* * * * * 1 votes

Tom Clancy's The Division (Xbox One)

xbox one the division tom clancy ubisoft

#1 koalak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

Division_Teaser.jpg

Z8oArFK.jpg

A devastating pandemic sweeps through New York City, and one by one, basic services fail. In only days, without food or water, society collapses into chaos. The Division, a classified unit of self-supported tactical agents, is activated. Leading seemingly ordinary lives among us, The Division agents are trained to operate independently of command, as all else fails. 

Fighting to prevent the fall of society, the agents will find themselves caught up in an epic conspiracy, forced to combat not only the effects of a manmade virus, but also the rising threat of those behind it. When everything collapses, your mission begins.

Total breakdown
We live in a fragile and complex world, a web of interdependent systems we rely on every day. When one fails, others follow, creating a deadly domino effect that can cripple society in days. In Tom Clancy’s The Division™, immerse yourself in a frighteningly chaotic and devastated New York City, where all has failed. As a Division agent, your mission is to restore order, team up with other agents and take back New York.
A new take on the Clancy series
Welcome to an online, open-world RPG experience where exploration and player-progression are essential. Use your skills, weapons and wits in combat. Play in a persistent and dynamic environment that combines the Tom Clancy™ series’ core authenticity and tactical decisions, RPG action, trading and much more.

100% social

Team up with friends in co-op, jump in and jump out at any time and use your combined skills to fight the crisis, investigate the sources of the virus and engage all threats… Even your own citizens. Seamlessly engage in PVP, player-to-player trading, and experience suspenseful scenarios where danger can come from anywhere and anyone.

Only on next-gen

Powered by our new game engine Snowdrop™, tailor-made for next-gen consoles, Tom Clancy’s The Division achieves a whole new level of gameplay quality. Snowdrop takes full advantage of the new consoles with dynamic global illumination, stunning procedural destruction and an insane amount of detail and visual effects.

Gear up & live your own adventure
As part of The Division, harness state-of-the-art technology: both networked and prototyped. Loot fallen foes and craft new, improved gear. Completely customize your go-bag, an agent’s only supplies in the event of collapse, and communicate with the other agents at all times with your smart watch. Customize your agent with thousands of weapon types, skill combinations, gear and much more. The choices you make can help forge a recovery or plunge the city deeper into chaos.

Revolutionary companion gaming

On your smart phone or tablet, join your friends in real-time gameplay with exclusive characters. The app gives you a bird’s eye view of the battlefield, the ability to attack enemies and to place targets for your allies or enhance their capabilities.

Info
Release date TBA

Platforms: Xbox One, PS4

Resources

#2 I OU a Beatn   GO GATORS! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

I OU a Beatn

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

Aside from Titanfall, this impressed me the most. Can't wait for it to come out. I love 3rd person shooters.

630736.png

#3 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43811 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

Definitely looked sick!

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

1046150.png

#4 Malik112099   Got Wife? CAGiversary!   8220 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Malik112099

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

I am the most pumped for this game. I wonder how the real time phone/tablet integration will work.
Posted Image

#5 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9184 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

This was a strong showing from Ubisoft and I'm liking the UI akin to something like Dead Space, that doesn't break your immersion.

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67ecuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.oVbieaO.pngVdThmcK.jpg

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

:xbox: Call of Duty 4: MW Series, GRiD 2, Forza Horizon

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
:D Assassin's Creed: Origins, Crackdown 3, Sea of Theives, State of Decay 2

#6 Revixe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   938 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

In my opinion, The Division has been one of the best games shown at E3 so far. It's definitely a must buy for me. Can't wait to play it.

#7 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9184 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

Apparently that drone you saw in the gameplay was being controlled by a player using an app to help out their friends. I'm loving how the second screen experience is shaping up with games now.

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67ecuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.oVbieaO.pngVdThmcK.jpg

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

:xbox: Call of Duty 4: MW Series, GRiD 2, Forza Horizon

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
:D Assassin's Creed: Origins, Crackdown 3, Sea of Theives, State of Decay 2

#8 thenexus6   more human than human CAGiversary!   2221 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

thenexus6

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

One of my favourite in show, especially of new games not announced before this E3

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/the_nexus6

#9 AzGoat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

So mine!

#10 Ashane   CAG in Training CAG Veteran   409 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

Best game in show IMO.

