* * * * * 1 votes

Tom Clancy's The Division (Xbox One)

xbox one the division tom clancy ubisoft

#31 gogomo  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:20 PM

Just sleep and pick it up when they open in the AM.  That's my plan.  I'll be at the door by the time they open, should be home within the hour, give it 30 minutes to an hour to install and download update, and I should be saving NYC before noon.  Lol.

I'm super excited for this game.  The only disappointing thing I've read, from people who are already playing it, is the limited faces you can choose for your character.  I was expecting more customization options.  Ah well.

#32 Renegade Moose   The cake is a lie. CAGiversary!   1046 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Renegade Moose

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:42 PM

Well, I broke down and preloaded.  Even got lucky enough to get out of closing so I get off 30 minutes early tomorrow.  Hopefully the servers are running fine by then and not having hiccups like the open beta at launch.

Posted Image

#33 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10462 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:18 PM

Just sleep and pick it up when they open in the AM.  That's my plan.  I'll be at the door by the time they open, should be home within the hour, give it 30 minutes to an hour to install and download update, and I should be saving NYC before noon.  Lol.

I'm super excited for this game.  The only disappointing thing I've read, from people who are already playing it, is the limited faces you can choose for your character.  I was expecting more customization options.  Ah well.

I'm working. But I'll pick it up on the way home and I start work late on Wednesday so I'll get a decent amount of time in on it.

Watched Giant Bomb playing it live earlier for like 20 minutes. Wish I could have gotten a better idea of the overall size/scope of it but it's not like there will be any shortage of information on the game by dinnertime tonight.

...hope the servers hold up  8-[

Posted Image

#34 gogomo  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:25 PM

I'm working. But I'll pick it up on the way home and I start work late on Wednesday so I'll get a decent amount of time in on it.

Watched Giant Bomb playing it live earlier for like 20 minutes. Wish I could have gotten a better idea of the overall size/scope of it but it's not like there will be any shortage of information on the game by dinnertime tonight.

...hope the servers hold up  8-[

Dang, sounds like you didn't get a chance to play the open beta?  I participated in the closed alpha, closed beta, and open beta and loved it so much that I have no interest in watching any videos right now.  The game exceeded my expectations (except for the aforementioned lack of character faces) that I want the whole experience to be as fresh as possible when I play it myself.  Yeah, I hope the servers hold up as well!

#35 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10462 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:54 PM

Dang, sounds like you didn't get a chance to play the open beta? 

Nah I played the hell out of it (both closed and open beta). For the scope thing I just meant getting an idea of the full game size compared to what was available in the beta.

Posted Image

#36 gogomo  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:04 PM

Nah I played the hell out of it (both closed and open beta). For the scope thing I just meant getting an idea of the full game size compared to what was available in the beta.

Gotcha.  I really hope they open up a lot more of Manhattan, even if it's in a future expansion.  Having lived there before, it would be so nice to be able to roam the whole city in-game.  Lol.

#37 evilw0n   Deals & Games CAGiversary!   1788 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:13 AM

Alright...was intrigued by the beta on the PC but knowing that the XB1 install base will be larger, I am going with that.  Not been on the XB1 that much so if anyone would like to add me, I'll be playing when I have the chance.

evilwon8675309

#38 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10462 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:50 PM

I laughed. DMVision Simulator 2016.

hytDbaQ.jpg

Posted Image

#39 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4421 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:36 PM

Lol.

I had to uninstall and reinstall. Got error codes...likely due to how the preorder download worked and didn't work. Hopefully it'll be working when I get home from work.

#40 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4421 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:43 PM

Yeah I'm stuck in the safe house with a lap top that will activate but then nothing. A bunch of lvl 3 players and fish off the streets just doing jumping jacks and idling.

#41 Renegade Moose   The cake is a lie. CAGiversary!   1046 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Renegade Moose

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:48 PM

Yeah I'm stuck in the safe house with a lap top that will activate but then nothing. A bunch of lvl 3 players and fish off the streets just doing jumping jacks and idling.

I didn't have any issues like people are seeing today, but then again I only played last night when it unlocked and only up to the safe house. Not much can go wrong in that time.
Posted Image

#42 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10462 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:10 PM

It's probably only gonna get worse tonight as people get off work and start playing (including me).

Can't be mad though. If I'm ponying up money for an online-heavy game on day 1, I know I get what I'm asking for at this point.

