Dragon's Crown Pre-Order - PS3 $45.07/ Vita $37.07 @ Amazon

does anyone know if only the ps3 version gets the artbook?
Both preorder versions (Vita and PS3) get the artbook, so far only Amazon and GS list that as bonuses. I ordered one of each version from Amazon, nice to get a few bucks off at least!

Last edited by a moderator:
As an owner of a PS3 and Vita little upset they are selling this one separately, from the Indy titles it's clear they can make the games work on both platforms, but now with this one I may have to buy it twice.  The graphics tramp in me wants to see it on PS3 hardware on the big TV, but the Vita is still short on solid games so will want this on the go too.  They should do some type of 10 dollar upgrade fee at the least for a downloadable VIta version, but they know people like me are suckers...

As an owner of a PS3 and Vita little upset they are selling this one separately, from the Indy titles it's clear they can make the games work on both platforms, but now with this one I may have to buy it twice. The graphics tramp in me wants to see it on PS3 hardware on the big TV, but the Vita is still short on solid games so will want this on the go too. They should do some type of 10 dollar upgrade fee at the least for a downloadable VIta version, but they know people like me are suckers...
Yeah cross play would have been great, but I also pre ordered both versions of the game. I only did this since I have had the ps3 version when it was 20.00 from along time ago.

Any word or idea on how long this will last? Won't get the money for it till Thursday, hoping I don't miss it.

Any word or idea on how long this will last? Won't get the money for it till Thursday, hoping I don't miss it.
No way to know right now, the prices have been fluctuating very slightly in the 45.xx range for PS3 and 37.xx range for Vita. Interestingly, Walmart had both these games discounted to around these levels as well for a while, but they've gone back to 49.96 for PS3 and 39.96 for Vita.

Also as of right now, only Amazon and GS show the artbook as a preorder bonus; other sites don't list the bonus at all. I was thinking of waiting for a Newegg preorder sale to get $10 off, but since Newegg doesn't show the artbook I decided to just preorder both versions from Amazon.

Freaking sweet! I had this preordered from like a month ago with $10 worth of amazon credit so i was worried.

I just logged in and check it out. I'm getting the game for $35 on launch day. Woo hoo!!

First the PS4 at $400 now this. Everything's coming up thrifty. 

No way to know right now, the prices have been fluctuating very slightly in the 45.xx range for PS3 and 37.xx range for Vita. Interestingly, Walmart had both these games discounted to around these levels as well for a while, but they've gone back to 49.96 for PS3 and 39.96 for Vita.

Also as of right now, only Amazon and GS show the artbook as a preorder bonus; other sites don't list the bonus at all. I was thinking of waiting for a Newegg preorder sale to get $10 off, but since Newegg doesn't show the artbook I decided to just preorder both versions from Amazon.
Hm, alright. Suppose I'll just hope it sticks till then. I'm in the same boat, the main reason I want to pre-order is the artbook, it looks fantastic.

why is every1 so interested in this game?
Classic 2D action/arcade/rpg game, beautiful hand-drawn sprites and environments, similar to classic arcade-style games of past (King of Dragons, Knights of the Round, Princess Crown, Odin Sphere, Shadows of Mystara, etc.).

You don't see these kind of games much anymore, so they're well worth supporting!

As an owner of a PS3 and Vita little upset they are selling this one separately, from the Indy titles it's clear they can make the games work on both platforms, but now with this one I may have to buy it twice. The graphics tramp in me wants to see it on PS3 hardware on the big TV, but the Vita is still short on solid games so will want this on the go too. They should do some type of 10 dollar upgrade fee at the least for a downloadable VIta version, but they know people like me are suckers...
Crossbuy would have definitely been nice but having that isn't the standard it's just an added bonus. It will have a cross save feature which is helpful so you won't have to start from scratch again. I'm still only getting the vita version for now and the ps3 version once the price drops. It's more convenient to play at a friend's place while I'm there on the vita locally instead of him waiting for me to get home so we can do coop together on the ps3. That's just my silly logic :)

I always assumed this was a Downloadable game like PSN/XBLA release
Yeah, I convinced myself the same thing a while back, and was looking forward to paying under $20 one release day. That ain't gonna happen, but, as broke as I am, I've been salavating at footage since I first laid eyes on it, and now that an oddball is being thrown in (artbook), resistance is futile.

