Tom Clancy's The Division (Xbox One)

koalak

CAGiversary!
Division_Teaser.jpg

Z8oArFK.jpg

A devastating pandemic sweeps through New York City, and one by one, basic services fail. In only days, without food or water, society collapses into chaos. The Division, a classified unit of self-supported tactical agents, is activated. Leading seemingly ordinary lives among us, The Division agents are trained to operate independently of command, as all else fails. 

Fighting to prevent the fall of society, the agents will find themselves caught up in an epic conspiracy, forced to combat not only the effects of a manmade virus, but also the rising threat of those behind it. When everything collapses, your mission begins.

Total breakdown
We live in a fragile and complex world, a web of interdependent systems we rely on every day. When one fails, others follow, creating a deadly domino effect that can cripple society in days. In Tom Clancy’s The Division™, immerse yourself in a frighteningly chaotic and devastated New York City, where all has failed. As a Division agent, your mission is to restore order, team up with other agents and take back New York.
A new take on the Clancy series
Welcome to an online, open-world RPG experience where exploration and player-progression are essential. Use your skills, weapons and wits in combat. Play in a persistent and dynamic environment that combines the Tom Clancy™ series’ core authenticity and tactical decisions, RPG action, trading and much more.

100% social

Team up with friends in co-op, jump in and jump out at any time and use your combined skills to fight the crisis, investigate the sources of the virus and engage all threats… Even your own citizens. Seamlessly engage in PVP, player-to-player trading, and experience suspenseful scenarios where danger can come from anywhere and anyone.

Only on next-gen

Powered by our new game engine Snowdrop™, tailor-made for next-gen consoles, Tom Clancy’s The Division achieves a whole new level of gameplay quality. Snowdrop takes full advantage of the new consoles with dynamic global illumination, stunning procedural destruction and an insane amount of detail and visual effects.

Gear up & live your own adventure
As part of The Division, harness state-of-the-art technology: both networked and prototyped. Loot fallen foes and craft new, improved gear. Completely customize your go-bag, an agent’s only supplies in the event of collapse, and communicate with the other agents at all times with your smart watch. Customize your agent with thousands of weapon types, skill combinations, gear and much more. The choices you make can help forge a recovery or plunge the city deeper into chaos.

Revolutionary companion gaming

On your smart phone or tablet, join your friends in real-time gameplay with exclusive characters. The app gives you a bird’s eye view of the battlefield, the ability to attack enemies and to place targets for your allies or enhance their capabilities.

Info
Release date TBA

Platforms: Xbox One, PS4

Resources

Official Site

Gameplay Reveal Trailer

Breakdown Trailer

The Division Wiki

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a strong showing from Ubisoft and I'm liking the UI akin to something like Dead Space, that doesn't break your immersion.

In my opinion, The Division has been one of the best games shown at E3 so far. It's definitely a must buy for me. Can't wait to play it.

Apparently that drone you saw in the gameplay was being controlled by a player using an app to help out their friends. I'm loving how the second screen experience is shaping up with games now.

Best game in show IMO.

I hope they enable cross platform play however, but I know the likely hood is slim.

Just can't get into this one. I'm not saying this is good game or bad game or whatever, but I played the beta and it seemed cool and all, but I felt so overwhelmed with stuff I just quit playing haha. I just don't have time to play games for long hours like I used too and this seems like a game you need to dedicate a lot of time too. I just now finished Fallout 4 (Main Quest) haha

With great responsibility comes great sacrifice...heh.

my play time is limited so from the beta it seemed exactly what I want in a game given my situation. Big selling points were the NYC background, the no pressure solo campaign which also has replayable matchmaking w/increased difficulty modes, the option of PVP, and no urgency to try and get the best gear, the highest level, ASAP just so I could keep up with my fellow gamers.

Likely you'd need to dedicate a lot of time to it to truly experience what the game has to offer but I feel it's at whatever pace you set it at.

