Playstation Vita Lego Batman 2 Bundle $199.99

Bigmeat23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I know a lot of you out there were hoping for a Vita price drop announcement as much as I was tonight, unfortunately it didn't happen.  However I think I may have stumbled onto something just as good if not better.  If we would have gotten a price drop it would have been to $199.99.  Well how about $199.99 right now WITH Lego Batman 2 as an added bonus!

http://www.target.com/p/playstation-vita-lego-batman-2-bundle-playstation-vita/-/A-14277759#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=vita

I just ordered mine.  Can't wait for it to get here!  After I cashed in all of my shopkicks I only ended up paying just over $100 with shipping.  Can't beat the price, and can't wait to use this thing with my PS4!!!

I'm very disappointed that the Vita was really glossed over in the Sony conference.  That being said, I've really enjoyed my Vita and you've made a good decision.

I'm very disappointed that the Vita was really glossed over in the Sony conference. That being said, I've really enjoyed my Vita and you've made a good decision.
Thanks! I'm super excited to play it and pair it with my plus account and play all these free games!

Does it even include a memory card?
No, but only a few select bundles they sell do anyways. This is still a great deal.

$200 is a great price. That's what I paid for mine last year, and I roughly have 20 games or so for it. I've invested maybe another $200 getting games/accessories. Check your local Target for discounted memory card. YMMV but I found two 4GB memory cards for $9.98 at one location in New York.

I really regret not getting the Amazon $50 GC deal thinking they would drop the price during E3, that's what I get for trusting the internet. 

The tax and shipping make me reluctant about this deal, it's about $220 total and I don't really want lego batman 2. Does it come pre-installed or as a separate card that I could resell?

I really regret not getting the Amazon $50 GC deal thinking they would drop the price during E3, that's what I get for trusting the internet.

The tax and shipping make me reluctant about this deal, it's about $220 total and I don't really want lego batman 2. Does it come pre-installed or as a separate card that I could resell?

Pretty sure it's an extra card because it doesn't come with a memory card. So you can sell it. (Pays for shipping)

This deal is better then the $50 gift card deal IMO. One you are paying less and the other you pay full, still have tax, and just get a gift card.

I'm stoked! Come now vita!

Don't think I can risk this on a system that doesn't appear to have a promising future.

Don't think I can risk this on a system that doesn't appear to have a promising future.

You serious? With the ps4 connectability it's going to be a HUGE force in the coming future.
Pretty sweet deal, thanks OP!

You're welcome! Glad I can help a fellow gamer out! :)

It's been this price for awhile I think. Anyway enjoy your new Vita

Oh...well I didn't know... I mean just the console alone is $249.99 so getting the console and game at $199.99 seems like a deal to me....

heh, I've actually ordered it and cancelled my order twice now. Kind of nice that they let you cancel within half an hour. 

Still a good deal, just not sure I need a vita since all I want is to play psp games (I already have a psp) and persona 4 golden. 

this is a good deal!  I tried to find this one when Target had it listed at 219.99 (or 229), b/c you can sell the LEGO game if its not your thing (i think it was going for 20+ used).

As for VIta support, it's happening, and in unexpected ways.  Lots of games coming to Vita, and it's a really cool system.

If you are tolerant of 3rd party amazon sales, i picked up a new 3g vita (w/ 8gb card) on amazon for 180.  The box was all scuffed up, but was new as far as warranty was concerned.  I much prefer playing the indie platformers on my vita compared to ps3 (knytt underground, guacamelee, limbo, rayman!, so so good). 

I'm very disappointed that the Vita was really glossed over in the Sony conference. That being said, I've really enjoyed my Vita and you've made a good decision.
Yeah I expected more when they practically led with it.

It's been this price for awhile I think. Anyway enjoy your new Vita
Maybe at some point in time but it was definitely $250 last week when I looked and everyone was giving gift cards with it. I'm super tempted but there isn't a store anywhere around that has it, so tax and shipping kind of kills it especially when I can't use my Amazon credit.