Posted Image

#43 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4421 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:59 PM

Enough ppl filtered out of the safe house and it finally let me do the first mission...now I'm basically where the beta begins.

Wish there was a few extra facial character customization options because right now I look like Jim Lee but taller. Hahaha.

I went totally different for the medical mission on hard at lvl 5. Riot shield and double barrel shotgun from the season pass. Holy crap...it rocks. Sporting the national guard set which actually says us army on the patch.

It's going to be crazy with outfits, the in game store has alike helicopter and tank commander outfits with helmets'for $4.99. I think unless they come out with sub zero from mortal combat I'll buy it...but since that'll never happen I'm good on outfits.

We ought to get a CAG group together after a few days and dark zone or some missions for heck of it.

#44 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4496 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:09 AM

Picked it up today and only played for a little bit before I had to go to work, but it worked fine and I enjoyed what I got to play.  Not that important, but what's with the lack of customization?

I play nights and get online between 8p to 1a depending on my work shift the next day:

JDawgg77

#45 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3359 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:06 AM

renting it to see if I like it. On usually 7pm to 9pm M-Th and Fri/ Sat 7-3am  add me if you want to play sometime will probably end up picking it up. 

76561198023547234.png

Kamagii.png

#46 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4421 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:19 PM

The number of lvl 4 players in matchmaking for the Medical mission (Hard), was staggering...1/2 the players acted like broken AI. They stood in cover forever, then ran out and died, crawled to me, got a revive...stood in cover, ran out and died again. repeat.

The other mission that the open Beta had was worse because, the group I was with was under powered but they had a lot of heart so I couldn't abandon them.

I even failed an encounter that didn't allow for reset or anything. I actually don't even know what I was supposed to do because I heard some chatter from one mission and ran into an encounter that had chatter. Next thing I know, I drop a rioter and it said something like "Mercury dropped, encounter failed." Could have been Mercy dropped, whatever.

They definitely seemed to have upped the difficulty which is great.

#47 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Trading Ban   13655 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:24 PM

do you need the beta for anything for the real game or can I delete it

#48 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7588 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:12 PM

I can't believe I caved and got this. After Destiny consumed my life I told myself I wouldn't get this, especially after being underwhelmed with the Alpha and Beta. Now though my entire freaking friends list has been on playing and I felt left out....

#49 Renegade Moose   The cake is a lie. CAGiversary!   1046 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Renegade Moose

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:26 PM

I can't believe I caved and got this. After Destiny consumed my life I told myself I wouldn't get this, especially after being underwhelmed with the Alpha and Beta. Now though my entire freaking friends list has been on playing and I felt left out....

I feel like I am having more fun than in the beta and I have no idea why.
Posted Image

#50 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7588 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:51 PM

I feel like I am having more fun than in the beta and I have no idea why.

That seems to be the general consensus with most people I have talked to about it and the reason I finally fully caved. Here is to hoping I like it enough and even if I don't I will have my fightstick on the table in front of me with SFV loaded up so all I will have to do is switch channels to the ps4. Maximum nerd lazy!

#51 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4421 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:54 PM

I got my cousin playing this game, he said its so different an experience that he feels compelled to rush home to play and he doesn't know why.

Not sure why I'm having as much fun but there's a certain satisfaction in spraying a looter and rioter...cause the number of times you've seen some stuff happen in the subway or on the street and couldn't do anything.

Has anyone tried crafting yet? I haven't even visited the table.

#52 evilw0n   Deals & Games CAGiversary!   1788 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:05 AM

The number of lvl 4 players in matchmaking for the Medical mission (Hard), was staggering...1/2 the players acted like broken AI. They stood in cover forever, then ran out and died, crawled to me, got a revive...stood in cover, ran out and died again. repeat.

The other mission that the open Beta had was worse because, the group I was with was under powered but they had a lot of heart so I couldn't abandon them.

I even failed an encounter that didn't allow for reset or anything. I actually don't even know what I was supposed to do because I heard some chatter from one mission and ran into an encounter that had chatter. Next thing I know, I drop a rioter and it said something like "Mercury dropped, encounter failed." Could have been Mercy dropped, whatever.

