More Spending for zee war passed (82 Billion) and border patrol strengthened!

Yes why not be the only US Senator to vote against spending on a war with troops in the field?

Zoglog you are such a principled online poster, thank God we have you.

Well if they're going to run a war, then at least finance it. Axe the tax cuts so we can pay for the stuff we need to do.

"The Senate gave final passage yesterday to an $82 billion emergency war-spending bill, sending President Bush a measure that will push the cost of the Iraq invasion well past $200 billion," reports the Washington Post. The vote was unanimous: 100-0.

Among the senators supporting the measure were John Kerry* and eight others who in October 2003 voted against a similar appropriation of $87 billion:

Barbara Boxer (Calif.)
Robert Byrd (W.Va.)
Tom Harkin (Iowa)
Jim Jeffords (Vt.)
Ted Kennedy (Mass.)
Frank Lautenberg (N.J.)
Pat Leahy (Vt.)
Paul Sarbanes (Md.)
It seems pretty clear that Kerry in particular was engaging in a little political posturing back in 2003, putting his own interest in appealing to his party's far left ahead of his country's interest in winning the wars (in Afghanistan as well as Iraq). Thank goodness his political opportunism was so transparent. Had it not been, it's just possible he would be president today.

The Post article, meanwhile, contains this dig at President Bush: "During last year's presidential campaign, the Bush team excoriated Democratic challenger John F. Kerry for asserting that the war would cost $200 billion." But as FactCheck.org reports, Kerry had actually asserted, falsely, that the war had already cost "$200 billion and counting."

* The haughty, French-looking Massachusetts Democrat, who by the way promised 101 days ago to release his military records.

doesn't politics make you feel all fuzzy inside? it's like buying a package and getting a bonus!!! And I don't know why you got to get your panties in a bunch, this is a board for discussing political crap =p~

[quote name='Zoglog']doesn't politics make you feel all fuzzy inside? it's like buying a package and getting a bonus!!! And I don't know why you got to get your panties in a bunch, this is a board for discussing political crap =p~[/QUOTE]

You think that was panties in a bunch? Then you are the type of person who would use such an expression.

[quote name='Zoglog']http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050511/NEWS06/505110469/1012

Awesome! Way to go guys! Drive up that Deficit and while yer at it keep those pesky illegal Alien Mexicans away from California. I'm sure we'll find some other minority group to scapegoat and make mow our lawns =p.......... After all who doesn't like mowing lawns and cleaning toilets for crappy wages?[/QUOTE]

We have too many Mexicans as it is. I could go right now and get 10 of them to pay 3 bucks an hour to do whatever I wanted, if I so pleased. I'd go pull up to the corner, and they'd all fill up my car. That's how shit works in NY.

[quote name='Rich']We have too many Mexicans as it is. I could go right now and get 10 of them to pay 3 bucks an hour to do whatever I wanted, if I so pleased. I'd go pull up to the corner, and they'd all fill up my car. That's how shit works in NY.[/QUOTE]

How bout we ship a few whites back to europe while we're at it?

Though we really should do a better job with stopping terrorists from entering this country.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7796357/

Seriously, he entered florida a few weeks ago and the bush administration refuses to confirm his whereabouts. And how exactly can a terrorist be persecuted unjustly in cases such as this? Not like we have a problem with the death penalty or anything.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']How bout we ship a few whites back to europe while we're at it?
[/QUOTE]

If they're illegals, then yes, we should. Peoples born to illegals, however, I consider legal residents. It's a shame that Mexicans make no attempt to even attempt to live in our culture and just establish ghettoes instead.

Myself--grandparents were legal immigrants from Italy. I'm no wop. :)

I was actually talking to a congressman today about the Mexican border and he agrees that some sort of defense should be put up and everyone checked coming into the country.

[quote name='Rich']If they're illegals, then yes, we should. Peoples born to illegals, however, I consider legal residents. It's a shame that Mexicans make no attempt to even attempt to live in our culture and just establish ghettoes instead.

