3DS eShop - Picross e, e2, & e3! - $5.99 each - Picross has finally arrived on the 3DS!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/LIL6Uo6g5kQtstE7Ka_CT-02lDMfMvyA

BmzOV5iSWCkj7H5qgqfK8o9ymWPon5OJ.png

Description

PICROSS is back! It's even easier to play!

This is the series of "picture crossword puzzles" in which you use numbers as hints to complete illustrations that Nintendo has been developing as its own brand of game software since 1995.

Anyone can enjoy it with its simple and easy to understand rules.

With this version's newly implemented Navigation feature, the puzzles can be solved more smoothly than ever.

There are 3 types of puzzle sizes: 5x5, 10x10, and 15x15.

Don't take puzzles lightly because they're small.

There are plenty of challenging puzzles as well.

Complete a puzzle within the time limit and the illustration will be displayed in color.
Just to give you an idea of how long Nintendo of America has held this game from us, this released in Japan on July 27, 2011. The sequel came out on December 28, 2011 and the third game came out on Wednesday, so hopefully, NOA isn't going to sit on them for equally long amounts of time.

Edit (7/25): Great update! Nintendo has released Picross e2 this week and e3 should be out in September, so Nintendo is handling this right with fairly rapid releases after such a long initial delay.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/NgpZ_nxbDjAGJ5RGa9LwPrtCCT5Xoy1L

4kEWrBsrtR570HJWXwJRobx0YhJ0Febp.png

Description

This is the sequel to Picross e with a navigation feature to make gameplay even smoother. Like the previous game, this game has 150 new puzzles, plus an all new gameplay element known as Micross.

Picross is a Picture Crossword Puzzle Game in which you use numbers as hints to complete illustrations. The rules are simple and easy to understand. Anyone can do it!
Edit (10/6): Picross e3 finally got a release this past Thursday to complete the Picross e trilogy on the eShop.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/sKtzhLD76goXF5zCPzQpKt5BnjI7WWAq

Ai8kG_gL-mc4GIF8nkDbmYm4EkF8UL7-.png

Description

The third Picross installment, Picross e3, has arrived!

The new Picross e3 is equipped with a navigation function.

It includes an all-new mode called "Mega Picross" that's a must-see for fans!

"Picross" is a "Picture Crossword Puzzle Game" in which you use numbers as hints to complete illustrations. The rules are simple and easy to understand. Anyone can do it!

Beginners and intermediate players alike will be able to enjoy these 150 all-new puzzles!

The new Picross includes an all-new mode, "Mega Picross," which has "Mega Numbers," numbers which span two rows.

It can be difficult to determine where to fill Mega Numbers, so a different kind of logic from the normal Picross may be necessary.

You can change the rules for each puzzle to your own liking as you play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. The wife and I love this series. We're dying for a new Picross 3D entry too. I'll probably hold off for now in the hopes of a sale since Nintendo does those now (crazy!).

Bought it and played plenty last night. It's good.

Hurts my hand though because the XL is awkward/heavy, but it SUPPORTS the Circle Pad Pro!

Hate the BG music.

What about it?
Now Picross, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish, but Picross 3D is one of the best puzzle games of all time!
Did I say anything about the quality of the other Picross games? I'm confused by your posts now.

This is the only Picross game made for the 3DS that's out right now. That's it. That's all there is to say about it. It's not an offense to every other great Picross game out there, but those aren't 3DS Picross games.

I couldn't wait for any possible sale and picked it up. Thanks for the heads up.

I believe the sentiment he's trying to get across here is...

Picross e is all well and good but give me Picross 3D or GTFO.
I'm not leaving my own thread. If all you want to do is troll, then just leave and let us Picross fans enjoy what we've got.
Frisky, what's going on? How can you not see that we're joking?

Man I'm sorry if it wasn't clear, but I was only paraphrasing Javery. I do think you might be taking Picross a bit too seriously though. :)

I believe the sentiment he's trying to get across here is...

Picross e is all well and good but give me Picross 3D or GTFO.
I'm not leaving my own thread. If all you want to do is troll, then just leave and let us Picross fans enjoy what we've got.
Frisky, what's going on? How can you not see that we're joking?

Man I'm sorry if it wasn't clear, but I was only paraphrasing Javery. I do think you might be taking Picross a bit too seriously though. :)
I was just joking, dude.

This is the only Picross game made for the 3DS that's out right now. That's it. That's all there is to say about it. It's not an offense to every other great Picross game out there, but those aren't 3DS Picross games.
Isn't the Picross GameBoy game on the shop?

Nintendo is fast-tracking the releases of Picross e2 and e3:

Slated for release at the end of July 2013 in the Nintendo eShop, PICROSS e2 offers a player an exciting yet addictive feeling. The puzzles made by cells in a grid must be colored or left blank according to numbers at the side of the grids to reveal a hidden picture.

With this puzzle, everyone can enjoy it with its simple and easy to understand rules. In this puzzle, the numbers are a form of discrete tomography that measures how many unbroken line of filled-in squares there are in any given row or column. For example, a clue of '3 8 3' would mean there are sets of three, eight and three filled squares, in that order, with at least one blank square between successive groups.

'Developed by team of Picross development veterans, PICROSS e2 came back to the Nintendo eShop more addictive than ever', commented by Norichika Meguro, a Director of PICROSS series at Jupiter. 'There are 3 points, I would like to point out. First, there is a Navigator System implemented. For the beginners of PICROSS e2, it will be useful to understand the puzzle. This convenient feature uses blue numbers to show the users the next square to be colored and columns with squares to be marked with an x. This allows the users to narrow down the columns s/he needs to check. For the experts, this system could be turned off from the Option. Second, use of the stylus is smoother than ever. The improved resolution of Nintendo 3DS allows the users without scrolling the puzzles even with 15*15 cells. The usage of the buttons are also allowed. Third, the version contains over 120 puzzles. Some are 5*5, some are 10*10, and some are 15*15. Thus, the size of the puzzle doesn’t represent the difficulty. There are challenging ones even smaller sized puzzles. Complete the puzzles within limited time. When the puzzle has been completed, it will be colored. If the users will use 3D depth slider, the illustrations even have depth. This allows the beginners to experts to have their own fun. This is an addictive puzzle, you must have for this summer'.

PICROSS e2 is set to release July 2013 in North America and Brazil. PICROSS e has already been released in North America and Europe. PICROSS e3 is also set to be released in September 2013 for both North America and Europe. For more information, visit

Awesome. I wonder if they will sell them as a pack or something. It sucks that I think $6 is expensive for a game like this when in reality it will provide hours of entertainment and be worth much more. Stupid smartphones devaluing everything...

I got this and played a bit of it. It seems like the new things I've noticed so far is that you get a medal on the main menu when you've completed a section's set of puzzles and there's a new Micross mode with 80x80 puzzles, which is kind of insane to think about.

Yeah, e2 has the stuff I mentioned. Updated the title so that people know it's out now.

Started up the first, of five, Micross puzzles. They don't actually make you manage an 80x80 grid, as they just turn it into multiple 10x10 grids. That's up to 64 puzzles for each 80x80, I believe. You solve an overall 8x8 puzzle to uncover the rough shape of the illustration and then you can click on each square to open up the micro puzzles to fill in the detail.

The first puzzle I just started has 40 micro puzzles.

Picross e3 is finally out on the eShop for the same $5.99 as the other games. The new bonus mode in e3 is called Mega Picross, which has normal style puzzles with Mega Numbers that add a twist to the puzzles. Those are these new hint numbers that represent lines that can bend across two rows.

bread's done
Back