They definitely seemed to have upped the difficulty which is great.

and the surprise factor.  Got stuff going on this week so not much playing time but I got "ambushed" by a boss walking around a corner.  This was a boss that wasn't even on any mission or encounter.    I am not mad but saying that they definitely changed it from the beta.  Headshots still are the best bet to take something down.

#53 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Trading Ban   13655 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:20 AM

do you need the beta for anything for the real game or can I delete it

any one know

#54 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7588 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:34 AM

any one know

If it is like any previous betas for other games there is no need to keep it. They have digital record of your account's participation in the beta and that is the only thing that matters. I am deleting mine.

#55 Fearia   I'a Cthulhu! CAGiversary!   1288 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:29 AM

I'll be playing this soon. I'll be honest, I haven't read the thread yet. But if anyone wants to play with me in the future, feel free to add me.

GT: BeFlatLine
Posted Image

#56 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4421 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:15 PM

Did the Lincoln Tunnel mission on hard last night as my first attempt, I figure I'm lvl 8, should be doable. NOPE...not when a lvl 11 joins your game. (and a lvl 9 on comms)

It was humbling to have to manage cover and your health in the first few battles, eventually we got through it...I leveled, looted some greens and cleared everything and started chipping away at the final boss. Then, the servers went down for maintenance. Gah! No credit, no boss drop, no reward drop. I did find out some avenues for success and better angles for next attempt.

I think I'll just speed solo it tonight on normal, respec and then go on hard.

Random: hey, if your med skill is up I could really use a heal...I'm out of medkits

Me: no problem.

Random: wow, full heal...thanks!

Me: I can carry 7 medkits

Random: the hell? LOL

Yeah...w/the talent I also heal 40% to my allies if they're nearby. It's awesome.

#57 Renegade Moose   The cake is a lie. CAGiversary!   1046 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Renegade Moose

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:23 PM

Does hard mode adjust to the group's level?
Posted Image

#58 gogomo  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:42 PM

Does hard mode adjust to the group's level?

I think it does.  I did the same mission twice (at different times and with different characters -- I have two) and the enemies scaled up on the second attempt because a random on the squad was a 16 (the rest of us were levels 10/11).  I forget what level the enemies were, but they were definitely not the same as when I did it the first time.  Wished the game did a better job matching people of similar levels as the mission was much harder that second time.

My only other complaint so far is that they could've (should've) done a better job with the story/narrative.  I'm one of those people that don't think The Division is similar to Destiny at all, but in terms of the way the story is handled, they both are similar in their failures.  I was expecting more cutscenes and things that tie the story missions together, and more drama to make you care about what you are doing.  As it is, in both games, we're just doing disjointed missions that could easily be mistaken for random side missions if not for the increase in enemies and the larger scope of the arenas.  Like, we defeated a boss of one of the factions and it didn't even really register with me until 15 minutes later when I went to check what achievement I had unlocked.  I read the description and then it dawned on me what we just did.  Aside from his armor, there was nothing special that made this boss stand out.  Cutscenes would've helped; show us the atrocities he had done before, or show him taunting us, or something.  Still enjoying the game, but could've been so much better, storywise. 

#59 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10462 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:29 PM

Playing some of these missions on hard ain't no joke. It wasn't one of the opening 3 missions that you do to unlock each wing of the base, but I think the second "Medical" mission you can do. It took literally an hour plus - mainly because the only way we could past the last area was remaining in a small opening above the area that the enemies couldn't reach and taking shots at whoever we could. As soon as any of us jumped up within view we got lit up and had to go back and heal. I wouldn't say it was "fun" exactly, but once we finally eliminated all the grunts and only had the boss himself to go it was pretty satisfying to get through...even if we had to cheese it to complete it.

And yeah, the difficulty will adjust to your group's level.

Posted Image

#60 gogomo  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:40 PM

Playing some of these missions on hard ain't no joke. It wasn't one of the opening 3 missions that you do to unlock each wing of the base, but I think the second "Medical" mission you can do. It took literally an hour plus - mainly because the only way we could past the last area was remaining in a small opening above the area that the enemies couldn't reach and taking shots at whoever we could.

We did the exact same.  I can't wait to find out if there are other, non-cheesy strategies for this mission on hard.  We tried going to the platform on the right, but we would get bum rushed every time.  That mission convinced me not to play on hard any more.  The extra loot isn't worth it considering it takes so much more time.  I'd rather level faster and craft my own end gear.