CAGiversary!
Feedback
214 (99%)
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/611/611683p1.html

sly-3-honor-among-thieves-20050510025810112-000.jpg

sly-3-honor-among-thieves-20050510025521460-000.jpg

sly-3-honor-among-thieves-20050510025519413.jpg

repost? idk, sly wont return any matches when i search :bomb:

Because if 2 hours of watching a movie with those crappy glasses isn't enough to give you a headache..

I love the Sly games. This seems like a pretty bad gimmick, though. I really hope they do it right.

this could be good, well see how they do it, and 3D movies did take off, it was just likely before your time, theyve since died

[quote name='iheartmetal']this could be good, well see how they do it, and 3D movies did take off, it was just likely before your time, theyve since died[/QUOTE]

And there's a reason they're dead.

This probably will end up being this game's big downfall. Sure, Sony will sell the 3D gimmick and people will probably buy it in droves, but the technology just isn't there. The red-and-blue glasses have been around for at least half a century, and the technology has evolved far beyond them. If you've ever seen an Imax film in 3D, you know what I'm talking about. Those glasses might work fairly well if you're watching something on a huge screen at your local cinema, but the resolution and size on standard and even HD sets just isn't enough to make it look decent. More than half the people I know that have no problem with watching a 3D film in Imax, or at a regular cinema, have complained about getting headaches after a few minutes of something watched at home with those cheap glasses.

It'll definitely sell, and for those of you who have properly-calibrated, big-screen HDTVs, it'll look pretty good, but anybody playing on a medium or smaller-sized set probably won't be at all impressed, if they can stand it for more than a few minutes.

It would be cool if the 3d was an option that could be turned on and off, but I guess that would take too much effort for the developers?

For me, the fact alone that they're trying to implement a new gimmick into the game is an insult to the fan base of Sly fans.

There are times when cute little additions make the game a little more entertaining to play, but I think the use of shoddy old red-blue glasses is just trying to throw extra value into a series that can hold well on its own. I say, they should just stick to what they had before.

wow, this must be the first 3-d game since World Runner and Rad Racer.

Too bad i'm not into anthropomorphic animals...that scene scares me.

[quote name='Apossum']wow, this must be the first 3-d game since World Runner and Rad Racer.

Too bad i'm not into anthropomorphic animals...that scene scares me.[/QUOTE]

Damn I was going to say Rad Racer. As a kid I don't think I understood why the hell the screen went crazy when you pressed select.

I want to be excited for this, I really do... But knowing how 3-D glasses always give me a headache, I'm worried. It does sound like it can either be turned on or off, or it only becomes active during certain portions of the game. I hope this doesn't kill the franchise.

Well, that's gonna be a bit crap for people like me that need to wear glasses. Trying to fit those things over or under a pair of specs will be loads of fun.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm always up for something a little different. Nice.[/QUOTE]

The problem this will have if it hasnt been said is....

Just like the Virtual Boy. The "audience" will not want to watch. So the game will be played in solitaire only.

It will also be hard to demo in stores or on disks unless they come with a pair of glasses.

bread's done
Back