My local Target has three of the CoD bundles for $179.99 each (clearance).  Still too pricey for me, but, I keep checking in to see if they go lower.

My local Target has three of the CoD bundles for $179.99 each (clearance). Still too pricey for me, but, I keep checking in to see if they go lower.
The Targets I visit in Buffalo, NY rarely have systems on clearance. They always have that Temporary Price cut on various systems like the PSP 3000 series.

I bought one, thanks OP! Now everyone go to my cag marketplace thread and buy my stuff so I can pay for it. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to find this bundle when they were running the $50 gift card deal (was it last week?).  Amazing how it suddenly shows up on their web site now.  I would have been all over it for $200 with a $50 gift card.

The tax and shipping make me reluctant about this deal, it's about $220 total and I don't really want lego batman 2. Does it come pre-installed or as a separate card that I could resell?

I saw a YouTube unboxing video of one and it had a cart(cart only, no box).

Pretty sure it's an extra card because it doesn't come with a memory card. So you can sell it. (Pays for shipping)

This deal is better then the $50 gift card deal IMO. One you are paying less and the other you pay full, still have tax, and just get a gift card.

I'm stoked! Come now vita!
Amazon doesn't tax every state.

Gosh. The quoting function has become ATROCIOUS. From a YouTube unboxing vid, it comes with a cart(cart only, no box).

I tried to find this bundle when they were running the $50 gift card deal (was it last week?). Amazing how it suddenly shows up on their web site now. I would have been all over it for $200 with a $50 gift card.
As would have everyone else including me. Still on the fence with this one. Including my redcard discount, its $206 shipped. I'm a bit surprised its still available.

I tried to find this bundle when they were running the $50 gift card deal (was it last week?). Amazing how it suddenly shows up on their web site now. I would have been all over it for $200 with a $50 gift card.
It was on the website for shipping with the $50 gift card but was $250 last week. My friend bought one last week.

I bought one, thanks OP! Now everyone go to my cag marketplace thread and buy my stuff so I can pay for it. :p
Hey man you're welcome! Glad i can help out a fellow gamer. That's why i love this forum. I'm writing this from my Vita that just came today...LOVE IT!!!

Those of you considering this deal, check your local store first if possible. I ended up having to buy items today and stopped by Target. They had this bundle in stock and offered to pricematch their website. I called customer service to cancel the item and they refused, saying that they can only cancel within 30 minutes of placing the order. My order was placed 4 hours ago. Their website's "find in store" option showed that no Target within 50 miles had this in stock. The employee verified that 6 more were in the warehouse. This could be Target making it an online only deal, thus zeroing out all the find in store stock. The "online price" would normally apply, but since their stores are price matching the website, it seems moot. I filed a complaint to corporate saying that they have a logistics issue between their website and local store. I'm not sure if anything will come of it, but if I was running a big business and large amounts of items were magically going missing and then returning, I would certainly want to know about it.

Either way, it's still a good deal. Just check your local store first if you want to save some time.

Hey man you're welcome! Glad i can help out a fellow gamer. That's why i love this forum. I'm writing this from my Vita that just came today...LOVE IT!!!
How is the browser on there? Does it feel quicker then the average android phone?

Those of you considering this deal, check your local store first if possible. I ended up having to buy items today and stopped by Target. They had this bundle in stock and offered to pricematch their website. I called customer service to cancel the item and they refused, saying that they can only cancel within 30 minutes of placing the order. My order was placed 4 hours ago. Their website's "find in store" option showed that no Target within 50 miles had this in stock. The employee verified that 6 more were in the warehouse. This could be Target making it an online only deal, thus zeroing out all the find in store stock. The "online price" would normally apply, but since their stores are price matching the website, it seems moot. I filed a complaint to corporate saying that they have a logistics issue between their website and local store. I'm not sure if anything will come of it, but if I was running a big business and large amounts of items were magically going missing and then returning, I would certainly want to know about it.

Either way, it's still a good deal. Just check your local store first if you want to save some time.

