* * * * - 139 votes

PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

ps4 pre-orders better gaming all in one playstation 4 amazon walmart newegg bestbuy

#6781 Sgt Barone   CAG since 2008 CAGiversary!   2027 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Sgt Barone

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

SAMs Club has an extra controller/console bundle in stock!

http://www.samsclub....eredirect=false

#6782 bestkeeper14   Currently Playing Madden 16 CAGiversary!   4149 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

bestkeeper14

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

i mean I feel like its not very flush but i can't pinpoint a problem with the pins

Check kotaku, they detail how to fix, if it isn't flush that is the issue!

Everyone, when you get your PS4 be very careful when you plug in the HDMI, be very gentle with it!

#6783 Nax5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

So that's like 5-10 confirmed CAGs with faulty PS4s? That really stinks. Sorry guys =(

Mine is out for shipment now. Hoping it's a healthy console!

#6784 NJMane  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

Anyone else had the broken hdmi issue? Just a pulsing blue light here. I've tried taking the hdd out, nothing helps. THIS SUCKS! Any help appreciated

Same issue here. Just pulsing blue and no picture. Guess it is time to call up Sony and get a replacement sent out.

#6785 jalu6   jalu1-5 was already taken CAGiversary!   1900 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

Same issue here. Just pulsing blue and no picture. Guess it is time to call up Sony and get a replacement sent out.

Man, this sucks so many people are having issues. Good luck to everyone who hasn't tried their console yet!

#6786 LostMyNarbles  

LostMyNarbles

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

Sounds like this is going to be a very big issue and is a far cry from the "Isolated incident" they want it to be.

#6787 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36693 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

I know they said USB ports are part of their accidental plan but I wonder about the HDMI.

#6788 Nax5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

Question about updating via USB. Does the USB need to be empty/clean? Or can I use my External Harddrive and just load the PS4 > Update folders onto the root? Having other stuff on there won't intefere, will it?

#6789 TaylorM06   #CAG4EVAR CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

TaylorM06

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

Happy PS4 Day! I can't get CAG Mobile. Anyone else having this issue? I'm only getting the full site on my phone today.

#6790 pdawg17   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Anyone on east coast been out to stores at regular opening hours and found PS4s in stock?

#6791 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

How is this sold out?

http://www.newegg.co...mbo1470079-LM3A

#6792 srac84  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

Apparently a pulsating blue light does not mean your hdmi is broken there is a fix... and i've listed it below including the source:

1. Remove the HDD

2. Turn on the PS4 (without the HDD)

3. Turn the PS4 off and Put the HDD back in

4. Turn the PS4 back on again.

5. The system should now boot to the OS.

This will re-format the HDD, so its best if we backup our saves to USB while we wait for Sony to give us a permanent fix.

source:

http://ps4daily.com/...tion-4-bricked/

Apparently, the ones that have flashing blue lights have been shipping with "bricked" hard drive or fragmented ones... so formatting it will fix the prob... hope it works!!

#6793 pilferk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

Apparently a pulsating blue light does not mean your hdmi is broken there is a fix... and i've listed it below including the source:

1. Remove the HDD

2. Turn on the PS4 (without the HDD)

3. Turn the PS4 off and Put the HDD back in

4. Turn the PS4 back on again.

5. The system should now boot to the OS.

This will re-format the HDD, so its best if we backup our saves to USB while we wait for Sony to give us a permanent fix.

source:

http://ps4daily.com/...tion-4-bricked/

Apparently, the ones that have flashing blue lights have been shipping with "bricked" hard drive or fragmented ones... so formatting it will fix the prob... hope it works!!

This makes me even MORE happy that my stock drive will never even spin up.

Upgraded 1 TB drive will be in before the system is even hooked to my tv. :)

#6794 thesuzukimethod   i am a cracked machine. CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

thesuzukimethod

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

Sounds like this is going to be a very big issue and is a far cry from the "Isolated incident" they want it to be.

Shu came out and said they anticipated a 0.4% equipment problem rate (if you've ever taken a business or engineering stats class, you know how they come up with these numbers!).

Given the hundreds of thousands of consoles that are probably part of this first run, you're gonna hear stories, especially since people will show up to announce a problem, but the majority who are not having a problem wont be posting to say "mine is fine", etc etc.

#6795 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6665 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

Just saw that coupon AMazon is giving for the Kindle Fire HDX.... but damn even after $30 it's still a little too expensive for me.

#6796 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

Shu came out and said they anticipated a 0.4% equipment problem rate (if you've ever taken a business or engineering stats class, you know how they come up with these numbers!).

Given the hundreds of thousands of consoles that are probably part of this first run, you're gonna hear stories, especially since people will show up to announce a problem, but the majority who are not having a problem wont be posting to say "mine is fine", etc etc.