Myself--grandparents were legal immigrants from Italy. I'm no wop. :)[/QUOTE]

Ya, that's why they come here, to live in horrible conditions and mooch off the system :roll: .

[quote name='Rich']If they're illegals, then yes, we should. Peoples born to illegals, however, I consider legal residents. It's a shame that Mexicans make no attempt to even attempt to live in our culture and just establish ghettoes instead.

Myself--grandparents were legal immigrants from Italy. I'm no wop. :)[/QUOTE]

There are always members of every racial group who seem to strive to perpetuate sterotypes. This is unfortunate, as it gives those who are actually making an effort to be decent human beings (not necessarily "Americanized"). For every gangbanger Latin King wanna-be you see, there are dozens of Mexicans who are actually doing something with their lives.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Ya, that's why they come here, to live in horrible conditions and mooch off the system :roll: .[/QUOTE]

Regardless, it's what they do. And they won't improve working for wages well under the minimum wage, taking jobs from Americans, and up and running back to Mexico when they make enough money.

My uncle had 3 Mexicans in the last 4 months up and run back to Mexico to set up stores, leaving him pretty needy for workers. He paid them all $6+ an hour, too. Had any of them been legal and brought their families with them, they would have been able to perhaps live a much better life.

[quote name='Rich']Regardless, it's what they do. And they won't improve working for wages well under the minimum wage, taking jobs from Americans, and up and running back to Mexico when they make enough money.

My uncle had 3 Mexicans in the last 4 months up and run back to Mexico to set up stores, leaving him pretty needy for workers. He paid them all $6+ an hour, too. Had any of them been legal and brought their families with them, they would have been able to perhaps live a much better life.[/QUOTE]

Funny though, the unemployment rate for hispanics is lower than any major ethnic group beside whites (and not by much). And many people hire them because they work so hard and they have a lower turnover rate than the white kids they'd normally hire. The reason there are so many illegals is because they can make a better life here, or at least get paid more, and because only a certain amount are given legal status. It's not that they don't want to be legal, it's because they can't. And when staying in one place means even worse conditions for your family, many people will do anything to improve those conditions for their families. Seriously, your attitude is horribly racist here.

[quote name='CTLesq']
* The haughty, French-looking Massachusetts Democrat, who by the way promised 101 days ago to release his military records.[/QUOTE]

Which he [John Kerry] failed to unseal, because he didn't have the authority.

His Vietnam military records are sealed and coded as b1a and b1b.

The b1 codes are used to protect interests of national security, and also used by the executive branch for cover ups.

In other words, someone in the White House didn't want John Kerry to be able to release his own records.

Don't believe me? File an FOIA request for his records.

The truth is out there...

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Funny though, the unemployment rate for hispanics is lower than any major ethnic group beside whites (and not by much). And many people hire them because they work so hard and they have a lower turnover rate than the white kids they'd normally hire. The reason there are so many illegals is because they can make a better life here, or at least get paid more, and because only a certain amount are given legal status. It's not that they don't want to be legal, it's because they can't. And when staying in one place means even worse conditions for your family, many people will do anything to improve those conditions for their families. Seriously, your attitude is horribly racist here.[/QUOTE]

Racist? I'm not motivated by race. Odious would be a better word. I hate Americans as much as I hate Mexicans, but at least Americans get their jobs legally. Funding hospitals and welfare programs to help illegal aliens isn't something I want to be doing, regardless of their race. And as I said before, my uncle (and consequently me, because I was working there) got fucked over when 3 of his workers left without notice to go back to Mexico and set up shop.

(BTW--you're long post in the other thread, I'd respond, but it's too long and I'm lazy. Just wanted to let you know so you don't think I'm dodging whatever points you bring up. I might respond tomorrow. :lol:)

[quote name='Rich']Racist? I'm not motivated by race. Odious would be a better word. I hate Americans as much as I hate Mexicans, but at least Americans get their jobs legally. Funding hospitals and welfare programs to help illegal aliens isn't something I want to be doing, regardless of their race. And as I said before, my uncle (and consequently me, because I was working there) got fucked over when 3 of his workers left without notice to go back to Mexico and set up shop.