How is the browser on there? Does it feel quicker then the average android phone?
I don't have tons of experience with android phone browers, because, well.....i hate android phones, lol. They just don't work as well as my iOS devices. However I guess from my little experience I would say they are similar. I would choose an iPhone or iPad over the Vita for browsing but its not terrible. Perfectly sufficient.

I have an Android phone but only because rfgeneration.com wrote an app for it that I can edit my game collection via mobile. Otherwise I would have an iPhone too. I'm typing this on a Mac since my iPad is on the charger. ;)

I'll admit, this is a great deal, and hey, it actually comes with a game I would play, but tell me why I should buy this, and not wait for a resign model?

I'll admit, this is a great deal, and it's all the better that it actually comes with a game I would play (as oppose to a sports game, or a shooter), but tell me why I should buy this, and not wait for a resign model?
Well when's Sony going to be coming out with one? They didn't with this years E3 so the most likely scenario is to let if ride out through this holiday season letting the PS4 have the spotlight, then when the PS4's getting an established base introduce a new model or price cut in the spring or at E3. Keep in mind that the Vita itself only launched in February of 2012 and a new model in the next two months would be kind of fast even by Nintendo's standards. With how big a role they want it to play in the PS4 ecosystem I think we'll see one sooner than later but this holiday's unlikely when they need to be all in on getting PS4 out there.

I'll admit, this is a great deal, and it's all the better that it actually comes with a game I would play (as oppose to a sports game, or a shooter), but tell me why I should buy this, and not wait for a resign model?

Well when's Sony going to be coming out with one? They didn't with this years E3 so the most likely scenario is to let if ride out through this holiday season letting the PS4 have the spotlight, then when the PS4's getting an established base introduce a new model or price cut in the spring or at E3. Keep in mind that the Vita itself only launched in February of 2012 and a new model in the next two months would be kind of fast even by Nintendo's standards. With how big a role they want it to play in the PS4 ecosystem I think we'll see one sooner than later but this holiday's unlikely when they need to be all in on getting PS4 out there.
Well, I figured it will probably not be until at least 2014 until if/when a redesign Vita model is released, but I guess I just do not want to spend $200+ on a Vita, only for it to be trumped by a improved model a year or so later. That is why, in part, I waited until the XL to buy the 3DS. Well, that, and I have also found I actually prefer the bigger handheld size.

Also, battery not being user replaceable has me bit concerned, and there's off chance they might fix that with the redesign.

Well, I figured it will probably not be until at least 2014 until if/when a redesign Vita model is released, but I guess I just do not want to spend $200+ on a Vita, only for it to be trumped by a improved model a year or so later. That is why, in part, I waited until the XL to buy the 3DS. Well, that, and I have also found I actually prefer the bigger handheld size.

Also, battery not being user replaceable has me bit concerned, and there's off chance they might fix that with the redesign.
I don't blame you and your reasoning is exactly why I held off until now and hoping the $150 recert I ordered pays off. I doubt they'll "fix" the battery thing though, these companies really like that extra bit of control and the replaceable battery on the PSP really burned Sony with the PSP.

I don't blame you and your reasoning is exactly why I held off until now and hoping the $150 recert I ordered pays off. I doubt they'll "fix" the battery thing though, these companies really like that extra bit of control and the replaceable battery on the PSP really burned Sony with the PSP.
Just out of curiosity, what happened with the PSP's battery?

Just out of curiosity, what happened with the PSP's battery?
The main issue was that because these batteries are more than just batteries and have actual components that communicate with the system in various ways the main way to "crack" the PSP and play pirated stuff on it was to use a specially rigged battery that allowed them to circumvent the boot process.

If you are tolerant of 3rd party amazon sales, i picked up a new 3g vita (w/ 8gb card) on amazon for 180. The box was all scuffed up, but was new as far as warranty was concerned.
I am, depending on the circumstances.

Was it still factory sealed?

Was is under "new" or "used"? Was it fulfilled by Amazon?

When did you buy it? Recently?

bread's done
Back