Next Gen UK Prices

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
If you factor in minimum wage, you've also got to factor in that the cost of living is higher in the UK - gauging it on the level of disposable income would be a better comparison. That said, ignoring tax (since we can't expect the console manufacturers to offset it), everything seems fairly priced to me - especially since we get a better deal on game prices, they drop so quickly here. 

There’s a lot of news coming out about the prices of next gen but It seems the placeholder prices are gone and the real prices are out

Xbox one

£429.99 ”Day one version"

PS4

£349.99

Games price £55-60

After you take tax and national min wage out of it are we really paying more for our consoles?

I'm gonna wait out the first couple of months, who knows what problems will come up.  I hope xbox are pressured into a price drop by in mid 2014

I'm gonna wait out the first couple of months, who knows what problems will come up. I hope xbox are pressured into a price drop by in mid 2014
pre-ordered mine on amazon uk ;). My launch ps3 is still running strong. Sony always does a good job with hardware. Software is their weak point. Fortunately this can be fixed with updates ;)

Ironically I'm only on my second 360 but my third ps3; I've also found ps3 controllers to wear out quicker. It will interesting to see how much they charge for the controllers and microphones everyone will need

I am currently working part time in retail so I should have my discount card by the launch of these - should knock off £35-40

I'm happy with the price of the PS4 but not so keen on the Xbox One. Any word on the price of the controllers/accessories yet?

For me, there is a "psychological" £400 barrier that I dont want to pay over for any games console. Was the same when PS3 was released that pushed be towards the 360. I know that the Kinect 2 has alot of tech in it but when the price is over £400 its still a harder sell than £350. Waiting for the price drop....

who cares about price, both of these consoles could cost over grand and i would still buy them.

in an ideal world everything would sell for next to nothing but this is not an ideal world and high tech costs.

for instance apple products (although very good) are always well over priced compaired to its competitors but how many poeple do you here moaning about that ,not a single soule .

so if an ipad or iphone cost £400 or £500 and no one complains why compailn at the price of these console when at the end of the day the tech inside them is state of the art.

bread's done
Back