(BTW--you're long post in the other thread, I'd respond, but it's too long and I'm lazy. Just wanted to let you know so you don't think I'm dodging whatever points you bring up. I might respond tomorrow. :lol:)[/QUOTE]

Ahh, I get it now, the mark of a genius. Using the example of 3 people as a major reason why they hate an entire ethnicity.

Besides, compared to the rest of americans they use relatively few public funds, they contribute more and use less than many of the american groups who are here. Besides, I have heard employers whining about the same things when they try to keep steady work forces for undesirable work while using only legal (and usually non hispanic) labor. Besides, if it was easier to get citizenship then they'd be legal, it's just often the most likely way of improving the lives of their family is being a legal american citizen, if that doesn't work then being an illegal is still better than living in many of the poorer parts of mexico.

Also (not that I even remember the other post), I tend to type long responses, mainly because I simply type the way I talk. I'm not good at converting responses into condensed, message board size.

apparently Rich thinks it's easier to get US citizenship or a green card than it really is =p. I love how your uncle didn't mind paying his illegal immigrants meager wages for thier job and then bitches when they take off. Apparently hiring people to do crappy work for 6 dollars/hour is harder than he thought eh?

I've seen people often fling insults at illegal immigrants posing them as the problems and the ill of society. Lets go over one of those prominent myths

"Them damn illegal aliens is takin all our jobs away"
Oh yes i'm sure getting paid under minimum wage to clean people's crap and work under hard manual labor sure is fun and rewarding =p

Apparently you seem to think that most of the illegal aliens in this country enjoy being illegal aliens.

As Carlos said, I can't wait to see the day when all the illegal aliens get deported and all the rich people start bitching about not being able to find cheap labor to mow thier golf courses or what not and whining "waaah this is hard work, omg this #%#%@ sucks"

hey it kind of reminds me of your uncle ;)

Anyway it's easy to scapegoat your problems on illegal immigrants and minorites. It's actually part of what this country really is about :D.

Understand Rich's background in general. This is a man who doesn't like gays or rather I should say he doesn't tolerate them, doesn't like Mexicans as well as I'm pretty sure he doesn't tolerate Transsexuals and I'm sure the list goes on. I think he wants to be in the running with PAD as one of the biggest bigots on this forum.
I admit I'm prejudiced but at least it's against people it makes sense for, like Gypsies. I think MOST will fucking try to steal your money or scam you somehow.

[quote name='Sarang01']Understand Rich's background in general. This is a man who doesn't like gays or rather I should say he doesn't tolerate them, doesn't like Mexicans as well as I'm pretty sure he doesn't tolerate Transsexuals and I'm sure the list goes on. I think he wants to be in the running with PAD as one of the biggest bigots on this forum.
I admit I'm prejudiced but at least it's against people it makes sense for, like Gypsies. I think MOST will fucking try to steal your money or scam you somehow.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. I tolerate gays, I just don't think they should have any of the same rights associated with marriage. Transexuals? They could be wiped off the planet and I wouldn't care in the least. Mexicans? Legal or illegal? I can't stand any illegal immigrant, Mexican or no.

Quiete frankly, I don't really care. I'm just being polemical right now, to tell the truth. I have absolutely no idea how this even came to Mexicans, as my stance on the border doesn't even care for Mexicans. My stance is to leave the illegals alone without deporting them(without reason), but shut down the borders and allow no more illegals in for matters of homeland security.
(and honestly, I don't care about someone's inability to obtain a greencard. Can't? Tough luck. Don't come here)

[quote name='Quackzilla']Which he [John Kerry] failed to unseal, because he didn't have the authority.

His Vietnam military records are sealed and coded as b1a and b1b.

The b1 codes are used to protect interests of national security, and also used by the executive branch for cover ups.

In other words, someone in the White House didn't want John Kerry to be able to release his own records.

Don't believe me? File an FOIA request for his records.

The truth is out there...[/QUOTE]

Oh this is coming from someone who couldn't criticize GWB about not having all his military records for public scrutiny during the campaign.

