Recertified

Pre-Owned

Both come complete and include:

• 1 - USB Cable
  • 1 - AC Adapter
  • 1 - AC Powed Cord
  • 1 - Printed Matirials
  • 1 - PS Vita System

Anyone have any experience with this seller? Considering ordering one...

#2 ThusSpokeZarathustra   Listen to the tiny trollop! CAGiversary!   937 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

ThusSpokeZarathustra

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

I'd totally be in for one if it wasn't the 3g version.

#3 nJoy7   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2237 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

Are there problems with the 3G/Wi-Fi version (over the plain Wi-Fi) that I'm unaware about?

I figured $120 (no tax for most) is a steal for a 3G/Wi-Fi Vita console...

#4 ThusSpokeZarathustra   Listen to the tiny trollop! CAGiversary!   937 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

ThusSpokeZarathustra

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

I don't think there are. x) I just don't want to pay for a data plan or anything. I'd rather just have the regular wi-fi version.

#5 AcrylamideTic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

AcrylamideTic

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

What's the difference between preowned and recertified?

Edit: Hmm, when I added to cart it automatically adds two. When I try to check out it says I have to buy a minimum of two.

This is only true for the preowned $120, not the recertified $150.

#6 ThusSpokeZarathustra   Listen to the tiny trollop! CAGiversary!   937 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

ThusSpokeZarathustra

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Edit: Hmm, when I added to cart it automatically adds two. When I try to check out it says I have to buy a minimum of two.

If that's the case, then it sounds like a scam.

#7 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1705 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

I don't think there are. x) I just don't want to pay for a data plan or anything. I'd rather just have the regular wi-fi version.

But you don't need to buy a data plan if you don't want one, right?

#8 ThusSpokeZarathustra   Listen to the tiny trollop! CAGiversary!   937 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

ThusSpokeZarathustra

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

You don't need to buy a data plan if you have a 3G/wifi vita?

#9 HookerMctitties   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

HookerMctitties

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

No you don't need to buy a data plan. Infact I keep my 3g & blue tooth turned off to help save battery life.

#10 ThusSpokeZarathustra   Listen to the tiny trollop! CAGiversary!   937 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

ThusSpokeZarathustra

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

Awesome. :D Now if someone says that this is a reputable seller and that it'll arrive in good condition, then I'll definitely order one.

#11 Kismayaz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

They're definitely legit. Bought my mom a tablet for mother's day from paydeals. Was recertified I believe. Came with everything and only -very- minor scratches on like 2 corners on the back.

#12 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8166 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

You don't need a data plan to own a 3G/WiFi Vita. I've owned one since last year, and it hasn't been an issue.

#13 LCAWC   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Recertified means something was wrong with the item, either hardware, software or cosmetic and it was repaired to meet the original factory specifications, Almost always when you buy something that was recertified by the original manufacture you get a virtually brand new item and a nifty guarantee, but when something is recertified by a third party it's typically a lousy craphsoot where the item is either still broken or damaged or will break within 30 days of use. I'm not familiar with PayDeals' recertification process, whether they do it themselves, use an outside company or get these from Sony direct. As such, I'm wary of this deal. Also, their FAQ section on replacements/guarantees is dubious, they state first that they do not offer returns, refunds or exchanges, but then after that say they will try to accomodate replacements and defective returns with either store credit or refund.

Hmm, this is a nice price but this company seems rather sketchy.

#14 nJoy7   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2237 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

Recertified means something was wrong with the item, either hardware, software or cosmetic and it was repaired to meet the original factory specifications, Almost always when you buy something that was recertified by the original manufacture you get a virtually brand new item and a nifty guarantee, but when something is recertified by a third party it's typically a lousy craphsoot where the item is either still broken or damaged or will break within 30 days of use. I'm not familiar with PayDeals' recertification process, whether they do it themselves, use an outside company or get these from Sony direct. As such, I'm wary of this deal.

Sounds like used for $120 is the way to go then. :P

#15 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

Well if its a refurb done by Sony it's definitely the way to go, if its done by some other company (like the one that does them for Gamestop) it's a crapshoot. My only concern about buying a used handheld is that it's not like a console that you can just get a new controller for if its busted all to hell and don't have to look directly at if its all scratched up.

The research I'm doing makes them sound legit, trying to find some feedback from someone who got one last time they ran this (was in March with only $100 off). Hard to know with the Internet but Reddit and Slickdeals people say they were pretty close to new but repacked. One said there's was scratched but otherwise good and one said it was pretty beat up but had no problem getting a refund. Getting hard not to take a chance on it... even if it was a little scratched but otherwise good condition could still probably break even. Wish it was a little more clear on the condition difference between the two. They're also PayPal verified for whatever that's worth.

