PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi (Used, $120 - Recertified, $150) @ PayDeals

Are there problems with the 3G/Wi-Fi version (over the plain Wi-Fi) that I'm unaware about?

I figured $120 (no tax for most) is a steal for a 3G/Wi-Fi Vita console...

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the difference between preowned and recertified?

Edit: Hmm, when I added to cart it automatically adds two. When I try to check out it says I have to buy a minimum of two.

This is only true for the preowned $120, not the recertified $150.

They're definitely legit. Bought my mom a tablet for mother's day from paydeals. Was recertified I believe. Came with everything and only -very- minor scratches on like 2 corners on the back.

Edit: Hmm, when I added to cart it automatically adds two. When I try to check out it says I have to buy a minimum of two.

Recertified means something was wrong with the item, either hardware, software or cosmetic and it was repaired to meet the original factory specifications, Almost always when you buy something that was recertified by the original manufacture you get a virtually brand new item and a nifty guarantee, but when something is recertified by a third party it's typically a lousy craphsoot where the item is either still broken or damaged or will break within 30 days of use. I'm not familiar with PayDeals' recertification process, whether they do it themselves, use an outside company or get these from Sony direct. As such, I'm wary of this deal. Also, their FAQ section on replacements/guarantees is dubious, they state first that they do not offer returns, refunds or exchanges, but then after that say they will try to accomodate replacements and defective returns with either store credit or refund.

Hmm, this is a nice price but this company seems rather sketchy.

Recertified means something was wrong with the item, either hardware, software or cosmetic and it was repaired to meet the original factory specifications, Almost always when you buy something that was recertified by the original manufacture you get a virtually brand new item and a nifty guarantee, but when something is recertified by a third party it's typically a lousy craphsoot where the item is either still broken or damaged or will break within 30 days of use. I'm not familiar with PayDeals' recertification process, whether they do it themselves, use an outside company or get these from Sony direct. As such, I'm wary of this deal.
Sounds like used for $120 is the way to go then. :p

Well if its a refurb done by Sony it's definitely the way to go, if its done by some other company (like the one that does them for Gamestop) it's a crapshoot. My only concern about buying a used handheld is that it's not like a console that you can just get a new controller for if its busted all to hell and don't have to look directly at if its all scratched up.

The research I'm doing makes them sound legit, trying to find some feedback from someone who got one last time they ran this (was in March with only $100 off). Hard to know with the Internet but Reddit and Slickdeals people say they were pretty close to new but repacked. One said there's was scratched but otherwise good and one said it was pretty beat up but had no problem getting a refund. Getting hard not to take a chance on it... even if it was a little scratched but otherwise good condition could still probably break even. Wish it was a little more clear on the condition difference between the two. They're also PayPal verified for whatever that's worth.

Edit- Alright, took a chance and paid with Paypal for that extra bit of protection. Ordered the recertified version because according to Reddit the company claimed those are direct from AT&T but repackaged into generic packaging with no SIM. AT&T did just stop selling the Vita in stores recently so that does make some sense that a vendor like this would get a hold of them and be commissioned to repackage and liquidate those units. Figured that was the best way to go if that conjecture happened to be true and could end up with a new quality unit. Will let you guys know when it gets here, hopefully while the sale is still going.

Oh and they have a referral thing I guess so if you decide to order one and I steered you right I suppose I wouldn't argue with you using my referral code: http://paydeals.com/multireflinks/index/refer/Affiliate/5429/

I got a recertified one. We'll see how it goes. As long as it has no scratches on the screen and all the buttons work I'll be happy. 

I tried using your referral code but didn't see where to put it, oh well!

My only issue right now? Memory card. What a ripoff!
Hmmm, I would have said to PM BB's price on the 16GB but now I can't find it on BB.com. Maybe they finally pulled the listing or that my search is only pulling up available stock (shows 8 and 32G available locally).

I know a couple weeks ago, a bunch of us had PM'ed the $30 price at Target with a link or printout. I had no problem PMing such that I probably should have picked up two. Oh well, at least I have one.

I tried using your referral code but didn't see where to put it, oh well!
Thanks for trying anyway, changing it to the URL (my iPad didn't want to copy and paste it at the time). No idea what it gets you or if I'll ever shop from there again but ya never know.

My only issue right now? Memory card. What a ripoff!
Yeah, that's the other thing it would have been nice to see an announcement of a price drop on. Of course I passed on picking up a 16GB card at the one Target that had them on clearance and now they're gone.

Read some really bad reviews of this site. Check pissed consumer and site jabber complaints. Kinda sketchy.

Just wanted to make everyone aware.