Right....

We already know the truth:

If what you were saying was true thats all Kerry would have to say - but he hasn't. He just said he would release them and never returned to the subject.

No fhe haughty, French-looking Massachusetts Democrat, who by the way promised 102 days ago to release his military records lied* when he said he would release them.

*Oh and that was a lie unlike the ridiculous claim you people make that GWB lied to invade Iraq.

CTL

[quote name='Quackzilla']Gearge W. Bush has the authority to classify or declassify records without getting any approval or anything.[/QUOTE]

And I guess that is the excuse the haughty, French-looking Massachusetts Democrat, who by the way promised 102 days ago to release his military records isn't using?

CTL

It's quite disturbing to think we have assholes like youin the military.

How such a close minded and bigoted moron as yourself is allowed to have a loaded gun just boggles my mind.

How many civilians did you kill?

Rich, it wasn't until you got attacked that you focused on illegals, you originally just focused on mexicans
We have too many Mexicans as it is. I could go right now and get 10 of them to pay 3 bucks an hour to do whatever I wanted, if I so pleased. I'd go pull up to the corner, and they'd all fill up my car. That's how shit works in NY

And ctlesq, you gotta pick your battles, kerry couldn't have just sat there and whined about every little thing he didn't like, you gotta know when to fight and when to let it go.

[quote name='Quackzilla']It's quite disturbing to think we have assholes like youin the military.

How such a close minded and bigoted moron as yourself is allowed to have a loaded gun just boggles my mind.

How many civilians did you kill?[/QUOTE]

Well you shouldn't be suprised, I mean what kind of people end up goiing into the military anyway? People without an education and no other way usually. Alot of times the people "forced" to join the military are raised this way and not really told otherwise by other people.

[quote name='Zoglog']Well you shouldn't be suprised, I mean what kind of people end up goiing into the military anyway? People without an education and no other way usually. Alot of times the people "forced" to join the military are raised this way and not really told otherwise by other people.[/QUOTE]

Imbecile. I have an undergraduate degree and a law degree.

CTL

[quote name='Zoglog']Well you shouldn't be suprised, I mean what kind of people end up goiing into the military anyway? People without an education and no other way usually. Alot of times the people "forced" to join the military are raised this way and not really told otherwise by other people.[/QUOTE]

I think you need a college degree for some branches of the military. It's just most of the people I know who joined the military are conservative, and I think enlistment rate is much higher in conservative areas (and it does also offer a solution to poor kids going nowhere). Face it, most people are idiots and don't know much about anything (ya know, all those kids who can't find europe, or the u.s., on a map?), and when said idiot happens to disagree with you, it is just more obvious.

Also, the fact that someone can graduate from college and still act like the high school, tough guy football captain says something about our college system.

[quote name='CTLesq']Imbecile. I have an undergraduate degree and a law degree.

CTL[/QUOTE]

Hence the esq, but it is entirely possible for a total moron to work hard and become educated.

But alas, no matter how much education they get and degrees they earn they are still morons, they're just morons who know a lot.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Hence the esq, but it is entirely possible for a total moron to work hard and become educated.

But alas, no matter how much education they get and degrees they earn they are still morons, they're just morons who know a lot.[/QUOTE]

Of course because if we aren't stupid when we join you will discount whatever degrees we have.

Brillant.

Of course we can count all of your contributions to society on one finger...the middle one.

CTL

[quote name='CTLesq']Of course because if we aren't stupid when we join you will discount whatever degrees we have.

Brillant.

Of course we can count all of your contributions to society on one finger...the middle one.

CTL[/QUOTE]

Your harsh, brutish, dismissive and holier than thou way of debating does nothing but reinforce quack's stereotype, and you may very well be the only modern soldier he has ever realized he's talked to for any length (even if it is through a message board).

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Your harsh, brutish, dismissive and holier than thou way of debating does nothing but reinforce quack's stereotype, and you may very well be the only modern soldier he has ever realized he's talked to for any length (even if it is through a message board).[/QUOTE]

When you described my posting style you left out one key attribute: correct.