Classic 2D action/arcade/rpg game, beautiful hand-drawn sprites and environments, similar to classic arcade-style games of past (King of Dragons, Knights of the Round, Princess Crown, Odin Sphere, Shadows of Mystara, etc.).

You don't see these kind of games much anymore, so they're well worth supporting!
Didn't they updated this genre to God of War/Castlevania LoS and thats why they don't make them any more. Seriously I love Knights of the Round, D&D Shadows of Mystara, Captain Commando and other like it on MAME emulators but really this should be a 20 dollar title at most on PSN and XBLA.

Didn't they updated this genre to God of War/Castlevania LoS and thats why they don't make them any more. Seriously I love Knights of the Round, D&D Shadows of Mystara, Captain Commando and other like it on MAME emulators but really this should be a 20 dollar title at most on PSN and XBLA.
Well a lot of people are very happy that this game is coming out as a retail, boxed release for both PS3 and Vita; there were times when the game really just appeared to be heading for cancellation. And having the artbook as a preorder bonus is just icing on the cake.

You can always wait for a retail or digital price drop, it will most likely happen down the line.

Target has now matched Amazon on the preorder prices for Dragon's Crown:

PS3 - 45.39

Vita - 37.19

However Target does not list the artbook preorder bonus, that is still only explicitly listed at Amazon and GS.

it was originally only 29.99 when Atlus was listed as being the publisher. When the publisher switched to Ignition, the price jumped. Now they switched back to Atlus and decided to keep the price in the 40's. thank goodness for preorder price guarantee.

:

it was originally only 29.99 when Atlus was listed as being the publisher. When the publisher switched to Ignition, the price jumped. Now they switched back to Atlus and decided to keep the price in the 40's. thank goodness for preorder price guarantee.

:
Ignition was the original publisher and Atlus changed the price... please get your facts straight.

It’s still way too early in development to be talking about specifics, but we can say that the game simply cannot retail for $29.99. We don’t know where that price point came from, but it is a logistical impossibility. We’re all gamers and we all wished it could be so, but it would have essentially destroyed any chance for profitability.

Locking in the Vita version for the artbook. Game looks amazing, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it at that price. I'll decide later I suppose. Thanks for your input guys.

just to update you guys regarding the preorder bonus artbook for dragons crown. As bestbuy confirmed they will also be offering it as preorder bonus

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/pre-order-bonus-art-books-offered-by-best-buy/td-p/685465
Unfortunately Best Buy can't seem to get its act together and update their product pages for Dragon's Crown, to show the artbook as a preorder bonus. Both Vita and PS3 product pages make no mention of the artbook as of this post, but GS and Amazon have listed the artbooks for at least a month.

Still torn on using my $10 Amazon pre-order bonus on this.  If they were going to raise the price I wish they would have just kicked it up to $60 and done cross buy.

Still torn on using my $10 Amazon pre-order bonus on this. If they were going to raise the price I wish they would have just kicked it up to $60 and done cross buy.
A) You know the publisher that said that is no longer around and Atlus claims that wouldn't be possible.

B) They don't make it a cross buy because of whatever prevents it from having cross-play. Not like charging $10 dollars more would give the Vita version.

C) Might as well. The artbook will probably go up in value, since Vanillaware is mostly known for their art.

This is eligible for a trade-in promo on Amazon until the end of the month. Trade in any game worth 10USD or more and you get 10USD credit towards a preorder.

bread's done
Back