I'm waiting for target to sell the Gold edition of this for 59.99 like they did for the others Gold edition

If Target published or sent me an email when the Gold Edition would drop in price I'd probably be able to wait it out...otherwise I've been wanting to play more than just the beta for quite some time.

Open beta next week. Can't wait to see the changes they made for the game
They posted a list of changes on their dev blog site. What might be stealth tweaked, who knows.

I'm glad they added a new missions, my guess is the Lincoln tunnel check point since they keep releasing videos about it and I noticed the levels during the walk through the players are about lvl 5...and the addition of unlocking the turret.

Got an email saying the beta for the 18th can be preloaded now (I think if you still have it from the prior beta it'll be the same thing). Good to know since that's a pretty large download.

Got an email saying the beta for the 18th can be preloaded now (I think if you still have it from the prior beta it'll be the same thing). Good to know since that's a pretty large download.
I kept the old download. Started it up yesterday just fine, though I was obviously unable to play anything and just got the message of the beta starting Thursday.

Nothing quite like rolling solo through DZ, sending the signal for the helicopter, and then with about 20 seconds left on the time noticing 2 rogue agents rolling up there. Extraction point was on the roof, so I go down a level and try to hide. Proximity voice chat in this game is so awesome. "I see him, I see him." fuck. So I bolt and head for the fire escape...at which point I hear a third guy on voice chat. "I see him, he's coming down the stairs, I got him."

Was laughing too hard to be pissed. Can't wait for the final game.

DZ was either a ghost town or completely chaotic with rogues and anti rogues.

March 8th can't come fast enough.

Anyone know if you can use your stuff from the beta in the real game

Assuming no, since the beta started you at level 4. I think everything will be reset when it comes out. I think they give you a hat or icon or something for participating in the beta, but that's it.

is there any redbox coupons out there because I want to rent it

No midnight openings for this at Best Buy. #@%*#%@

Not going to change my preorder to GS since I've got 20% off + a $5 cert, but damn. Way to leave me hanging, BB.

Just sleep and pick it up when they open in the AM.  That's my plan.  I'll be at the door by the time they open, should be home within the hour, give it 30 minutes to an hour to install and download update, and I should be saving NYC before noon.  Lol.

I'm super excited for this game.  The only disappointing thing I've read, from people who are already playing it, is the limited faces you can choose for your character.  I was expecting more customization options.  Ah well.

Well, I broke down and preloaded.  Even got lucky enough to get out of closing so I get off 30 minutes early tomorrow.  Hopefully the servers are running fine by then and not having hiccups like the open beta at launch.

Just sleep and pick it up when they open in the AM. That's my plan. I'll be at the door by the time they open, should be home within the hour, give it 30 minutes to an hour to install and download update, and I should be saving NYC before noon. Lol.

I'm super excited for this game. The only disappointing thing I've read, from people who are already playing it, is the limited faces you can choose for your character. I was expecting more customization options. Ah well.
I'm working. But I'll pick it up on the way home and I start work late on Wednesday so I'll get a decent amount of time in on it.

Watched Giant Bomb playing it live earlier for like 20 minutes. Wish I could have gotten a better idea of the overall size/scope of it but it's not like there will be any shortage of information on the game by dinnertime tonight.

...hope the servers hold up 8-[

I'm working. But I'll pick it up on the way home and I start work late on Wednesday so I'll get a decent amount of time in on it.

Watched Giant Bomb playing it live earlier for like 20 minutes. Wish I could have gotten a better idea of the overall size/scope of it but it's not like there will be any shortage of information on the game by dinnertime tonight.

...hope the servers hold up 8-[
Dang, sounds like you didn't get a chance to play the open beta? I participated in the closed alpha, closed beta, and open beta and loved it so much that I have no interest in watching any videos right now. The game exceeded my expectations (except for the aforementioned lack of character faces) that I want the whole experience to be as fresh as possible when I play it myself. Yeah, I hope the servers hold up as well!

