Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/11/final-fantasy-xiv-upgrade-from-ps3-to-ps4/

So, for those of you who have already been playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS3, only one question remains: “How in the world do I upgrade my PS3 version?!”

And this is what we’ll help with you, right here, right now.

Some general information before that:

• If you’ve played Final Fantasy XIV on PS3, you can upgrade to the PS4 version for free.
  • The upgrade will be available from today until at least the end of the year.
  • Make sure that you’ve logged in on your PS3 version at least once, so it’s correctly registered in our systems.
  • Remember that you will not be able to access the game from your PS3 anymore after the upgrade to PS4 has taken place!
Step 1: Get Your Promotion Code

Important: the upgrade option is currently scheduled to go live at approximately 1:00 AM Pacific on Friday, April 11th.

1. First of all, log into the Mog Station using your Square Enix account, visit the account services page, and select the service account that you want to upgrade.
  2. Once selected, you should already see a banner with the option to upgrade from PS3 to PS4. Click on it.
  3. You’ll now be presented with the details of the upgrade campaign. I know it’s a lot of text, but please read it carefully, as it contains a lot of information about the upgrade process. When you’re done reading, confirm that you agree to the terms and click “Next.”
  4. On this page you’ll be asked to confirm your upgrade. If you have multiple service accounts, please make absolutely sure that you’ve selected the correct service account you want to upgrade.
  5. If all is in order, click on “Upgrade.”
And you’re done! You’ll now be displayed with a summary and your promotion code to download the game from PlayStation Store.

Step 2: Redeem Your Promotion Code

Please note: if you’ve participated in the second PS4 beta, this step is optional, as you already have the game client installed on your system and only need to update it. You still need to go through step 1, though!

1. Boot up your PS4, log in to your PlayStation account, and go to PlayStation Store. Make absolutely sure that you have the correct PlayStation profile active before you enter the store! Promotion Codes can only be used a single time, so using it on the wrong account would leave you stranded.
  2. Select “Redeem Codes” from the option menu displayed at the bottom left of the screen and enter the promotion code.
  3. When you’ve done so and confirmed the regulations, you can start the download.
  4. If something goes wrong with the download, you can try to restart it using the “Library” option in the PlayStation Store menu.
And that’s it! You’ll be ready to go in no time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k6QHeAmY58

PlayStation 3 Release and CE Details

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/11/journey-into-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-in-2013/

PlayStation 3 gamers have been waiting a long time for their chance to set foot in the realm of Eorzea. The wait is almost over — Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will come to PlayStation 3 on August 27th, 2013!

We’re also announcing our pre-order details and Collector’s Edition content! We’ve created a host of exciting goodies for would-be adventurers; let’s run down what you’ll get when you pre-order the game.

Gamers who pre-order will earn early access to the game before the launch of the official service, and some exciting in-game goodies. Step foot into Eorzea in style with a Mog Cap, fashioned after the famed Final Fantasy moogles, and summon your own Cait Sith Doll minion to follow you around on your adventure!

The collectors among you won’t want to miss the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector’s Edition!

What’ve we got in there…?

- Helm of Light – Look like one of the fabled Warriors of Light when you equip this exclusive helmet
- Baby Behemoth Minion – Summon this cute, but ferocious miniature version of Behemoth and watch him roar with excitement as you adventure through Eorzea
- Coeurl Mount – Only the bravest of warriors are able to tame and ride the mighty coeurl. Show off your prowess with this exclusive mount
- Behemoth Barding – Customize your Chocobo with the fearsome Behemoth Chocobo Armor and charge into battle
  • A gorgeous box featuring artwork by famed FINAL FANTASY illustrator Yoshitaka Amano
  • The Art of Eorzea: – A Realm Reimagined – A hardbound art book, featuring concept art and more from Art Director Akihiko Yoshida and his team of talented artists
  • The Waning of the Sixth Sun – A Blu-Ray disc that features a cinematic look at the events that led up to the realm being reborn
  • The Sounds of Eorzea – a collection of music from FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn by Sound Director Masayoshi Soken
  • Five beautiful art cards created by the amazing CG artists at Square Enix Visual Works
  • A FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn branded security token to secure your account
  • Four In-game Bonus Items:
  • And of course, the game itself!
Visit your preferred retailer today and pre-order the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector’s Edition for $79.99, or grab the standard edition for $39.99. Simply pre-order either edition to get the goodies I mentioned earlier!

