* * * * - 3 votes

H-Hour: World's Elite - From the Creative Director of SOCOM 1 & 2

H-Hour: Worlds Elite H-Hour SOCOM PS4

#1 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8788 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

uf8JpAd.png

Kickstarter Link

David Sears, the Creative Director of the original SOCOM games, wants to bring you the spiritual successor to those breakout PlayStation 2 shooters. The Kickstarter campaign goal is $200,000 and they just added a new tier for "PlayStation Warriors" (likely by popular request).

=============================
PC or PS4 Digital Copy Of The Game + All DLC For 1 Year + All Previous Rewards
=============================

Created specially for fans of the original SOCOM games on PS2, this pledge tier gives you not only all previous tier rewards but our guarantee that when we max out pledges for this tier, H-Hour will ship as both a PC version and on the PS4. You receive your choice of either the PS4 version or the PC version of the game, along with the first year of DLC.

NOTE: If this tier is maxed out, backers at all tiers have the option to choose between either a PC version or PS4 version.
NOTE: H-Hour will support all digital in-game perks for both versions of the game.

itPP54Q.png

Because shooters don’t have to be about long cutscenes or pointless “wow” moments. They don’t need to involve sprinting around constrictive maps and magnetic bullets. They shouldn't involve overly scripted AI behaviors that are exactly the same every time you play. Or driving a truck through Manhattan on a rail while the city explodes due to unknown causes. They shouldn’t be ranked by who has the biggest explosions and their greatest appeal shouldn’t be “everybody else is playing it.” No, really they should be about connecting on a human level with other players, honoring the contributions of our military colleagues through respect for authenticity, and bringing like-minded people together online to strategize, execute and win.

You know what’s more important than explosions? (Though we do like explosions…) Team play. Esprit de corps. A good attitude. Being part of a healthy, passionate community in which you enjoy spending your precious free time. One of the single most important innovations of H-Hour is our use of modern analytics technology to monitor griefers, cheaters, and generally obnoxious players and utilize that data to deliver an experience free of those elements—a battlefield of other dedicated competitive players who understand honor, respect and the values upon which our great military was founded.

#2 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

Looking forward to this! I want to pledge for the $400 tier, but the $150 is enticing as well.

#3 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8788 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

It's not looking good for them to reach their $200,000 goal, but you never know. They said this was to help them create a proof-of-concept for potential investors. I would imagine they are already working on the game, but the extra money would help them implement more into the alpha. Regardless, I hope this turns out positively.

#4 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

I absolutely LOOOOVED Socom 2. Ergo I liked Confrontation as well. However with Zipper's massive screw up of SOCOM 4, I bet you can rule out Sony being an investor. My only hope was for Slant 6 doing another iteration, but with this announcement I am even more excited!

#5 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8788 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

This is actually picking up steam. 901 backers, and $70,000+ with 16 days to go.

http://www.kickstart...-0/posts/512589

#6 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

Damn! I hope it makes it! I am really glad this is in the works!

#7 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8788 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

11 days to go and they're at $116,000...this is going to be extremely close. Looking like they'll come up about $25k short but we'll see. Maybe they'll get a few big backers towards the end.

#8 AFRO insomniac   Old School Validating   4737 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

AFRO insomniac

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

Does the rest of the Socom community on CAG know about this?  If so what are some people's opinions?

I heard about this game because of a youtuber named Blackwido88 who is known for passionately supporting the original first two Socom games and picking apart the abominations that followed afterwards. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FFUYhENWPH8

I'll go ahead and pledge $15 for a digital download of the game.  I'm interested to see what other Socom veterans think about this project. 

#9 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

Does the rest of the Socom community on CAG know about this?  If so what are some people's opinions?

I heard about this game because of a youtuber named Blackwido88 who is known for passionately supporting the original first two Socom games and picking apart the abominations that followed afterwards. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FFUYhENWPH8

I'll go ahead and pledge $15 for a digital download of the game.  I'm interested to see what other Socom veterans think about this project.

Well as of right now there isn't that much information on it, besides character models and promises. I really would love to see just a peek of some gameplay.

