Gamevision Plug and Play 50-in-1

So, is it in fact any good? That is, is even one of those games something you'd like to play for more than 10 minutes?

I am no way am crapping on the OP post, in a way I am but nonetheless.

http://www.mame.net/

The cost is free

FREE

great games at MAME. Now to redeem myself, if you need something for the kids and do not want them banging on you keyboard, that 50-1 is a very good idea.

Yes... but if you haven't paid for a license to use the games, you're commiting copyright infrigement (known as "theft" by people unable to tell different things apart). So the emulator is free, but the games are not.

I did a little work on this last time they had it on sale. The roms are legal... these are all from a system that I believe Mattell had in the early 80's... and they are all just horrid. Pick up one of the JAKKS (sp?) controllers or something else. Pass on this thing.

[quote name='KowHunta']and I'm sure they purchased all the rights to those games...99% of the ones I see are illegal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KowHunta']and I'm sure they purchased all the rights to those games...99% of the ones I see are illegal.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the list of games on that unit?

"Aero Engine, Bingo Zap, Birdie Nest, Bolt Fighter, Build Up Road, Bump Car, Catch the Egg, Challenge 100, Dart Champion, Dragon Fire, Dragon Poker, Dump Lorry Race, Elfland, Excel Racing, Fire Fighter, Fish Catcher, Gear Race, Golden Arrow, GP Race, Grass Cutter, Insect Chase, Jewel Master, Jumping Ball, Last Cabra, Loop Tennis, Motor Rally, Move Fun, Ocean Quest, Paint Master, Pet Shop, Pinball Track, Push the Ball, Push the Box, Racing Boat, Road Bumper, Runner Car, Sea War, Slot Machine, Smart Escape, Space Castle, Speedy Way-X, Spin Ball, Star Ally, Super Surfing, Truck Race, Ultra Doggy, Valiant Rescue, Video Poker, Wison and Zero Tiger"

Recognize any of these?

[quote name='eldad9']Have you seen the list of games on that unit?

"Aero Engine, Bingo Zap, Birdie Nest, Bolt Fighter, Build Up Road, Bump Car, Catch the Egg, Challenge 100, Dart Champion, Dragon Fire, Dragon Poker, Dump Lorry Race, Elfland, Excel Racing, Fire Fighter, Fish Catcher, Gear Race, Golden Arrow, GP Race, Grass Cutter, Insect Chase, Jewel Master, Jumping Ball, Last Cabra, Loop Tennis, Motor Rally, Move Fun, Ocean Quest, Paint Master, Pet Shop, Pinball Track, Push the Ball, Push the Box, Racing Boat, Road Bumper, Runner Car, Sea War, Slot Machine, Smart Escape, Space Castle, Speedy Way-X, Spin Ball, Star Ally, Super Surfing, Truck Race, Ultra Doggy, Valiant Rescue, Video Poker, Wison and Zero Tiger"

Recognize any of these?[/QUOTE]

Heck, I don't know about you, but "Dump Lorry Race" sounds like LOADS of fun....also, I believe that Golden Arrow is the sequel to Silver Arrow...Also, "Grass Cutter" was put in there for all of us that grew up in the '70s....and Im Married so Push the Ball and Push the Box come into play.

[quote name='Gigamaster89']errr but people, if the 15 bucks off were to work, i think its a great deal for 5...[/QUOTE]
Title of the first customer review at the website: "Dont Pay even 5 bucks.."

I bet you the games on that thing are just knock offs of popular games.

tetris, pong, boxing etc

the legal ones that are good you have to surf the net and find some I have a friend with a disc that has almost all games from stand up units and nes and stuff. like all street fighters and megamans, the punisher. etc

anyone ever try one of those things (i saw them at the mall on a cart run by indian dudes) that looked like a N64 controller, plugged directly into the tv, and had like 50 original NES games on it? Were those things legit? Were they the entire game? I might try to look for one of those now.

[quote name='accameron']anyone ever try one of those things (i saw them at the mall on a cart run by indian dudes) that looked like a N64 controller, plugged directly into the tv, and had like 50 original NES games on it? Were those things legit? Were they the entire game? I might try to look for one of those now.[/QUOTE]

You'll be looking for a while. Nintendo found out, and piracy is one of those things that really gets to them.

[quote name='accameron']anyone ever try one of those things (i saw them at the mall on a cart run by indian dudes) that looked like a N64 controller, plugged directly into the tv, and had like 50 original NES games on it? Were those things legit? Were they the entire game? I might try to look for one of those now.[/QUOTE]

I've played around with one before, and I liked it. I dunno how legit they are, but if I go out and buy an old NES game from a use game store, it's not like Nintendo is seeing that money anyways.

[quote name='eldad9']Yes... but if you haven't paid for a license to use the games, you're commiting copyright infrigement (known as "theft" by people unable to tell different things apart). So the emulator is free, but the games are not.[/QUOTE]
not all those games require you to purchase them.. some of them are public domain.

bread's done
Back