Dang, sounds like you didn't get a chance to play the open beta?
Nah I played the hell out of it (both closed and open beta). For the scope thing I just meant getting an idea of the full game size compared to what was available in the beta.

Nah I played the hell out of it (both closed and open beta). For the scope thing I just meant getting an idea of the full game size compared to what was available in the beta.
Gotcha. I really hope they open up a lot more of Manhattan, even if it's in a future expansion. Having lived there before, it would be so nice to be able to roam the whole city in-game. Lol.

Alright...was intrigued by the beta on the PC but knowing that the XB1 install base will be larger, I am going with that.  Not been on the XB1 that much so if anyone would like to add me, I'll be playing when I have the chance.

evilwon8675309

Lol.

I had to uninstall and reinstall. Got error codes...likely due to how the preorder download worked and didn't work. Hopefully it'll be working when I get home from work.

Yeah I'm stuck in the safe house with a lap top that will activate but then nothing. A bunch of lvl 3 players and fish off the streets just doing jumping jacks and idling.

Yeah I'm stuck in the safe house with a lap top that will activate but then nothing. A bunch of lvl 3 players and fish off the streets just doing jumping jacks and idling.
I didn't have any issues like people are seeing today, but then again I only played last night when it unlocked and only up to the safe house. Not much can go wrong in that time.

It's probably only gonna get worse tonight as people get off work and start playing (including me).

Can't be mad though. If I'm ponying up money for an online-heavy game on day 1, I know I get what I'm asking for at this point.

Enough ppl filtered out of the safe house and it finally let me do the first mission...now I'm basically where the beta begins.

Wish there was a few extra facial character customization options because right now I look like Jim Lee but taller. Hahaha.

I went totally different for the medical mission on hard at lvl 5. Riot shield and double barrel shotgun from the season pass. Holy crap...it rocks. Sporting the national guard set which actually says us army on the patch.

It's going to be crazy with outfits, the in game store has alike helicopter and tank commander outfits with helmets'for $4.99. I think unless they come out with sub zero from mortal combat I'll buy it...but since that'll never happen I'm good on outfits.

We ought to get a CAG group together after a few days and dark zone or some missions for heck of it.

Picked it up today and only played for a little bit before I had to go to work, but it worked fine and I enjoyed what I got to play.  Not that important, but what's with the lack of customization?

I play nights and get online between 8p to 1a depending on my work shift the next day:

JDawgg77

renting it to see if I like it. On usually 7pm to 9pm M-Th and Fri/ Sat 7-3am  add me if you want to play sometime will probably end up picking it up. 

The number of lvl 4 players in matchmaking for the Medical mission (Hard), was staggering...1/2 the players acted like broken AI. They stood in cover forever, then ran out and died, crawled to me, got a revive...stood in cover, ran out and died again. repeat.

The other mission that the open Beta had was worse because, the group I was with was under powered but they had a lot of heart so I couldn't abandon them.

I even failed an encounter that didn't allow for reset or anything. I actually don't even know what I was supposed to do because I heard some chatter from one mission and ran into an encounter that had chatter. Next thing I know, I drop a rioter and it said something like "Mercury dropped, encounter failed." Could have been Mercy dropped, whatever.

They definitely seemed to have upped the difficulty which is great.

do you need the beta for anything for the real game or can I delete it

I can't believe I caved and got this. After Destiny consumed my life I told myself I wouldn't get this, especially after being underwhelmed with the Alpha and Beta. Now though my entire freaking friends list has been on playing and I felt left out....

I can't believe I caved and got this. After Destiny consumed my life I told myself I wouldn't get this, especially after being underwhelmed with the Alpha and Beta. Now though my entire freaking friends list has been on playing and I felt left out....
I feel like I am having more fun than in the beta and I have no idea why.

bread's done
Back