference - the state would still have its tax collected.

#4418 pilferk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

Had the same problem. Was complaining to an Amazon CSR about it who kept insisting Connecticut has always been charged tax and then directed to me to the "current states that Amazon charges sales tax to page" (title pending) as "proof". I called him out and said I spoke with an Amazon CSR earlier in the year about it who confirmed I wasn't going to be charged tax, and then he said that I was already credited $3 in promo credit from my last Amazon CSR interaction (for a separate issue). I gave him the exact day I spoke to the Amazon CSR about the tax situation (I remembered it was the same day I ordered the PS4), and he looked it up, apologized, admitted I was right, and tried to credit me $15, "the best I can do". I told him no way, I have $60 in tax I'm going to have to pay on pending preorders, so he escalated it and now I'm waiting to hear back from Amazon's "Tax Team", who will most likely tell me that Connecticut does get charged sales tax, and will assume the problem has been solved. More than likely I'll have to find a different rep to deal with.

I am in CT...and while it's been a couple months since I ordered from amazon (late September), I was not charged tax on that order.

Any idea when this changed?

#4419 bestkeeper14   Currently Playing Madden 16 CAGiversary!   4149 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

bestkeeper14

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

I am so loving all these things that keep coming public and deals for PS4 stuff...  It is just making me laugh that Xbox One buyers are starting to get jealous...  Now this new Viral campaign for the PS4 and Street Fighter, what does it mean!?!?!

Street Fighter vs Tekken?!?!?

http://www.denofgeek...ghter-exclusive

Add in the Target Deal not applying to Xbox one due to the release...

Plus the random free killer instinct emails that are just pissing long time users off who don't get one.  Am I right in saying that Xbox is back at digging itself into a hole?

#4420 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

don't know if it's been mentioned but, every PS4 box will include :

• $10 Sony Entertainment Network wallet credit for PlayStation Store
  • 30-day free PlayStation Plus membership trial
  • 30-day free Music Unlimited service trial

http://blog.us.plays...for-ps4-owners/

#4421 bestkeeper14   Currently Playing Madden 16 CAGiversary!   4149 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

bestkeeper14

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

Boom $10!!!  And a month os PS PLus... add that to my recent renewel, and the PSplus card in my bundle, I will have 25 months of PS Plus paid for!  For a grand total price of $30!! (Got the BB ps PLus coupon + $10 reward cert, and the PS PLus BUndle was paid for by selling my other preorder)

Killzone Shadow Fall Trophies!!! http://www.vg247.com...ll-list-inside/

#4422 samaside  

samaside

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

More than likely I'll have to find a different rep to deal with. 

More than likely if it's gone this far and no one can help you you'll just have to pay sales tax. Amazon has already gotten enough flack for people skirting around the tax thing. It sucks, yeah, but it is the law and there's only so much Amazon's CS can do as awesome as they are.

#4423 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5885 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

They wouldn't be breaking tax rules, they would credit the difference - the state would still have its tax collected.

I mean breaking their own rules of giving credit to something that is out of their control... but I also meant that they can't give everyone a pass for taxes just b/c a CSR was misinformed.

#4424 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5885 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

I am in CT...and while it's been a couple months since I ordered from amazon (late September), I was not charged tax on that order.

If you change anything with the order (i.e. update payment, change address, put gift card credit on the order, etc.) it will show the change for tax. It will still charge tax when it ships regardless though.

#4425 Zazoo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

That is good to know. I won't use one of my month ps+ subscription codes to hold me over until Game Stops BF sale now. Save them for a rainy day :)

#4426 bestkeeper14   Currently Playing Madden 16 CAGiversary!   4149 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

bestkeeper14

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

The New Sony Website....

http://hadoukencabs.com/

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!!?!?!?!

#4427 pilferk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

If you change anything with the order (i.e. update payment, change address, put gift card credit on the order, etc.) it will show the change for tax. It will still charge tax when it ships regardless though.

Oh, I know...I applied a gift card to cover the tax when I saw these posts and it updated with the tax amount. No big deal, there.

But I just wonder when it changed. Again...order in late September did not charge me tax. Obviously now they are...

#4428 pilferk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

To answer my own question, looks like it became effective November 1st in CT. Glad I saw this...would have charged my card for the tax, when the rest was already paid off via gc. Not a huge deal, but an unexpected $25 charge from amazon on my statement would not have given me the warm fuzzies.

#4429 Davivascaino   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Davivascaino

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

10bucksfree?? I love you SONY!!!

#4430 lilseung   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

As said before, Best Buy is contacting people whose pre orders are in to pick up at midnight, no contact, then it did not come in!

Since when did they start contacting people?  I haven't heard anyone that I know that has pre-ordered get any notifications yet.

#4431 Davivascaino   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Davivascaino

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Since when did they start contacting people?  I haven't heard anyone that I know that has pre-ordered get any notifications yet.

they have not started. I think he meant they will contact people

#4432 mitemouse   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   633 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

don't know why guys are selling on ebay. fees and shipping are too expensive. the best way to go is craigslist or at your local gamestop. There will be people looking for one at midnight. If someone offers me at least $500 on the spot, I'll just give it to them. Easy $100 and I'll just wait for my online shipment.

Only 100 if you play no taxes on it

#4433 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder CAGiversary!   7257 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

Well that $10 is going towards my extended warranty through sony

#4434 Link2999   Demon Lord CAGiversary!   2038 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

November 1st.

#4435 Syranth   Formerly WormFOODx CAGiversary!   2024 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Walmart

1454603_558802254191113_94129746_n.jpg

Anyone else notice the one missing from the top?

#4436 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

Just watch none of it stack on existing accounts. :lol: Says the musics for new subscribers only. Really brilliant move on their part to get everyone sucked into PS+ and buying on PSN though.

#4437 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

Freaking mobile double post.

#4438 Link2999   Demon Lord CAGiversary!   2038 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

Just watch none of it stack on existing accounts. :lol: Says the musics for new subscribers only. Really brilliant move on their part to get everyone sucked into PS+ and buying on PSN though.

My PS+ expired last month and I didn't use my 1yr card yet (been holding out). On top of that, $10 for free. I'm a happy camper.

#4439 bigant262   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

Anyone know of any stores doing pre orders?

#4440 billycuth  

billycuth

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:38 PM

But if you talked to them before the law changed, it doesn't matter.

State law trumps any current business policy.  Once it is in place, there's nothing the company can do.  If they don't follow it, they will get penalized.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ps4, pre-orders, better, gaming, all in one, playstation 4, amazon, walmart, newegg, bestbuy