CTL

PS: The only modern soldier? Can he speak with someone from the Civil War?

No, I have several freinds in the army, and one of my neighbors is in the reserves (now active), and several of the other leaders at my scout troop are retired military.

Of all the soldiers I have talked to, only you come across as being an asshole who would kill a civilian for kicks.

[quote name='CTLesq']When you described my posting style you left out one key attribute: correct.

CTL

PS: The only modern soldier? Can he speak with someone from the Civil War?[/QUOTE]

I'm not a liar.

And he can probably speak to a soldier from ww2, vietnam, and the first gulf war. I meant active or very recently serving.

[quote name='Quackzilla']No, I have several freinds in the army, and one of my neighbors is in the reserves (now active), and several of the other leaders at my scout troop are retired military.

Of all the soldiers I have talked to, only you come across as being an asshole who would kill a civilian for kicks.[/QUOTE]

Well, I have talked to soldiers like ctlesq, but I've talked to many unlike him as well. Though scout troop? Wouldn't working for the boy scouts contradict your moral beliefs (the whole anti gay thing and all)?

[quote name='CTLesq']Imbecile. I have an undergraduate degree and a law degree.

CTL[/QUOTE]

I find it amusing you thought I was reffering to you, I was talking about military people in general. But it's pretty obvious why you'd get so defensive ;)

I love how you used law degree in there :) Most people that me and my brother know after undergrad who couldn't find jobs ended up going to law school ;). But yeah like they said, educated people aren't always the brightest in certain respects.

[quote name='Quackzilla']
Of all the soldiers I have talked to, only you come across as being an asshole who would kill a civilian for kicks.[/QUOTE]

Thats funny because I count you as the only asshole on this forum.

CTL

[quote name='Zoglog']I find it amusing you thought I was reffering to you, I was talking about military people in general. But it's pretty obvious why you'd get so defensive ;)

I love how you used law degree in there :) Most people that me and my brother know after undergrad who couldn't find jobs ended up going to law school ;). But yeah like they said, educated people aren't always the brightest in certain respects.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have to decide that you were talking specifically about me to respond in the way I did. You claimed you were commenting generally, that would include me.

As for not being the brightest or not being able to find a job I am confident I will pay more in taxes this year than you will make pre-tax.

CTL

Why do you automatically assume that he makes less than $2,000 a year? =D

[quote name='CTLesq']Thats funny because I count you as the only asshole on this forum.

CTL[/QUOTE]

Ouch, you burned me with that witty comeback. :roll:

[quote name='CTLesq']Of course because if we aren't stupid when we join you will discount whatever degrees we have.

Brillant.

CTL[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']Im just curious, but why join the military if you have a law degree and what do you do there?[/QUOTE]

I am in the reserves. I am in the JAG. Why do it? Because someone has to protect my way of life.

CTL

CTL, these people are too dumb and hypocritical to be arguing with. It's like arguing with a brick wall--except that a brick wall doesn't spute bull.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']what do you do when you arent part of the reserves?[/QUOTE]

I am a tax lawyer in NYC.

And I drink scotch, walk my dog, play Xbox (I recommend the Bluetooth wireless controller HIGHLY) and basically fucking rule.

CTL

I always get into these threads too late. Anyway I don't give a crap who moves into this country. I would never want to deny someone the right to a better life, thats just wrong. I do have one complaint though, correct me if I am wrong but illegal aliens don't have to pay taxes. I see that as pretty unfair if you want to live here. If you live in the US you should have to pay taxes just like everyone else. Of course if you are getting paid under the table and below minimum wage then thats pretty hard to do.

[quote name='CTLesq']I am in the reserves. I am in the JAG. Why do it? Because someone has to protect my way of life.

CTL[/QUOTE]

I love how hard you try to validate yourself on this message board. Just makes you seem even more pitiful to me ;).

[quote name='Zoglog']I love how hard you try to validate yourself on this message board. Just makes you seem even more pitiful to me ;).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am pitiful, that"s it.

bread's done
Back