* * * * - 139 votes

PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

ps4 pre-orders better gaming all in one playstation 4 amazon walmart newegg bestbuy

#1021 tuffguycore   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1043 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

tuffguycore

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Based on how the 360 launch went while I worked at gamestop I could totally see Microsoft acting like there's a lot less units then there are. I don't think gs is going to take too many orders. Doesn't make me worry any less yet but I have faith

#1022 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   7932 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

I just got back from a 2 week vacation so I read the OP and the last few pages of this thread and I didn't see it mentioned but are any Best Buy's sold out of in-store preorders for the PS4 console?  I assume not since the website doesn't even have it available yet.

The OP should be updated because Best Buy's website has the PS4 console up for preorder.

Now playing:

:ps4: Mortal Kombat X, The Last of Us: Remastered

:xb1: Ori and the Blind Forest

#1023 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   27052 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

I just got back from a 2 week vacation so I read the OP and the last few pages of this thread and I didn't see it mentioned but are any Best Buy's sold out of in-store preorders for the PS4 console?  I assume not since the website doesn't even have it available yet.

The OP should be updated because Best Buy's website has the PS4 console up for preorder.

i think someone  posted  before  even if you preorder at best buy your  not  100%  sure your getting one.. They are going to open at midnight and its first come first serve....  so  even if you have a preorder does not mean your getting one... that is why im staying away from best buy

WOOOO I STINK

#1024 KENFL0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

Preordered The ps4 at gamestop!

#1025 DeathMoJo   The Navy Guy CAGiversary!   1402 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PS4

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

i think someone  posted  before  even if you preorder at best buy your  not  100%  sure your getting one.. They are going to open at midnight and its first come first serve....  so  even if you have a preorder does not mean your getting one... that is why im staying away from best buy

That would not make any sense.  Why would a retailer take pre-orders only to do it that way.  I bet a store will put out a sign the night before if their whole allotment is pre-ordered so people don't waste their time.  

United States Navy

#1026 StarryWisdom   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

StarryWisdom

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:36 AM

Anywhere else other then gamestop offing trade in bonuses(not BB - their preordering is awful). Looking to get rid of a lot of my crummy 360 games(and my broken console) to put towards a new console.

#1027 sittinghawk3   Damn... Kobe CAGiversary!   603 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

sittinghawk3

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

Anywhere else other then gamestop offing trade in bonuses(not BB - their preordering is awful). Looking to get rid of a lot of my crummy 360 games(and my broken console) to put towards a new console.

Try ebaying. Probably your best return. I usually print labels at home and give to my mailman. Usually have tons of extra packaging. Amazon also does a trade in program, as does bestbuy.

Sign up with my link to get free 2 dollar credit to GMG here  ;) Add me on steam here.

I've made 300 bucks in amazon credit and cash doing surveys here. I make 1$ if you use my referral and complete a survey. Min 5$ cashout for AGC, Min 10$ for paypal.

#1028 georgebot84   Steamboy CAGiversary!   666 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

georgebot84

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:58 AM

Gamestop is offering the best trade ins right now.  You could just buy kindle cards and preorder from Amazon.

#1029 Sgt Barone   CAG 4 Life CAGiversary!   1923 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Halo: The Master Chief Collection
XONE

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

Still sticking with PS4.

<p>Here's to a great year of gaming in 2015 :beer:

#1030 TheEliminator62   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

TheEliminator62

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

My local GameStop and Best Buy don't know what they are doing so I pre ordered at Amazon the day after the announcements and just received my email that I am getting a launch console which pleases me. I'm interested in trading my Star Wars 360 in at Amazon since they are offering 225 for it. It needs to come with everything correct? Also I've been hearing they are really picky too so is it even worth sending out there?
My local GameStop and Best Buy don't know what they are doing so I pre ordered at Amazon the day after the announcements and just received my email that I am getting a launch console which pleases me. I'm interested in trading my Star Wars 360 in at Amazon since they are offering 225 for it. It needs to come with everything correct? Also I've been hearing they are really picky too so is it even worth sending out there?

#1031 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3100 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

If you have everything it came with when you first bought it and it works the way it should you shouldn't worry about it. Just make sure you choose to have it returned back to you incase they do downgrade it for some reason. They pay to ship it both ways so it doessn't matter.

#1032 heatison777   The Heat is On CAGiversary!   297 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

heatison777

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

I preordered both via Amazon the day they went up. The remote play with Vita being a standard is way more valuable to me than a Kinect. I'm not sure Sony has even committed to a month to launch. Wouldn't it be great if they snuck it out in October!? It would be smart and they have been clever so far. They'd sell more 1st party games and have time for 2-3 more waves of systems to hit before Xmas.