However, I still need to pledge, lol. Maybe this weekend, if the GF doesn't drain my account, lol.

#10 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

ill be surprised if this game even hits its 200K minimum.

#11 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8788 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

ill be surprised if this game even hits its 200K minimum.

It's going to be close. They gained $12k today/one day.

#12 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

$55,000 in 10 days? It really doesn't seem that big of a goal now. They only need to make 5,500 a day essentially for the next 10 days to make goal.

#13 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8788 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

$55,000 in 10 days? It really doesn't seem that big of a goal now. They only need to make 5,500 a day essentially for the next 10 days to make goal.

We're almost to 9 days left and they currently need roughly $64,000, but I agree, this is actually picking up steam. That's basically $7111/day...totally doable. I actually haven't pledged yet because it didn't seem like it was going to make it about 10 days ago. But I'll be putting down my money for the PlayStation Warrior tier.

#14 dizee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

I donated 50 to it

#15 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

If this game makes it, we should make a CAG PS4 clan.

#16 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8788 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

If this game makes it, we should make a CAG PS4 clan.

Definitely. And since it won't be out until roughly Jan 2015, I have plenty of time to get a PS4.

#17 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8788 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

Just over 6 days left and the campaign us currently at:

1,912 backers ⋅ $176,303 pledged of $200,000 goal ⋅ 6 Days 9 Hours left

It's going to be close :)

#18 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

$200,000 is a pretty big goal in the first place. However, I am glad it is almost there!

#19 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

Just under $11k to go!

#20 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8788 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

They got this. I'm probably going to donate on the last day.

#21 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8788 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

project-image-complete.png

http://www.kickstart...-0/posts/527950

#22 AFRO insomniac   Old School Validating   4737 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

AFRO insomniac

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

Sweet.  If it is out in 2015 I should have a PS4 by then.

Glad it hit its goal.  At the very least this project will be interesting to follow for the next couple of years as the spiritual successor to Socom. 

#23 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8788 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:30 AM

Agreed. Also, technically since the PS4 version is only $50 if you buy through the Kickstarter, it's a DEAL. PLUS there's the 1 year of DLC that will be included as well.

#24 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Agreed. Also, technically since the PS4 version is only $50 if you buy through the Kickstarter, it's a DEAL. PLUS there's the 1 year of DLC that will be included as well.

its $50? i thought it would be $15 to buy since you get the digital version with that backing. good to see it made its goal though.

#25 x3x1x   So fresh and so clean CAGiversary!   2210 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

its $50? i thought it would be $15 to buy since you get the digital version with that backing. good to see it made its goal though.

You can get the PS4 for as little as $15. This update post breaks down the reward tiers pretty well http://www.kickstart...-0/posts/521932

#26 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

i meant, if someone who didnt pledge anything bought it at release, it would be $15, not $50.

#27 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8788 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

You can get the PS4 for as little as $15. This update post breaks down the reward tiers pretty well http://www.kickstart...-0/posts/521932

Damn, I did not notice that, only PS4 text reference I saw was for the $50 tier. I just pledged, thanks!

EDIT: at the time of pledging do I need to specify what version I want (PC vs PS4)? I didn't see anything to decide. I went with the $20 tier...

#28 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

Damn, I did not notice that, only PS4 text reference I saw was for the $50 tier. I just pledged, thanks!

EDIT: at the time of pledging do I need to specify what version I want (PC vs PS4)? I didn't see anything to decide. I went with the $20 tier...

I think you either need to message the kickstartee or they may send a survey. Not 100% sure.

Haven't backed this yet as I need to figure out what tier I want.

#29 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Update: I messaged David and said there will be a survey at the end of the campaign to select which version you would like.

Edit: just backed the $150 tier.

#30 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8788 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

4 hours to go, $9K away from the first stretch goal. I just upped my pledge to $25 so I can get the game digitally + first expansion. Since I'm moving to Canada soon I didn't want to worry about shipping issues with the $20 tier.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: H-Hour: Worlds Elite, H-Hour, SOCOM, PS4