* * * * - 139 votes

PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

ps4 pre-orders better gaming all in one playstation 4 amazon walmart newegg bestbuy

#2281 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes   All you need is lo-, er, Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings CAGiversary!   3375 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

Dumb question but you guys think target or walmart still have in store pre-orders? Looks like my options for pre-ordering now are quite slim. Would rather not have to go hunting.

On Monday, I preordered at Wal-Mart. They still had a buttload. Target, on the other hand, only had like two left (as of August 31st).

C5CU5yg.gif?1efPcwsX.gifj5IniQc.gif

Spoiler

#2282 WarlordZMaster   CAG Newbie CAG in Training   13 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

WarlordZMaster

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

I wa in GS today and the Sony rep (who already has a PS4) told them the Demo units would be in the store October 22nd. (I'm getting an X1, but this was news to me.)

#2283 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   853 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

This is what I want to know, history tells us that we don't see ANY deals for games for consoles that just launched. The Wii and PS3 had 0 deals for games, last year the Wii U had none.

The interesting thing is that say we do see BF4 for PS3/360 for $30. We could actually buy that version and then do the digital upgrade for $10. I know bestbuy and gamestop are doing those programs. I know PSN is to digitally. In turn this would actually force retailers to do PS4 and XB1 deals anyway in order to match PS3+360 games +$10 upgrade.

I plan on buying BF4 with my PS4, but if I can snag Madden or COD at black friday for $30 or $40, I will do that.

#2284 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder CAGiversary!   6416 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

I think we will see buy 2 games get $xx Giftcard.

Or at least I hope so.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#2285 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   1827 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

PS4 to support unencrypted HDMI output for gameplay !!!!!

For anyone who cares, who does video capturing, who makes Youtube videos, etc., this is HUGE news and a major improvement over the PS3.  Blu-ray movies will continue to be encrypted, but gameplay HDMI output will be unencrypted.  You can capture in full HDMI glory without jumping through hoops like on the PS3.

More here:

http://www.engadget....trol/#continued

(eyeroll b4noobs ask "why don't u just use the Share feature")

#2286 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

For anyone who cares, who does video capturing, who makes Youtube videos, etc., this is HUGE news and a major improvement over the PS3.  Blu-ray movies will continue to be encrypted, but gameplay HDMI output will be unencrypted.  You can capture in full HDMI glory without jumping through hoops like on the PS3.

More here:

Very nice! Glad to hear this!

And for all that don't know the difference, capturing raw footage with a capture card allows for video editing.

xivpads.png

#2287 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes   All you need is lo-, er, Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings CAGiversary!   3375 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

More here:

LOL. I remember the rumor from just a few days ago that said Sony was having trouble adding gameplay capturing and it probably wouldn't be available until next year. 

C5CU5yg.gif?1efPcwsX.gifj5IniQc.gif

Spoiler

#2288 jessica2332  

jessica2332

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

cant wait!

#2289 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   616 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for the update

#2290 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6338 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

This is what I want to know, history tells us that we don't see ANY deals for games for consoles that just launched. The Wii and PS3 had 0 deals for games, last year the Wii U had none.

The interesting thing is that say we do see BF4 for PS3/360 for $30. We could actually buy that version and then do the digital upgrade for $10. I know bestbuy and gamestop are doing those programs. I know PSN is to digitally. In turn this would actually force retailers to do PS4 and XB1 deals anyway in order to match PS3+360 games +$10 upgrade.

I plan on buying BF4 with my PS4, but if I can snag Madden or COD at black friday for $30 or $40, I will do that.

Thats actually not true. Shortly after the Vita launch (like 2 weeks), Target had a B2G1 free deal, which also happened for the WIi U I believe. Also we have those semi cross buy games this gen, which could ultimately lead to a good deal with Black Friday and such. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2291 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5912 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

Very nice! Glad to hear this!

And for all that don't know the difference, capturing raw footage with a capture card allows for video editing.

most people found ways to work around it for ps3 and would have found ways for ps4

#2292 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   1827 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

most people found ways to work around it for ps3 and would have found ways for ps4

True.  The change in the PS4 though means way less hassle, less cables running back and forth, and no need to buy anything extra.  My interest in a PS4 has increased by a ton after learning this.

#2293 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

The work around was to use composite cables... Which the PS4 doesn't have this ability natively.

In theory, you could buy an HDMI to composite converter, but there is no telling if that would have actually worked.

xivpads.png

#2294 JamesKelly09  

JamesKelly09

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

Details on how PS3 games will get the PS4 versions for $9.99 Program

http://www.ign.com/a...etailed-by-sony

#2295 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6338 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

There were only two work arounds and neither was exactly amazing.

The first and most common was simply using composite cables. This typically resulted in having to find / buy them for the PS3, which wasn't hard, but you generally didn't want to cheap out and get some that hamper your footage either. This also resulted in companies like Elgato tossing in a convertor to allow nonHDMI capture. 

