* * * * * 1 votes

Playstation Vita Lego Batman 2 Bundle $199.99

vita playstation sony lego

#31 Serious McMopy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Serious McMopy

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

I'll admit, this is a great deal, and it's all the better that it actually comes with a game I would play (as oppose to a sports game, or a shooter), but tell me why I should buy this, and not wait for a resign model?

Well when's Sony going to be coming out with one?  They didn't with this years E3 so the most likely scenario is to let if ride out through this holiday season letting the PS4 have the spotlight, then when the PS4's getting an established base introduce a new model or price cut in the spring or at E3.  Keep in mind that the Vita itself only launched in February of 2012 and a new model in the next two months would be kind of fast even by Nintendo's standards.  With how big a role they want it to play in the PS4 ecosystem I think we'll see one sooner than later but this holiday's unlikely when they need to be all in on getting PS4 out there.

Well, I figured it will probably not be until at least 2014 until if/when a redesign Vita model is released, but I guess I just do not want to spend $200+ on a Vita, only for it to be trumped by a improved model a year or so later. That is why, in part, I waited until the XL to buy the 3DS. Well, that, and I have also found I actually prefer the bigger handheld size.

Also, battery not being user replaceable has me bit concerned, and there's off chance they might fix that with the redesign. 

#32 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

Well, I figured it will probably not be until at least 2014 until if/when a redesign Vita model is released, but I guess I just do not want to spend $200+ on a Vita, only for it to be trumped by a improved model a year or so later. That is why, in part, I waited until the XL to buy the 3DS. Well, that, and I have also found I actually prefer the bigger handheld size.

Also, battery not being user replaceable has me bit concerned, and there's off chance they might fix that with the redesign. 

I don't blame you and your reasoning is exactly why I held off until now and hoping the $150 recert I ordered pays off.  I doubt they'll "fix" the battery thing though, these companies really like that extra bit of control and the replaceable battery on the PSP really burned Sony with the PSP.

#33 Serious McMopy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Serious McMopy

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

I don't blame you and your reasoning is exactly why I held off until now and hoping the $150 recert I ordered pays off.  I doubt they'll "fix" the battery thing though, these companies really like that extra bit of control and the replaceable battery on the PSP really burned Sony with the PSP.

Just out of curiosity, what happened with the PSP's battery?

#34 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

Just out of curiosity, what happened with the PSP's battery?

The main issue was that because these batteries are more than just batteries and have actual components that communicate with the system in various ways the main way to "crack" the PSP and play pirated stuff on it was to use a specially rigged battery that allowed them to circumvent the boot process.

#35 Serious McMopy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Serious McMopy

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:55 AM

If you are tolerant of 3rd party amazon sales, i picked up a new 3g vita (w/ 8gb card) on amazon for 180.  The box was all scuffed up, but was new as far as warranty was concerned.

I am, depending on the circumstances.

Was it still factory sealed?

Was is under "new" or "used"? Was it fulfilled by Amazon?

When did you buy it? Recently?

#36 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3832 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

That's a nice price on a Vita, I am still thinking about getting one. Not gonna jump on it yet though ><