Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Out August 20, 2013

MrPiggles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
blacklistLogoBanner.jpg

The United States has a military presence in two thirds of countries around the world. A group of 12 have had enough and initiate a terror ultimatum called the Blacklist - a deadly countdown of escalating terrorist attacks on U.S. interests. Sam Fisher is the leader of the newly formed 4th Echelon unit: a clandestine unit that answers solely to the President of the United States. Sam and his team must hunt down these terrorists by any means necessary, and stop the Blacklist countdown before it reaches zero.

f1bd811dcb279e6a04573d6caa15b38ab3023815.jpg__0x529_q85_upscale.jpg

3ca29bf1d36e32bfd254968d53a4e4dac3064468.jpg__0x529_q85_upscale.jpg

d7ba767c24632fe01b0977bc1148a640d9b7d4e3.png__0x529_q85_upscale.jpg

46e458ec5e7f63bb19283bf2a78cfaffe4ba4ff8.jpg__0x529_q85_upscale.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBeSaR0H6gE

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad they are going back to the Chaos Theory days as far as putting a single player, co-op story mode and spies vs mercs. I've loved every game in the series so I don't see this one being any different

Yeah I am, good reviews are positive seems like a solid game coming into it. I won't get much time to play it as i'll be busy for a few weeks just after it launches so might wait - and hopefully it will be a bit cheaper.

I'm definately gonna pick this up eventually, but cant help but feel like it will be cheaper in a month or two when I'm not as busy.

I remember I ordered splinter cell conviction the week it released off amazon and it was over £10 cheaper than in stores.

It's a Ubisoft game. It's almost guaranteed to be $39 in one month or less. I decided to grab it with the $5 off Amazon credit. I have reward points that I can use and a few gift cards

Game is great on Live with friends.  It is tense and quick.  Better than Conviction by a long shot and different than Pandora/Chaos.  I like it, but wish they would just put a Pandora/Chaos mode back in as well.

How many bullets does it take to get killed?

If it's more than one do you have healing factor or do you have to use first aid kits?

It's auto healing. It takes 3-5 shots at most to get killed but usually its pretty quick. I'm playing on the second highest difficulty and I've run into some issues, in a good way, with dying or getting spotted. A lot of it depends on how you want to play the game.I'm trying to stick with the panther play style so usually if I get spotted I'll just let myself die. The single player has been pretty awesome so far. Can't wait to play co-op with my buddy. 

I tried spies v mercs tonight and frankly it was awful. They made the asinine decision to not give mercs flashlights so it is hard as hell to see spies. They also took away basically all the vision modes that mercs used to have. Spies have all different goggle options including sonar which is just cheap. The maps are dark as hell and you can't see a thing. They are dark in a bad way. The Chaos Theory maps were dark in a good way. The spies also have real guns this time which is another awful idea. A pistol I would be ok with, but not machine guns. This is not the spies vs mercs we had during Chaos Theory when everything was fluid, smooth, fun and tense. This multiplayer just feels like you're going to get murdered every 30 seconds. 

Having a blast - very solid game. Still can't find out how to login / access uplay though. Nothing on shadownet .. I want to spend and earn upoints.

It's auto healing. It takes 3-5 shots at most to get killed but usually its pretty quick. I'm playing on the second highest difficulty and I've run into some issues, in a good way, with dying or getting spotted. A lot of it depends on how you want to play the game.I'm trying to stick with the panther play style so usually if I get spotted I'll just let myself die. The single player has been pretty awesome so far. Can't wait to play co-op with my buddy.

I tried spies v mercs tonight and frankly it was awful. They made the asinine decision to not give mercs flashlights so it is hard as hell to see spies. They also took away basically all the vision modes that mercs used to have. Spies have all different goggle options including sonar which is just cheap. The maps are dark as hell and you can't see a thing. They are dark in a bad way. The Chaos Theory maps were dark in a good way. The spies also have real guns this time which is another awful idea. A pistol I would be ok with, but not machine guns. This is not the spies vs mercs we had during Chaos Theory when everything was fluid, smooth, fun and tense. This multiplayer just feels like you're going to get murdered every 30 seconds.
I agree until i played for a few hours. Mercs got land mines and uav to help along with adr shot to make things bright. They got some motion sensors to. To many rage quiters ruining it tho. I suggest playing more and unlock the stuff you said it did not have. It is fun.

I did it from the Paledin but I don't remember where exactly. I believe it was in the SMI. Look for one of the button prompts on the bottom

This wasn't on my radar at all until I watched some videos and it looked great. Picked it up on Friday and i'm having a blast. I love the variety of locations and the level design. Side missions are fun too. 

The co-op missions where you face waves of enemies is very fun, unlike other games / convictions "hunter" mode as you progress the enemies change and become harder and harder keeping you on your toes. Made to it wave 15 of 20 but then I had to go off.

This wasn't on my radar at all until I watched some videos and it looked great. Picked it up on Friday and i'm having a blast. I love the variety of locations and the level design. Side missions are fun too.

This game is excellent! Best SC in a while. I really hope this sparks the series again.

How many bullets does it take to get killed?

If it's more than one do you have healing factor or do you have to use first aid kits?

I think it is very realistic. If I get shot more than twice my guy is dead. I think I have only survived one or two firefights where I have been shot. My guy has no armor though.

bread's done
Back