- - - - -

Final Fantasy VII 7 PC download $6 50% off until 6/16

final fantasy 7 final fantasy vii squaresoft final fantasy

#31 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3393 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

Just what I've always wanted in FFVII: online features and blurry, dithered "high-res" graphics.

Is the music still general MIDI?

Think I'll stick to my PSN version on my Vita.

That said, I would buy it on Steam......  And probably never play it.  Because I have a serious digital hoarding problem.

#32 Jack_Frost   Banned Banned   1192 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Jack_Frost

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

I did and maybe it's cause im not a pc gamer that I dont understand. I bought the game just now, why would I want to download after 30 days? Do all pc games require you to download everytime you play it or something?

So uh yea, PC gamers remove games quite often when they are running low on space or just feel like cleaning up the PC or have finished the game. Not to mention if you get a new PC etc...

You may say just back the game up on an external HDD, but why should you have to if you paid money for it? One of the reasons Steam is so popular. You buy the game, its added to your library and can be downloaded any time you want to reinstall it.

Putting a 30 day limit on downloading it is actually kind of BS. I had actually thought of purchasing this awhile ago because it is taking so long to get a Steam release. This is just the nail in the coffin though. Won't be buying this from Square's site...

Ok I understand now, thanks for answering. Totally went over my head about filling HDD and/or getting a new pc 

#33 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   3703 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Unreal Gold
PC

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

It shouldn't be too long before these games are available on Steam as people have spotted the market code already.

That was quite some time ago, though. Square Enix could continue to not release it on Steam for ages.

Haven't bought this particular release myself and never will; the issues/restrictions it has sound atrocious, and I already have an original hard copy of FFVII PC, anyway.
sig.gif
2015 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#34 Jack_Frost   Banned Banned   1192 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Jack_Frost

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

These achievements are childs play >_>

#35 Flowette   Level 82 Tea Drinking Royalty CAGiversary!   1598 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Did they fix all of the issues that people were having with the DRM, getting saves to sync to the cloud, and whatever else there was at launch?

There's a Cloud joke here, somewhere.
I was going to buy but it seems like a lot of Strife just for one game.

#36 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3393 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

Did they fix all of the issues that people were having with the DRM, getting saves to sync to the cloud, and whatever else there was at launch?

lolol  That was a good one!

#37 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1719 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3DS

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

I can't get xbox achievements on this why would I waste $6 on it.

It makes me sad some people will put virtual accomplishments over gameplay.  :cry:

komentra.png

komentra.png

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)
PROOF: 
http://screencast.com/t/aBsudgNLaVL

#38 iamsmart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1011 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

Just give them some time to fix their mistakes. After all, to Aeris human.

No? Screw it, I tried.

#39 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3393 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

Just give them some time to fix their mistakes. After all, to Aeris human.

No? Screw it, I tried.

No, that was good too!!

Sometimes you just gotta grin and BARRET HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YES I DID ONE

#40 Flowette   Level 82 Tea Drinking Royalty CAGiversary!   1598 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Well it Turksome time but we finally have a nice pun thread going.

#41 strangelove   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   180 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

strangelove

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

I just made Mako in my pants.  I dont understand wordplay

Not only am I a cheapass gamer, I am a cheap ass all-star.

#42 keithp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5521 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Well it Turksome time but we finally have a nice pun thread going.

You Red my mind.

#43 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3393 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

TIFA HAS BIG BOOBS

Oops, sorry.

#44 Jack_Frost   Banned Banned   1192 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Jack_Frost

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

I dont want to be RUDE but some of these puns are RENOwned already

#45 Darker   Inquisitor CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

Waiting for this to hit Steam :(

We can dream...

#46 Flowette   Level 82 Tea Drinking Royalty CAGiversary!   1598 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

I dont want to be RUDE but some of these puns are RENOwned already

I guess we need some new materia...l.

#47 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1719 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3DS

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Waiting for this to hit Steam :(

We can dream...

Dream? VII & VIII have been announced for steam.

komentra.png

komentra.png

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)
PROOF: 

#48 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3393 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

I could be wrong, but I don't think either have been announced.  People just found them in the Steam registry ages and ages ago, and nothing has happened since.

#49 Darker   Inquisitor CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

I could be wrong, but I don't think either have been announced.  People just found them in the Steam registry ages and ages ago, and nothing has happened since.

Yep, it was only found in the registry and that was a long time ago. It was never officially announced for Steam. Same thing happened with Halo and a bunch of other games.

#50 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1719 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3DS

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

Oh I thought it was announced. Maybe I will buy this after all.

Not that it really matters all that much but how do the achievements work? I read that they're not in-game, what does that even mean? 

Also does it have controller support? I'd like to use a bluetooth PS3 controller.

komentra.png

komentra.png

PROOF: 

#51 robpe36   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

For anyone wanting more proof of a Steam version coming, there is a EULA for Final Fantasy 7 on Steam:

http://store.steampo...eula/39140_eula

#52 Darker   Inquisitor CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

Find me Half Life 3! Prove it's existence!

#53 Yanksfan   Cubs Fan Too :( CAGiversary!   5376 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

This thread is much better than the craptastic version of this game. Crippling DRM and terrible customer support equals no purchase.

MattNY.png

#54 Layd Dly   LEGEND..wait for it..DARY CAGiversary!   2204 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

Oh I thought it was announced. Maybe I will buy this after all.

Not that it really matters all that much but how do the achievements work? I read that they're not in-game, what does that even mean? 

Also does it have controller support? I'd like to use a bluetooth PS3 controller.

It does but it is implemented as poorly as the DRM is.  I bought this a long time ago for like $5.  Make sure you save all your order info and product key, because you can not look it up or ever find it again online since SqEnix Online is broke as Fuck too.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#55 Jawabreaker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Jawabreaker

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Final Fantasy 77? Are they really up that high now-a-days? Geez, a guy stops playing the series after 13 and suddenly, 64 more titles come out...

#56 ChuckVsWorld   Childish CAGbino CAGiversary!   1003 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

ChuckVsWorld

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Final Fantasy 77? Are they really up that high now-a-days? Geez, a guy stops playing the series after 13 and suddenly, 64 more titles come out...

They kinda lose steam after Final Fantasy 56. Final Fantasy 37 arguably has the best battle system.

(Insert Clever Signature Here At Some Point)

#57 iamsmart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1011 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

You're mispronouncing it. It's "Final Fantasy 7-Seven"... another one of SE's kooky naming schemes like "365 Days/2"

#58 Flowette   Level 82 Tea Drinking Royalty CAGiversary!   1598 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

You're mispronouncing it. It's "Final Fantasy 7-Seven"... another one of SE's kooky naming schemes like "365 Days/2"
I was always a fan of the series until they blatantly ripped off Recettear's item shop simulator in Final Fantasy VII-11.

#59 Blade   Xenaphobic, Warrior Princess CAGiversary!   8520 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

You're mispronouncing it. It's "Final Fantasy 7-Seven"... another one of SE's kooky naming schemes like "365 Days/2"
I was always a fan of the series until they blatantly ripped off Recettear's item shop simulator in Final Fantasy VII-11.

HA!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: final fantasy 7, final fantasy vii, squaresoft, final fantasy