I hope they enable cross platform play however, but I know the likely hood is slim.

fs_overall.png

#11 Lonegunman718   it can't rain all the time... CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Lonegunman718

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

fall 2014 is so long away  :censored:  but i cant wait its a day one buy when ever it comes out.

lonewd1.gif

Lonegunman718  on  PSN/XBL

#12 MAYBESEW  

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

This was by far the game that came out of nowhere and I was most interested in.

#13 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:55 PM

Ta da!

http://blog.ubi.com/...sion-open-beta/

Open Beta next week & early access to X1 players!

#14 GolfMan   Friendly Golf Pro CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:46 PM

Just can't get into this one. I'm not saying this is good game or bad game or whatever, but I played the beta and it seemed cool and all, but I felt so overwhelmed with stuff I just quit playing haha. I just don't have time to play games for long hours like I used too and this seems like a game you need to dedicate a lot of time too. I just now finished Fallout 4 (Main Quest) haha

#15 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:57 PM

With great responsibility comes great sacrifice...heh.

my play time is limited so from the beta it seemed exactly what I want in a game given my situation. Big selling points were the NYC background, the no pressure solo campaign which also has replayable matchmaking w/increased difficulty modes, the option of PVP, and no urgency to try and get the best gear, the highest level, ASAP just so I could keep up with my fellow gamers.

Likely you'd need to dedicate a lot of time to it to truly experience what the game has to offer but I feel it's at whatever pace you set it at.

#16 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Trading Ban   13648 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:18 AM

I'm waiting for target to sell the Gold edition of this for 59.99 like they did for the others Gold edition

#17 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:27 PM

If Target published or sent me an email when the Gold Edition would drop in price I'd probably be able to wait it out...otherwise I've been wanting to play more than just the beta for quite some time.

#18 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10450 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:33 AM

One of very few games I've preordered in the last few years. The beta really did it for me, can't wait for the full thing.

Posted Image

#19 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5851 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:04 AM

Open beta next week. Can't wait to see the changes they made for the game

Formerly known as slickkill77

#20 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:20 PM

Open beta next week. Can't wait to see the changes they made for the game

They posted a list of changes on their dev blog site. What might be stealth tweaked, who knows.

I'm glad they added a new missions, my guess is the Lincoln tunnel check point since they keep releasing videos about it and I noticed the levels during the walk through the players are about lvl 5...and the addition of unlocking the turret.

#21 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:15 PM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=hlE8Y5nIoBo

pretty cool news and possible rumor about rikers island being a raid instance. The full map with points of interest is pretty friggin big...if I won the power ball id probably pay to fly out to the first poster who says there isn't enough content and slap them.

#22 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10450 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:38 PM

Got an email saying the beta for the 18th can be preloaded now (I think if you still have it from the prior beta it'll be the same thing). Good to know since that's a pretty large download.

Posted Image

#23 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5552 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:41 PM

Got an email saying the beta for the 18th can be preloaded now (I think if you still have it from the prior beta it'll be the same thing). Good to know since that's a pretty large download.

I kept the old download. Started it up yesterday just fine, though I was obviously unable to play anything and just got the message of the beta starting Thursday.

XBL: Z 5aber

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber

Uplay: Z-Saber

Origin: Z_Saber_64

Battle.net BattleTag: Zsaber#11913

PSN: Zsaber64

#24 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10450 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:00 PM

Nothing quite like rolling solo through DZ, sending the signal for the helicopter, and then with about 20 seconds left on the time noticing 2 rogue agents rolling up there. Extraction point was on the roof, so I go down a level and try to hide. Proximity voice chat in this game is so awesome. "I see him, I see him." Fuck. So I bolt and head for the fire escape...at which point I hear a third guy on voice chat. "I see him, he's coming down the stairs, I got him."

Was laughing too hard to be pissed. Can't wait for the final game.

Posted Image

#25 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:41 PM

DZ was either a ghost town or completely chaotic with rogues and anti rogues.

March 8th can't come fast enough.

#26 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Trading Ban   13648 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:30 PM

Anyone know if you can use your stuff from the beta in the real game

#27 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10450 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:53 PM

Assuming no, since the beta started you at level 4. I think everything will be reset when it comes out. I think they give you a hat or icon or something for participating in the beta, but that's it.

Posted Image

#28 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:38 PM

It's almost time...kinda.

#29 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Trading Ban   13648 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:43 PM

is there any redbox coupons out there because I want to rent it

#30 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10450 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:52 PM

No midnight openings for this at Best Buy. #@%*#%@

Not going to change my preorder to GS since I've got 20% off + a $5 cert, but damn. Way to leave me hanging, BB.

Posted Image