#1033 dei  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

I preordered the Watch Dogs bundle on Monday through Amazon finally. I plan on trading in a bunch of old hardware and games to GS for credit, which should be around $350 according to current trade in values/promos. I have another $80 in gift cards already which means I should only have to put around $38 in cash towards the system.

#1034 mpaullin   Sure plays a mediocre pinball CAGiversary!   3308 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

That's not true.  I did this for the WiiU and waltzed in on release day to pick up my set aside console.  Best Buy will definitely be a good place to get one day of.

Seconded. Doing store pickup at Best Buy might actually be one of the best ways to guarantee a console day 1 and not have to wait in some sort of horrible line. Doing the in-store preorder where you only have to put $25 down, however, is probably much less reliable.

MPaullin.png

#1035 mvlbr   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

I preordered the Launch version on Amazon after I received an email notification from them.  Since I have prime I should be guaranteed launch day arrival.  

#1036 GogetaSS4   Super Saiyan 4 CAGiversary!   1378 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

I traded in my Xbox 360 which I don't play anymore and a bunch of games at gamestop and have $234 of it paid off!!

I preordered at Gamestop and traded in my 360 and most of my games and I have like $150 left to pay off! Woohoo I can't wait, oh and I preordered Battlefield 4.

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#1037 KneeKnee   Trophy Whore CAGiversary!   671 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

I have one preordered from Amazon, but was going to cancel it and preorder at Gamestop because I expected they were doing a midnight release.  When I went in to day the sales guy said he didnt think Gamestop was doing  a midnight release for either of the consoles.  Doesnt anyone remember if they did a MNR with any of the older consoles? 

KneeKnee.png

#1038 JamesKelly09  

JamesKelly09

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

Well I already pre-ordered mine at BestBuy a few days ago and today I was guaranteed to get it on launch date. Hopefully they keep their word and I don't have any problems on launch day.  

#1039 usagi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1073 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

I have one preordered from Amazon, but was going to cancel it and preorder at Gamestop because I expected they were doing a midnight release. When I went in to day the sales guy said he didnt think Gamestop was doing a midnight release for either of the consoles. Doesnt anyone remember if they did a MNR with any of the older consoles?

I think GameStop sold Wii U consoles last year during normal hours, so they could get more bundled games/accessory sales.

#1040 panasonic   Joanna Dark CAGiversary!   3829 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

It seems like that rumor a long time ago about like 10 million ps4s worldwide by christmas might be true if still doing preorders and amazon saying 2500 per minute

#1041 Aceboogz   Just Run CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Just pre-ordered at GameStop they said they only had 3 left for PS4.

:puke:

#1042 DontFlipout   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   24 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

DontFlipout

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

Decided to go with the watch dogs bundle, seems like the most fun out of the next gen launch titles besides Killzone.

#1043 thefaction   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

thefaction

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Preordered last week right after their presser and Second Son.

#1044 matrix9280   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1442 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

Can I preorder a PS4 and pick it up next year? I can't afford it this year.

Never stop making them pay.

#1045 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   8164 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

ugh, i really hope this does not affect my pre-order by them over ordering. I really don't want to have to go out and camp out just to get my pre-order.

Want Amazon Prime for cheap? Send me a message for info.

Deader2818.png

#1046 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7109 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Can I preorder a PS4 and pick it up next year? I can't afford it this year.

No. You are normally given 48-72 hours to pick up your reservation. If it's not picked up, it will be sold to the general public and you will be refunded.

MLIFTgM.gif

#1047 sixteenvolt420   Hidefninja.com CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

sixteenvolt420

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Decided to go with the watch dogs bundle, seems like the most fun out of the next gen launch titles besides Killzone.

Both of the titles you mentioned are the two that i pre-ordered.

sixteenvolt420.png

#1048 Ivanhoe   CagMaster CAGiversary!   1795 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

I would of probably of traded in/sold my PS3 already but I gotta play the last of us, and the PSN+ added some games I havent played like UC3 and Saints row3 and others.

Also it sucks that there is no anniversary madden 25 for PS4/X1 ... I may be forced to buy the PS3 version which I didn't want to do.

#1049 georgebot84   Steamboy CAGiversary!   666 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

georgebot84

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

I just realized I'm going to have to buy a stand too.  Probably another 50 bux, hope one comes with the PS4 though.

Pre-ordered PS4 and Killzone.

#1050 Prinze   CAG in Training CAG Veteran   10 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

Hmm im stuck on what site has the best bundle, i do like Amazon with bf4 and ps+ but i have a feeling Ea is going to do another premium edition so why waste money. Idk if i should pre order the watchdogs bundle, the game looks great but i have a feeling i'll get tired of it quickly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ps4, pre-orders, better, gaming, all in one, playstation 4, amazon, walmart, newegg, bestbuy