PS4 Release and Collector's Edition Details

Since Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, the second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, was released on PC and PS3 , more than 1.5 million accounts have been registered, and filled more than 60 worlds with a living, breathing community. And since then, PS4 has been released, and millions of you have welcomed the new console into your homes. But admit it — you felt that something was missing, didn’t you?

Final Fantasy and PlayStation have been a dream team since the early days, and good friendships never die. So we’re happy to announce that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will begin beta on February 22nd, and then launch on April 14th.

But that’s not all. What would Final Fantasy be without a sumptuous Collector’s Edition? If you want to know more, read on!

You will defend the realm of Eorzea against a smorgasbord of enemies — no, I’m not even kidding, you should be happy if something doesn’t constantly try to snap you in half or just save itself the trouble and swallow you whole to begin with. In a world like this, an adventurer needs any help he can find.

And instead of the standard version, which gets you the game and 30 days of game time, there’s also a unique Collector’s Edition, which will look great in your collection. It features art, music and movies you can proudly show off to your friends, but also offers you the support every professional adventurer needs in the form of in-game items!

The Collector’s Edition contains these physical items:

• Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn exclusive box
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn artbook — The Art of Eorzea: A Realm Reimagined
  • Final Fantasy XIV Seventh Umbral Era movie disc — The Waning of the Sixth Sun
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn soundtrack — The Sounds of Eorzea
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn art card set
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn themed security token
As well as some sweet, sweet in-game items:

• Fat Chocobo Mount
  • Coeurl Mount
  • Behemoth Barding for your Chocobo Mount
  • Wind-Up Moogle Minion
  • Baby Behemoth Minion
  • Helm of Light (increases your earned experience by 20% until level 10!)
My personal favourite? The Fat Chocobo Mount! Ample, soft space to sit on, huggable, and even when you’re trapped in an icy chasm, you can be sure that he’ll find his way to your next meal — even if he has to peck himself through 50 yalms of pure ice, dangit! The true survivalist’s choice.

So, what are you waiting for? The pre-orders start now. And if you’re still not convinced, keep your eyes peeled on this space — we’ve got more to share, soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the beta forums, it looks like Phase 3 of the beta process for them is broken up into four parts with this being part 1. This test is mainly being done to make sure that the PS3 build is stable before going on to bigger things.

The testing schedule is detailed below.

• Dates and Times
      June 14, 2013 (Friday), 2:00 a.m. to June 16, 2013 (Sunday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
    June 14, 2013 (Friday), 9:00 a.m. to June 16, 2013 (Sunday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT) 

Though I haven't done much of anything but run around, complete a few quests, and fight a little bit. I'm liking it a lot so far.

The main issue I'm having right now is just the minimap not being as clear as I'd like on where to go. When you're in the right area, it shows the quest icon around the edge to sort of show you where to go, but if it's not, you have to bring up the big map to see what exit/transition point you need to head towards. They do have these fast travel points all around the map that you have to activate, so I'm sure that once I play more and explore the city I'm in, Ul'dah, I'll be able to get around more quickly than I can two hours in.

I play the beta for about an hour and a half this evening and I really enjoyed it. I however am not willing to pay a monthly fee for it. I would have preordered and bought it if I only had to only purchase the game itself to continue to enjoy it. They should have a free to play option after purchasing the game.

After having some issues with my internet this weekend, I finally finished downloading the game today so I will be ready to try out the beta this weekend.  I played FFXI for several years and I played FFXIV for a couple months before they took the servers down.  Currently I am playing the Old Republic which in my opinion is a pretty underrated game.  When the beta starts again I will create a character on Cactaur unless if there is another server with more CAGs on it.

There's no guarantee that it'll be up this friday, but I'm hoping so, as well.  I really hope I like this, I played XI back in the day (early game), and even though I played it for 3 or so years, looking back on it now, I realize that I hated it, but just ignored that I hated it.  You worked for 7-8 hours to get one f'ing level (and that was at level 55, it was a hundred times worse at lvl 70 and up), and if you died you ended up losing hours worth the experience. (yes, you had raise and the higher level spells, but how often did you actually party with an actual white mage that had raise II and III, and not someone who was just sub whm) It was better when I came back a year or so ago, but it had lost the soul that made the game what it was.  I really hope this game gives me something more like what I want.

