* * * * - 139 votes

PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

ps4 pre-orders better gaming all in one playstation 4 amazon walmart newegg bestbuy

#91 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11525 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

Congrats on the new job, buy the console and reward yourself. 

Thanks. It is more along the lines I won't have time to game much anymore since I have been unemployed.   :)

I know, from our discussion last time (you might not remember though). That's why I am congratulating you.

#92 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:04 AM

Reading on Neogaf it looks like camera is not included and hard drive size is 500GB

#93 Miami_13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Miami_13

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

Just pre-ordered from Amazon. Had $70 in credit + $17 in cashback from my credit card. Very happy to only be paying little over $300 for PS4. Can't wait!

#94 Arcoril   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

If I preorder at best buy, when do they actually apply it to the best buy credit card? Now, or right before launch?

The hold is applied immediately and renewed over and over until you pick up the system. So make sure you don't mind having $399 + tax reserved on your card for 5 months.

#95 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3095 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

I should know this, but have never been in this exact situation. I went ahead and pre-ordered, but I plan to get and use Amazon credit to help pay for it. I know I can change pay methods before something ships, but does that include gift cards as well? In other words, can I "chip away" at the cost by applying gift cards throughout?

#96 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

Finally you can pre-order. At such a great price why even wait.

#97 xCappax   Real Madrid CAGiversary!   603 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

I should know this, but have never been in this exact situation. I went ahead and pre-ordered, but I plan to get and use Amazon credit to help pay for it. I know I can change pay methods before something ships, but does that include gift cards as well? In other words, can I "chip away" at the cost by applying gift cards throughout?

yes you can add gift cars after the fact

#98 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4082 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:11 AM

When does BB charge you for consoles again?

#99 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13466 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Ordered on Amazon the moment it went up, and I'll be at Gamestop at opening.

Ditto.  Gotta pick up a few Disney movies as well at BB, so it will be fun shooting the shit with the gaming guys I know there.

#100 chicagocubsfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1509 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

chicagocubsfan

Yep I do it all the time when I get more Amazon credit. All you have to do is go to the order page and it will ask if you want to apply gift card credit.

#101 Miami_13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Miami_13

Quick question, I just pre-ordered on Amazon. I have a $25 GameStop gift card. Can I use that to buy a Kindle gift card and then apply that gift card to my PS4 pre-order without canceling it?

EDIT: Seems this was just answered!

#102 Jackie Chandler   Jamanandayo! CAGiversary!   3164 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Jackie Chandler

I'll be surprised if Amazon's pre-order availability lasts through the week.

#103 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

They will put a pre authorization charged immediately as well as ping your account several times until they item ships or is ready for pick up. This is of course assuming you are paying by a method that is tied back to a bank account.

If you use a true credit card I think it works differently.

#104 bigdbo622   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

I believe that I have done this before. Amazon is good like that. I have preordered a game, then used a promo code/gift card and put it towards the preorderd game.

#105 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4082 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

They will put a pre authorization charged immediately as well as ping your account several times until they item ships or is ready for pick up. This is of course assuming you are paying by a method that is tied back to a bank account.

Do they ping the whole amount or just random charges?

#106 Trance Addix   AMG and M CAGiversary!   1439 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Trance Addix

Quick question, I just pre-ordered on Amazon. I have a $25 GameStop gift card. Can I use that to buy a Kindle gift card and then apply that gift card to my PS4 pre-order without canceling it?

Yes, AMZ GC can be applied after the fact.

#107 Gareee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

If I preorder at best buy, when do they actually apply it to the best buy credit card? Now, or right before launch?

The hold is applied immediately and renewed over and over until you pick up the system. So make sure you don't mind having $399 + tax reserved on your card for 5 months.

thats not a problem... i just don't want to pay interest on it for 6 months in advance

#108 DemonsMaster   Jrpg Addicts Anonymous CAGiversary!   1663 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

DemonsMaster

Just got home from my local GS. Had to put $100 down on PS4, but in true cag fashion I had some GS credit built up in anticipation of E3. They also convinced me to put $5 down on an extra controller. They didn't have any games available to pre-order yet but looking at the website I'm guessing they will in store tomorrow. 

#109 kaos424   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   448 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:14 AM

I know each release will be somewhat different but just curious do I need to worry about preordering accessories and games ahead of time or are there usually enough to go around during release?

#110 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3095 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

Thanks guys!

#111 halvorsb   Um....yeah CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

Just got back from doing an in store preorder at GameStop. Started at 8:45, they had 24 units for preorder.

#112 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:17 AM

Everything I've preordered they've pinged the whole amount

#113 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4082 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:18 AM

I just tried and they did for me too. Oh well. I'll cancel if I need the funds.

#114 HenDoggy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

HenDoggy

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

just preorder both PS4 and XBone at amazon. I have like a grand in amazon credit i have to use up lol that bestbuy sale really paid off.

I can't wait for titan fall and watch dogs

#115 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6909 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

I'll probably end up getting a One eventually, but PS4's conference definitely had me more excited so I plopped down my preorder on Amazon.  Cant wait til November.

#116 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:20 AM

Available at the Sony store:

http://store.sony.co...552921666582671

Just in case any of you have their credit card

#117 Boss★Moogle   ∞ クライマックス・アクション CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Boss★Moogle

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

I was on the Amazon page right when the conference ended, hitting F5 like a madman until the pre-order link appeared. Hopefully my fast pre-order will ensure I get one on launch day.

Also I took the Prime trial they offered me because i know from experience that Amazon screws over people that use FSSS, by prioritizing Prime order regardless of the order in which the orders were received. So take the trial if they offer it to you, because even if you cancel after the 30 days your PS4 will still ship with Prime since it's based on order date and not ship date.

#118 Miami_13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Miami_13

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:22 AM

I know pre-orders from Amazon don't charge until they ship but will there be a hold of the amount on my credit card until it ships? I'm a relatively new credit card owner and I've never pre-ordered a console before.

#119 Fratty McDouche   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Fratty McDouche

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:22 AM

Everything I've preordered they've pinged the whole amount

Same here. When I preordered the Wii U, they hit me for the full charge right away.  That's the reason I went with Amazon this time around.

#120 PublikDefender  

PublikDefender

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:23 AM

Guys, there are a bunch of different ps4 bundles at gamestop.com right now. I think they just updated their page! $519 bundles get you killzone 4 etc.

Is this for real?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ps4, pre-orders, better, gaming, all in one, playstation 4, amazon, walmart, newegg, bestbuy