Any reason to get a vita? Looks pretty tempting but I havent really paid much attention to vita news. I already have a 3ds tho.
Depends on two things: do you have a PS3 and what kind of games you're interested in. If you have a PS3 then you better have PS+ which makes it quite worthwhile. Otherwise it's a lot of indie games and "classics" on PSN, watered down console imitations and hard core Japanese style games. Having PS+ and an interest in those Japanese games I think it's entirely worth buying as a compliment to my PS3, 3DS and PC though the only retail games I see myself biting anytime soon are Soul Sacrifice and Persona 4 Golden. Also if you have a PS3 more things seem to be going cross buy all the time.

Read some really bad reviews of this site. Check pissed consumer and site jabber complaints. Kinda sketchy.
Just wanted to make everyone aware.
Well I used PayPal to hopefully get that extra protection just in case. I went off the generally positive reaction on places like Reddit to their previous similar sales.

Bought the used version.  I just bought a ps3 a few days ago, I'm definitely sipping the Sony Kool-aid after E3 it seems.

I am currently in VA, playing my 3G/WIFI Vita that I got from paydeals. These guys are legit and I am super happy with my purchase. Everything came as described and arrived in a timely manner. I also agree that Persona Golden is fantastic, currently working on raising my Magic, Lover and Moon S.LINKS! I suggest an armorshield for it though, I dropped my baby because the pouch wasn't zipped and it got a couple of bumps and bruises :censored:

I am currently in VA, playing my 3G/WIFI Vita that I got from paydeals. These guys are legit and I am super happy with my purchase. Everything came as described and arrived in a timely manner. I also agree that Persona Golden is fantastic, currently working on raising my Magic, Lover and Moon S.LINKS! I suggest an armorshield for it though, I dropped my baby because the pouch wasn't zipped and it got a couple of bumps and bruises :censored:
Out of curiosity was it listed as a used unit or a recertified one?

Also, apparently the referral link gets me points and whoever purchases it points as well and apparently those can be used towards other stuff. That they're offering Amazon credit for them is... interesting but hey let's earn those points together right? ;)

Out of curiosity was it listed as a used unit or a recertified one?

Also, apparently the referral link gets me points and whoever purchases it points as well and apparently those can be used towards other stuff. That they're offering Amazon credit for them is... interesting but hey let's earn those points together right? ;)
This...I HATE buying stuff w/o seeing it so I'm freaking out even thinking about buying used/refurb

BUT this is a great deal soooooo

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the recertified one. I'll post again about the condition. I think I was able to successfully use your referral link, amusedtoe.

Aw man, the recertified models are now sold out.  I'm more comfortable with that than used.  I'm considering that $199 Target deal...  I really expected that we were going to see an E3 pricecut.  It seemed inevitable after every retailer was offering a $50 giftcard, it sure seemed like they were clearing stock.  Oh well.

Emailed the company and actually got a reply on what re-certified means. Here is the actual reply:

The meaning of Recertified is : items have been fully factory tested for functionality and are cosmetically in 'Like New' condition.

On behalf of PayDeals we would like to thank you for your loyal support.

Thanks,
Rob Ospina

PayDeals Customer Service Team

So for those of you that got one seems like a great deal.

Cowboom still had used ones in stock for special deal of the day price $109.99 plus $5 shipping and you can get a protection plan.

http://www.cowboom.com/deal-of-the-day.cfm

I'm going to be the gunnea pig for the Used vita. I was on the fence last night about the $150, but since Nintendo didn't pull out a lighter, better battery life 3DS yesterday, the money I had set aside for one can go to a Vita. Still, $120 isn't bad since it seems neither console manufacturer is going to drop the price anytime soon.

E: Also, the cowboom vitas didn't look all that good. Hopefully the "used" vitas here are AT&T returns

E2: Cowboom:

What's not included?
AC power cable
USB Cable
Owners Manual

Those parts alone are $30 and are included with the PayDeals one.

I decided to bite on the used version too. I was thinking about the price and I believe it is relatively good and I hope that it is in good condition. I guess next will if there is a good sale for the memory card.

Mine shipped as well (went with a re-certified unit). Now I need to try and save a few bucks on a memory card. Where are people getting memory cards from?

That's the best option I've seen so far unless you really want something bigger.  Can also check your local Targets on the off chance that they still have some on clearance but there's not a lot of great options at the moment.

My recert has also shipped. I'm really curious about how the used will look vs the recert. $120 is an amazing price if they come in relatively good condition, I might be jealous.

The response from paydeals about what recert means sounds really good though, hopefully there will be negligible if any cosmetic damage.

bread's done
Back