There's no guarantee that it'll be up this friday, but I'm hoping so, as well. I really hope I like this, I played XI back in the day (early game), and even though I played it for 3 or so years, looking back on it now, I realize that I hated it, but just ignored that I hated it. You worked for 7-8 hours to get one f'ing level (and that was at level 55, it was a hundred times worse at lvl 70 and up), and if you died you ended up losing hours worth the experience. (yes, you had raise and the higher level spells, but how often did you actually party with an actual white mage that had raise II and III, and not someone who was just sub whm) It was better when I came back a year or so ago, but it had lost the soul that made the game what it was. I really hope this game gives me something more like what I want.
I remember the old days of FFXI when getting to Chain 5 was a big deal in a party. I played White Mage and Bard primarily before Aht Uhrgan. Of course both of those jobs made me hate playing the game doing end game events and what not. When I started playing Beastmaster I fell back in love with the game. Being able to log in and solo wherever I wanted, not having to wait to find 5 other people to form a party with only to have one of them get wife/girlfriend/mother aggro and have to log off right away. Two of my favorite jobs in FFXI was Beastmaster and Puppetmaster and I hope FFXIV eventually gets a job like one of those.

Next Beta Phase

June 21, 2013 (Friday), 2:00 a.m. to June 23, 2013 (Sunday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
June 21, 2013 (Friday), 9:00 a.m. to June 23, 2013 (Sunday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/49299-Beta-Test-Phase-3-Schedule-%2806-18-2013%29

Bumping this up since the beta's live now. I haven't checked it out yet, but I'll probably do so tomorrow. I believe this phase brings back characters that PC people made before Phase 3 began, so any PS3 people that made characters last weekend will have to start over again. 

I was playing this last night on the PS3 on the Cactaur server and I am really digging the game.  My in-game name is Vila Fyre.

Anyone heard any rumors about the next beta?

I played in both previous ones.

Wish August would come sooner, have three preorders that month.

Anyone interested add my PSN ID(sig) I'd love to get a sort of CAG Guild going =D

I have a question to anyone who preordered at GameStop in store, did any of you receive a preorder code on your receipt for early acess etc?

Early access means what it says. Servers go live before the game launches and you can get a jump start on the game before the people who didn't preorder.

I pre-ordered from Gamestop/EBGames(Canadian)  I was given no pre-order code, even have the Collectors Ed. ordered.... =/

They really need to work on the navigation system. It's really hard  to get around. I kinda hope they make some kind of app for tablets or something that you can use as a second screen for the map. (On second thought, this game would probably work better on the Wii U)

Im assuming you mean the Athernet Shard porting...ya that really needs some work it feels really outdated when you're presented a List of places you have access to instead of a Map with legend icons.

Half the time I spent porting to the wrong place because I only had names on a list, and these names dont really show up on the main map.

You don't. MMOs don't rely on the disc for the content, as it's usually just an installer that lets you update and download all of the game's files off of the servers.

Reason why the standard edition is 39.99 and CE is 79.99

=D But think the PS3 version is just a redeemable code that you can use to get the Installer, like Frisky said, and from there its like the digital version of The Last Of Us. PSN gives you a small 100mb-200mb(or smaller)sized Installer, you run it off XMB and it initiates another screen where you download the real size of the game, in TLOU's case 26GB game.

Im glad, digital versions are the future Disc are good too but, Im a bit lazy when it comes to having to pop in different discs every time I choose to change games...which for me is frequent .

Reason why the standard edition is 39.99 and CE is 79.99
=D But think the PS3 version is just a redeemable code that you can use to get the Installer, like Frisky said, and from there its like the digital version of The Last Of Us. PSN gives you a small 100mb-200mb(or smaller)sized Installer, you run it off XMB and it initiates another screen where you download the real size of the game, in TLOU's case 26GB game.

Im glad, digital versions are the future Disc are good too but, Im a bit lazy when it comes to having to pop in different discs every time I choose to change games...which for me is frequent .
I agree, but I like discs for collecting purposes.

I'm torn about FFXIV.  I have really enjoyed the beta so far but the final game is coming out at a horrible time for me.  Its going to be releasing right in the middle of several games I am looking forward to and right before the launch of the PS4.  I can't decide if I want to add this to my plate or not.

I'm torn about FFXIV. I have really enjoyed the beta so far but the final game is coming out at a horrible time for me. Its going to be releasing right in the middle of several games I am looking forward to and right before the launch of the PS4. I can't decide if I want to add this to my plate or not.
I am hoping that FFIV quells my thirst for games and hopefully detracts any more money spent, beside subscription fees, until at least the PS4 is released. All other games that come to the PS3 will hopefully be dirt cheap by the time I would want to play them.