Edit- Alright, took a chance and paid with Paypal for that extra bit of protection. Ordered the recertified version because according to Reddit the company claimed those are direct from AT&T but repackaged into generic packaging with no SIM. AT&T did just stop selling the Vita in stores recently so that does make some sense that a vendor like this would get a hold of them and be commissioned to repackage and liquidate those units. Figured that was the best way to go if that conjecture happened to be true and could end up with a new quality unit. Will let you guys know when it gets here, hopefully while the sale is still going.

Oh and they have a referral thing I guess so if you decide to order one and I steered you right I suppose I wouldn't argue with you using my referral code: http://paydeals.com/...Affiliate/5429/

#16 AcrylamideTic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

AcrylamideTic

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

I got a recertified one. We'll see how it goes. As long as it has no scratches on the screen and all the buttons work I'll be happy. 

I tried using your referral code but didn't see where to put it, oh well!

#17 batman2million   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   273 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

batman2million

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

On the edge to get this. Was seriously hoping for a price drop during e3.

#18 renebasketball   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

renebasketball

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Purchased my vita here it was perfect.

#19 Mulct   Programmer / Gamer CAG Newbie   58 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Great price for a vita, shame that I already have one.

#20 Copenhagun  

Copenhagun

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

My only issue right now? Memory card. What a ripoff!

#21 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3461 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

Hmmm, I would have said to PM BB's price on the 16GB but now I can't find it on BB.com.  Maybe they finally pulled the listing or that my search is only pulling up available stock (shows 8 and 32G available locally).

I know a couple weeks ago, a bunch of us had PM'ed the $30 price at Target with a link or printout.  I had no problem PMing such that I probably should have picked up two.  Oh well, at least I have one.

#22 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

I tried using your referral code but didn't see where to put it, oh well!

Thanks for trying anyway, changing it to the URL (my iPad didn't want to copy and paste it at the time).  No idea what it gets you or if I'll ever shop from there again but ya never know.

Yeah, that's the other thing it would have been nice to see an announcement of a price drop on.  Of course I passed on picking up a 16GB card at the one Target that had them on clearance and now they're gone.

#23 timro33   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

Read some really bad reviews of this site. Check pissed consumer and site jabber complaints. Kinda sketchy.

Just wanted to make everyone aware.

#24 chickenbutt   Nope CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

chickenbutt

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

Any reason to get a vita? Looks pretty tempting but I havent really paid much attention to vita news. I already have a 3ds tho.

#25 RyuTheBurninator   Psycho + Sunlight = Explosion? CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

RyuTheBurninator

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

ordered one for a friend used paypal to be safe. will keep updating upon order status.

#26 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

Any reason to get a vita? Looks pretty tempting but I havent really paid much attention to vita news. I already have a 3ds tho.

Depends on two things: do you have a PS3 and what kind of games you're interested in. If you have a PS3 then you better have PS+ which makes it quite worthwhile. Otherwise it's a lot of indie games and "classics" on PSN, watered down console imitations and hard core Japanese style games. Having PS+ and an interest in those Japanese games I think it's entirely worth buying as a compliment to my PS3, 3DS and PC though the only retail games I see myself biting anytime soon are Soul Sacrifice and Persona 4 Golden. Also if you have a PS3 more things seem to be going cross buy all the time.

Read some really bad reviews of this site. Check pissed consumer and site jabber complaints. Kinda sketchy.
Just wanted to make everyone aware.

Well I used PayPal to hopefully get that extra protection just in case. I went off the generally positive reaction on places like Reddit to their previous similar sales.

#27 RyuTheBurninator   Psycho + Sunlight = Explosion? CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

RyuTheBurninator

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:20 AM

persona 4 golden is an amazing game.

#28 corygbp   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

Bought the used version.  I just bought a ps3 a few days ago, I'm definitely sipping the Sony Kool-aid after E3 it seems.

#29 JUSTSULTAN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

JUSTSULTAN

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

I am currently in VA, playing my 3G/WIFI Vita that I got from paydeals. These guys are legit and I am super happy with my purchase. Everything came as described and arrived in a timely manner. I also agree that Persona Golden is fantastic, currently working on raising my Magic, Lover and Moon S.LINKS! I suggest an armorshield for it though, I dropped my baby because the pouch wasn't zipped and it got a couple of bumps and bruises :censored:

#30 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:37 AM

I am currently in VA, playing my 3G/WIFI Vita that I got from paydeals. These guys are legit and I am super happy with my purchase. Everything came as described and arrived in a timely manner. I also agree that Persona Golden is fantastic, currently working on raising my Magic, Lover and Moon S.LINKS! I suggest an armorshield for it though, I dropped my baby because the pouch wasn't zipped and it got a couple of bumps and bruises :censored:

Out of curiosity was it listed as a used unit or a recertified one?

Also, apparently the referral link gets me points and whoever purchases it points as well and apparently those can be used towards other stuff.  That they're offering Amazon credit for them is... interesting but hey let's earn those points together right? ;)