This. Mine is working fine for what its worth. 

#6797 Rohsiph   True Dark ending CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Well, finally got to play a bit of AC4. Looks like the 4.5gb initial download only covers the first sequence and Abstergo Entertainment section, as trying to start sequence 2 left me on an "installing . . . 10% complete" screen.

That's fine. I'm impressed now. Looks as good as my PC (5 year old CPU, but I upgraded the video card 2 years ago), but runs smoother, which is pretty much what I hoped for.

Hopefully the rest of AC4 will be downloaded when I'm up tonight. I did notice an odd graphical glitch of sorts where the outline of the player character would blur around the edges when fiddling with the camera but I'm hoping it's just due to the 'partial' download. 

#6798 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7215 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

I was excited to have today and tomorrow off to play, but now I'm nervous about my console being DOA. Ughhhh....

#6799 enorris116   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   851 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

I went to Hastings this morning at about 9:30. I didn't pre order, but was able to snag their last one. So awesome!

#6800 pilferk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

Well, finally got to play a bit of AC4. Looks like the 4.5gb initial download only covers the first sequence and Abstergo Entertainment section, as trying to start sequence 2 left me on an "installing . . . 10% complete" screen.

That's fine. I'm impressed now. Looks as good as my PC (5 year old CPU, but I upgraded the video card 2 years ago), but runs smoother, which is pretty much what I hoped for.

Hopefully the rest of AC4 will be downloaded when I'm up tonight. I did notice an odd graphical glitch of sorts where the outline of the player character would blur around the edges when fiddling with the camera but I'm hoping it's just due to the 'partial' download. 

What I noticed from the video comparisons (because crappy video players don't do the differences much justice in terms of fideltiy) was some of the cloth modeling and smoother animations.  Especially during the fight sequences. 

Hopefully, that's what I'll be playing tonight once the kiddies are in bed.  Knack and Lego Marvel, probably, this evening. :)

#6801 arcticpanda   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

arcticpanda

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

As I've said, the HDD trick doesn't always work. I've tried it and no luck. I've been on hold with customer support for about thirty minutes now.

#6802 samaside  

samaside

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

Apparently Lego Marvel Heroes won't be sold in Target stores until Nov. 22nd and any orders still pending from Target.com are back-ordered with no estimated time of delivery. And I have never had so many problems getting a straight answer out of anyone in customer service as I have trying to figure out if and when this game is going to be available. This has been my morning. I give up. I'd just go buy it somewhere else if it weren't going to cost me $30 more to do that.

Time to set up this console and hope my bad karma is already a spent and it's not DOA.

#6803 xCappax   Real Madrid CAGiversary!   603 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

i mean I feel like its not very flush but i can't pinpoint a problem with the pins

been out of stock even when it was showing available meh :(

#6804 samaside  

samaside

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

I went to Hastings this morning at about 9:30. I didn't pre order, but was able to snag their last one. So awesome!

I went to Target to see if they had a game in stock and there were about nine people waiting to pick up PS4s without pre-order cards. Everyone walked in and got their consoles just fine but because of the B2G1 deal there was only one copy of Killzone and they had very few copies of everything else. So people going there were going to be able to get consoles but not games. That said, the manager there - if you asked - was willing to give a raincheck on the B2G1 sale.

#6805 Outlaw1986   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   805 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Outlaw1986

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

I can't sign into PSN. It's stuck on a please wait screen. Should I turn it off and back on? I can't do anything else.

#6806 Davivascaino   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Davivascaino

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

Shit, a lot of people here are having problems with the PS4????

DAMN IT. now I am afraid. I got mine yesterday from bestbuy, but was unable to test it because I work today for the whole day. NOW I AM AFRAID

#6807 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

For those that got a faulty unit, where did you get your PS4? Could it be a batch production? Sucks that this is happening. Hope you get your issues resolved.

#6808 LostMyNarbles  

LostMyNarbles

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

Brothers PS4 is freezing on him. Getting worried now that my Amazon one has shipped out.

#6809 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Shit, a lot of people here are having problems with the PS4????

DAMN IT. now I am afraid. I got mine yesterday from bestbuy, but was unable to test it because I work today for the whole day. NOW I AM AFRAID

I got mine at bestbuy last night as well. Works fine so far.

#6810 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

I can't sign into PSN. It's stuck on a please wait screen. Should I turn it off and back on? I can't do anything else.

I had a please wait screen for 30 mins. I turned it off, turned it on, signed in and got on in like 3 minutes total. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ps4, pre-orders, better, gaming, all in one, playstation 4, amazon, walmart, newegg, bestbuy