360 Earth Defense Force 2025 Pre-order at Amazon $42.80

Awesome, love this series and been looking forward to this one. Always nice to save a few bucks, thanks for posting this!

Ever-so-slightly off topic, but Gamestop just dropped Insect Armageddon to 15 used and I'm wondering if that's a good price to pick one up for me and my friend to co-op with?  I've never played the series before but it looks like fun.  If someone has the time, could you give me a quick-sell on the game?  Thanks a ton and thanks for the OP for bringing this deal to my attention.

This just a remake/re-release of 2017 with online correct? $50 seems pretty steep for something like that... but I did love 2017 and now I don't have a Xbox 360 or a Vita to play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This just a remake/re-release of 2017 with online correct? $50 seems pretty steep for something like that... but I did love 2017 and now I don't have a Xbox 360 or a Vita to play it.
No, 2025 is the next game in the series. Sandlot developed this one, taking place 8 years after the events of 2017. Current release date in Japan is Mid-July with Feb 2014 for US(atm)

EDF IA dropped in price so insanely quick, I can't imagine why even the biggest fans of the series would bother ordering this.

EDF IA dropped in price so insanely quick, I can't imagine why even the biggest fans of the series would bother ordering this.
IA was done by another studio and frankly, even as a EDF fan, was a hard sell even at $15 or $20.

Edf IA was more of a chore to play through. The different classes were cool but leveling each class was a pain. I'd rather have two classes like edf on vita and have tons more weapons. More weapons = better EDF.

Insect Armageddon just didn't play right. The weapons didn't have any "oomph" to them and it generally just didn't seem to be as chaotic as the original (at least not until the very last level). With Sandlot back in the saddle for this one, I'm much more optimistic, though I wouldn't mind if the Vita port of 2017 made its way to PSN in the meantime.

Ever-so-slightly off topic, but Gamestop just dropped Insect Armageddon to 15 used and I'm wondering if that's a good price to pick one up for me and my friend to co-op with? I've never played the series before but it looks like fun. If someone has the time, could you give me a quick-sell on the game? Thanks a ton and thanks for the OP for bringing this deal to my attention.
You'd probably be better off watching gameplay videos on youtube than having one of us explain it to you. If you have a 360, I strongly suggest seeking out EDF 2017 if you can over Insect Armageddon.

This is awesome, I didn't even know there was going to be another EDF game to be released. 

Insect Armageddon was good, not game of the year good though.  I found it more of a chore to play.  I guess I should have put it on the easiest difficulty setting like I did with 2017.  I did like the variety of solider types, especially the heavy mech. It really felt like it was a heavy mech.

I enjoyed 2017 on the 360 that I finished it on the easiest setting.  The only thing I didn't like about 2017 was after I beat the last level.  I felt no need to continue playing.

Might get this 2025 on day one like I did with Insect Armageddon.  Eventually going to get the Vita version of 2017 since I traded in my 360 copy.

Heh. Too bad it's apparently not out here until 2014. Hell, I'm thinking about importing a jap console to play it.

EDF IA was just middling. It didn't play as well as EDF 2017. Just wasn't as simple fun. You couldn't goof around with crazy weapons like ultra C4. Mission variety was weak as hell. It just didn't deliver.

2025 looks like the same stuff as 2017 almost to the letter except for the much needed jetpack which handles the z-axis play 2017 so desperately needed.

Problem is though that it looks like 2025 is 2017 almost to a tee. You see that spider webs are still bullcrap insta-hit/kill on harder difficulties. It looks like you're still farming that ever increasing life bar 1hp at a time to survive harder challenges. 2017 was like a Koei game in that you grinded up for better gear to survive Normal on Easy, grind Normal to be ready for Hard, grind Hard for Insane etc. And for all that, I think they're asking a little much. I think 2017 was more fun in general than Serious Sam but Serious Sam will give you something that tests your skills rather than your grind quotient.

Plus, 2025 WILL drop from this too high price so no need to preorder right yet.

Why are these so expensive? I thought the original one came out for like 30 bucks?
It's like a cult game. EDF series doesn't have good graphic or sound, but it's very addictive in gameplay. I got EDF 2017 when it first came out and then few years later used game price goes up really high.

We're not sure if D3 will release physical copy or not for EDF2025, as they cancelled EDF2017 physical version for Vita.

I always love Japanese version of game so I go ahead and pre-order it from play-asia, even with higher price. I want to be sure it's "physical" not "digital" :D

I loved 2017 and hated IA.  Trying to play IA online on the PS3 was nearly impossible since it dropped every 5 minutes.  

Looking forward to seeing if this new game can bring the series back to its glory.  

1369563593714.png

Don't worry Kent, we got this.

I loved 2017 and hated IA. Trying to play IA online on the PS3 was nearly impossible since it dropped every 5 minutes.

Looking forward to seeing if this new game can bring the series back to its glory.
Best part about EDF IA, they ported it to PCs. I hope they end up doing this one too.
The Japanese developer Sandlot made EDF, EDF2, and EDF2017, then the publisher farmed out IA to some American dev. Sandlot is back for this game. The good side of that is that EDF2025 will likely be much better than IA, but the bad side is that a PC port is very unlikely.

Not sure if it was ever patched but my time with the PS3 import version was soured by a horrid (even by EDF standards) framerate.  The 360 version was much better.

Bumping this thread because it comes out on Tuesday. 

Amazon still has the 360 one for $43.99

PS3 is $47.99

Also: Pre-order Bonus added too. 

Pre-order and Get the Amazon Exclusive "Ranger" Weapon Pack
Pre-order Earth Defense Force 2025 and receive the Amazon exclusive "Ranger" 2-weapon DLC pack, which includes the Volatile Napalm Discharge Device, and the Pure Decoy Launcher

Pumped to play this. 

No problem, looking forward to blasting bugs.  :twoguns:  :twoguns:  :whee:

Best Buy is looking like they won't have any bonuses and GS is still full price but has a bonus which looks similar to Amazon's. 

GameStop Exclusive Air Raider Weapon DLC Packs include:

BM03 Vegalta Gold

A gold coated model of the BMO3 Vegalta with a combat burner to throw flames. Players will also be able to take flight for short periods of time when equipped. 

Pure Decoy Launcher [Setsu]

A weapon that distracts the enemy by discharging a large balloon that takes the shape of an attractive female and acts as a decoy, used to lure enemies into an area for a pending air raid for a limited time. 

bread's done
Back