The other was getting a splitter / sometimes that removes the HDCP signal. These can range 20+ dollars and I might be overly cautious, but I rather not have a record of buying one. I rather not have to explain why I am trying to circumvent HDCP when I have simpler solutions. 

The work around was to use composite cables... Which the PS4 doesn't have this ability natively.

In theory, you could buy an HDMI to composite converter, but there is no telling if that would have actually worked.

There is also the splitter like I mentioned. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2296 Pontiaction   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Pontiaction

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Sony confirms that they'll start using Gaikai cloud services to stream certain PS3 games to PS4, Vita and Vita TV devices in North America starting next year.

http://www.ign.com/a...library-in-2014

#2297 Borma420   Stoner CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

Borma420

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

Sony confirms that they'll start using Gaikai cloud services to stream certain PS3 games to PS4, Vita and Vita TV devices in North America starting next year.

http://www.ign.com/a...library-in-2014

Hell to the yes. The last ball I was waiting for to drop was they mentioned a Gaikai annoucement might come at TGS. This is great news. Downside for those who have tons of PS3 games and do not want to re-buy them, suppose they can just plug in the PS3. But for me I entered PS3's generation around halfway through so I missed out on a ton of good games.

#2298 Borma420   Stoner CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

Borma420

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

Also not sure if it's been posted. We all knew deep down that Sony would have Voice and Gesture controls too, so for anyone interested here you go. http://www.gamespot....firmed-6414680/ It's going to be a great generation for gamers!

#2299 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   1827 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Anyone know if Sony will be making/selling wired controllers for the PS4?  Every retailer I've searched only shows the wireless controller.  (FYI.  I would only be interested in Sony controllers; not interested in any third party ones.  Thx)

Edit:

I just found out that Sony never even made wired controllers for the PS3?!?!  WTF.  I HATE wireless.  Damn.  I can't believe that's going to be the reason I get an XB1. I pray MS doesn't make a wired controller for the XB1 so I don't have to go there...  :cry:

#2300 alexxb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   775 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Anyone know if Sony will be making/selling wired controllers for the PS4?  Every retailer I've searched only shows the wireless controller.  (FYI.  I would only be interested in Sony controllers; not interested in any third party ones.  Thx)

Edit:

I just found out that Sony never even made wired controllers for the PS3?!?!  WTF.  I HATE wireless.  Damn.  I can't believe that's going to be the reason I get an XB1. I pray MS doesn't make a wired controller for the XB1 so I don't have to go there...  :cry:

The wireless controller can be used wireless or wired. Just stick a USB cable into the PS4 and a Mini-USB into the DualShock 4. That's the way it was with PS3 and the same with PS4. 

#2301 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   1827 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

The wireless controller can be used wireless or wired. Just stick a USB cable into the PS4 and a Mini-USB into the DualShock 4. That's the way it was with PS3 and the same with PS4. 

Oh.  Whew.  Now I feel like I sounded too melodramatic in my previous post.  Thanks for that great news!  Still on the PS4 train then!  :razz:

#2302 Shadow Enz   Shadow of a ghost CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Shadow Enz

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

Oh.  Whew.  Now I feel like I sounded too melodramatic in my previous post.  Thanks for that great news!  Still on the PS4 train then!  :razz:

close call there, buddy. :lol:

The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#2303 sixteenvolt420   Hidefninja.com CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

sixteenvolt420

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

The PS3 wireless controllers actually last a pretty long time before they need charged again. Just have to have 2 and rotate them.

sixteenvolt420.png

#2304 thagoat   bundles are craptacular! CAGiversary!   1477 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

available now at Sams club for pre order.  Just snagged one.

#2305 jimmywolf   wolf CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

Edit:

even Thu am little late replying i use this http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it works great too play while charging use it in my pulse headset also

Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#2306 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   1827 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

even Thu am little late replying i use this http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it works great too play while charging use it in my pulse headset also

Oh, cool!  Thanks!  I was wondering whether they made long cables cuz all the ones I've seen for phones and tablets are pretty short.  Bookmarked for when I get my PS4!  :)

#2307 nnarum  

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Does SAMs charge you now or when item is shipped?

#2308 htz  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

Oh, cool!  Thanks!  I was wondering whether they made long cables cuz all the ones I've seen for phones and tablets are pretty short.  Bookmarked for when I get my PS4!  :)

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B001TH7GUK/

^Amazon branded one for less money and gold plated.

#2309 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   1827 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B001TH7GUK/

^Amazon branded one for less money and gold plated.

Ah, thanks!  I'll have to see how I plan to layout my console and play area.  This one is 6' long while the other is 15'.  I'll have to see how much I really need.

#2310 danh35   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   155 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

Ah, thanks!  I'll have to see how I plan to layout my console and play area.  This one is 6' long while the other is 15'.  I'll have to see how much I really need.

Make sure you buy a Micro USB cord for the PS4, not the Mini USB that the PS3 uses. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ps4, pre-orders, better, gaming, all in one, playstation 4, amazon, walmart, newegg, bestbuy