I'm torn about FFXIV. I have really enjoyed the beta so far but the final game is coming out at a horrible time for me. Its going to be releasing right in the middle of several games I am looking forward to and right before the launch of the PS4. I can't decide if I want to add this to my plate or not.
It's coming out for the PS4, so you could always hold off for the PS4 version in 2014.

It's coming out for the PS4, so you could always hold off for the PS4 version in 2014.
I have actually been thinking of waiting to pick it up until then but then I would be "behind" a lot of people. I probably will go ahead and get it if it looks like there will be a decent population from CAG on there.

been debating it as well. would rather PS4 honestly wish they gave you it for free on PS4 if you bought it for PS3
Im really debating changing my preorder for the PC version versus the PS3, so that when the PS4 version comes out I can get and not really feel like Im wasting money on the same game twice.... plus the PC version just looks and feels so much better than the PS3.

Anyone know if there are any differences between the PS3 Collectors Edition and the PC CE ?

Im really debating changing my preorder for the PC version versus the PS3, so that when the PS4 version comes out I can get and not really feel like Im wasting money on the same game twice.... plus the PC version just looks and feels so much better than the PS3.

Anyone know if there are any differences between the PS3 Collectors Edition and the PC CE ?
At this point, the difference is availability. I'm in the same boat as you, wanting to switch my pre-order to a PC CE, but the Square-Enix store (the only place you can get it) is out of stock. At this point I'm considering just getting both versions, since I do want the CE stuff.

I played both the PS3 and PC versions in the beta. Graphically speaking at least, it's unsurprisingly a huge difference.

At this point, the difference is availability. I'm in the same boat as you, wanting to switch my pre-order to a PC CE, but the Square-Enix store (the only place you can get it) is out of stock. At this point I'm considering just getting both versions, since I do want the CE stuff.

I played both the PS3 and PC versions in the beta. Graphically speaking at least, it's unsurprisingly a huge difference.
Damn, I swear I had seen Amazon listed the CE for PC. Looking for it now only brings up the PS3 version. Oh well... At least you won't have to worry about their shitty 3rd party shipping service.

That really sucks. I also played both PS3 and PC and Just felt it looked like they cut a lot of corners to Low Res the game up for PS3, not saying PS3 hardware is weak, but this is an MMO so I'd assume they cut back on a lot of things in order to increase Framerates for PS3 users when the game is loading up giant groups of people in different armor sets. Just my take on it.

And thanks for clearing up the differences.

We should pick one and all join it so anyone on CAG who gets the game can meet up. I've been playing in the beta with some other CAGs on Cactuar.

We should pick one and all join it so anyone on CAG who gets the game can meet up. I've been playing in the beta with some other CAGs on Cactuar.
I was all set to reply "hey, me too!" and then I realized I was one of the CAGs you were talking about. ;)

^ since I didn't get into BETA, this is making me more excited to actually get my hands on this! And from that video I can see the PS3 shots were struggling with frame rate, but the actual visuals didn't look too distinct. Not as bad as people making it out to be at least.

The frame rate is not awful on PS3. Not as good as PC to be sure, but completely playable and much better than some of the early videos (like part 1 of the tour series) showed.

I was all set to reply "hey, me too!" and then I realized I was one of the CAGs you were talking about. ;)

I was playing this last night on the PS3 on the Cactaur server and I am really digging the game. My in-game name is Vila Fyre.
Cool, I'll start on the Cactaur server then. Found my beta invite in the spam folder, so I want to check the game out now.

I'll be trying out the PC version tomorrow assuming they'll let me. I have it for PS3 and they let me log-in and download it for PC, so I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

^ since I didn't get into BETA, this is making me more excited to actually get my hands on this! And from that video I can see the PS3 shots were struggling with frame rate, but the actual visuals didn't look too distinct. Not as bad as people making it out to be at least.
I was able to snag a beta key for both, so I've tried it out on both PS3 and PC. The graphical difference has certainly not been overstated in the least, but that really shouldn't come as a surprise. My rig is 3 years old and it still easily outpaces the PS3 graphically. That said, I really didn't notice any major framerate issues in my time on the PS3. The game ran fine from what I saw, though I didn't put in nearly as much time as on the PC.

For those on the fence between the two versions, I think it's a no-brainer for the PC. You don't need a top-of-the-line setup in order to whollop the PS3 in the graphics department. If visuals aren't as important, I guess it would come down to interface preference.

I'll be very intrigued to start seeing footage of the game running on PS4.

bread's done
Back