H-Hour: World's Elite - From the Creative Director of SOCOM 1 & 2

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)

Kickstarter Link

David Sears, the Creative Director of the original SOCOM games, wants to bring you the spiritual successor to those breakout PlayStation 2 shooters. The Kickstarter campaign goal is $200,000 and they just added a new tier for "PlayStation Warriors" (likely by popular request).

PLAYSTATION WARRIOR
=============================
PC or PS4 Digital Copy Of The Game + All DLC For 1 Year + All Previous Rewards
=============================

Created specially for fans of the original SOCOM games on PS2, this pledge tier gives you not only all previous tier rewards but our guarantee that when we max out pledges for this tier, H-Hour will ship as both a PC version and on the PS4. You receive your choice of either the PS4 version or the PC version of the game, along with the first year of DLC.

NOTE: If this tier is maxed out, backers at all tiers have the option to choose between either a PC version or PS4 version.
NOTE: H-Hour will support all digital in-game perks for both versions of the game.
itPP54Q.png

Because shooters don’t have to be about long cutscenes or pointless “wow” moments. They don’t need to involve sprinting around constrictive maps and magnetic bullets. They shouldn't involve overly scripted AI behaviors that are exactly the same every time you play. Or driving a truck through Manhattan on a rail while the city explodes due to unknown causes. They shouldn’t be ranked by who has the biggest explosions and their greatest appeal shouldn’t be “everybody else is playing it.” No, really they should be about connecting on a human level with other players, honoring the contributions of our military colleagues through respect for authenticity, and bringing like-minded people together online to strategize, execute and win.

You know what’s more important than explosions? (Though we do like explosions…) Team play. Esprit de corps. A good attitude. Being part of a healthy, passionate community in which you enjoy spending your precious free time. One of the single most important innovations of H-Hour is our use of modern analytics technology to monitor griefers, cheaters, and generally obnoxious players and utilize that data to deliver an experience free of those elements—a battlefield of other dedicated competitive players who understand honor, respect and the values upon which our great military was founded.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not looking good for them to reach their $200,000 goal, but you never know. They said this was to help them create a proof-of-concept for potential investors. I would imagine they are already working on the game, but the extra money would help them implement more into the alpha. Regardless, I hope this turns out positively.

I absolutely LOOOOVED Socom 2. Ergo I liked Confrontation as well. However with Zipper's massive screw up of SOCOM 4, I bet you can rule out Sony being an investor. My only hope was for Slant 6 doing another iteration, but with this announcement I am even more excited!

11 days to go and they're at $116,000...this is going to be extremely close. Looking like they'll come up about $25k short but we'll see. Maybe they'll get a few big backers towards the end.

Does the rest of the Socom community on CAG know about this?  If so what are some people's opinions?

I heard about this game because of a youtuber named Blackwido88 who is known for passionately supporting the original first two Socom games and picking apart the abominations that followed afterwards. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFUYhENWPH8

I'll go ahead and pledge $15 for a digital download of the game.  I'm interested to see what other Socom veterans think about this project. 

Does the rest of the Socom community on CAG know about this? If so what are some people's opinions?

I heard about this game because of a youtuber named Blackwido88 who is known for passionately supporting the original first two Socom games and picking apart the abominations that followed afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFUYhENWPH8

I'll go ahead and pledge $15 for a digital download of the game. I'm interested to see what other Socom veterans think about this project.
Well as of right now there isn't that much information on it, besides character models and promises. I really would love to see just a peek of some gameplay.

However, I still need to pledge, lol. Maybe this weekend, if the GF doesn't drain my account, lol.

$55,000 in 10 days? It really doesn't seem that big of a goal now. They only need to make 5,500 a day essentially for the next 10 days to make goal.

$55,000 in 10 days? It really doesn't seem that big of a goal now. They only need to make 5,500 a day essentially for the next 10 days to make goal.
We're almost to 9 days left and they currently need roughly $64,000, but I agree, this is actually picking up steam. That's basically $7111/day...totally doable. I actually haven't pledged yet because it didn't seem like it was going to make it about 10 days ago. But I'll be putting down my money for the PlayStation Warrior tier.

Just over 6 days left and the campaign us currently at:

1,912 backers ⋅ $176,303 pledged of $200,000 goal ⋅ 6 Days 9 Hours left
It's going to be close :)

Sweet.  If it is out in 2015 I should have a PS4 by then.

Glad it hit its goal.  At the very least this project will be interesting to follow for the next couple of years as the spiritual successor to Socom. 

Agreed. Also, technically since the PS4 version is only $50 if you buy through the Kickstarter, it's a DEAL. PLUS there's the 1 year of DLC that will be included as well.

Agreed. Also, technically since the PS4 version is only $50 if you buy through the Kickstarter, it's a DEAL. PLUS there's the 1 year of DLC that will be included as well.
its $50? i thought it would be $15 to buy since you get the digital version with that backing. good to see it made its goal though.

Damn, I did not notice that, only PS4 text reference I saw was for the $50 tier. I just pledged, thanks!

EDIT: at the time of pledging do I need to specify what version I want (PC vs PS4)? I didn't see anything to decide. I went with the $20 tier...
I think you either need to message the kickstartee or they may send a survey. Not 100% sure.

Haven't backed this yet as I need to figure out what tier I want.

Update: I messaged David and said there will be a survey at the end of the campaign to select which version you would like.

Edit: just backed the $150 tier.

4 hours to go, $9K away from the first stretch goal. I just upped my pledge to $25 so I can get the game digitally + first expansion. Since I'm moving to Canada soon I didn't want to worry about shipping issues with the $20 tier.

H-Hour made its 250k stretch goal in the final hours of the campaign. Along side that, the drive is continuing for those that still want to pledge via PayPal for 1 month. You can also increase your pledge using this option. I for one am glad about this option as I want to probably go in for the $250 tier. I have absolute faith in this game, and can not wait to get my hands on some SOCOM goodness.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is with great pride and honor I am allowed to post this for you all today. So much work from a long list of people have gone into this project I am humbled to be the one bringing it to all of you. (my hands are shaking)

Without the support of our community this wouldn't be possible. We thank you, we appreciate you.

Now go spread this across the Internets as if it would create World Peace.

(Thank you David Sears and SOF Studios)

Source
bddSS89.png

Any update on this or was this a complete bust?
It's not looking good from what I've read online. Supposedly, the developers are banning people from their forums that are offering negative feedback about the current alpha. I could be wrong on this, but just what I've read from some of the Socom websites.

It's a shame if that's the case. Socom 1 and 2 were a blast to play on the PS2.

It's not looking good from what I've read online. Supposedly, the developers are banning people from their forums that are offering negative feedback about the current alpha. I could be wrong on this, but just what I've read from some of the Socom websites.

It's a shame if that's the case. Socom 1 and 2 were a blast to play on the PS2.
That's the perception I have as well although it is limited to the video below (as well as a lack of news in general about the release of the game). Apparently David Sears the creative director of the original Socom games left H Hour early last year and it's been downhill from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57JPEylZrV0

Long story short; SOF switched from Unreal Engine 3 to Unreal 4.6/7 and that has delayed things a bit. The mechanics are slowly being implemented each day. Is it ready right now? Not at all, but it's alpha, of course it isn't ready year. That's the whole point of this stage of the process.

These kids that are posting videos and whining need to grow up and get a better understanding of the game development process.

I actually finally caved in and went for the late beta package a week before David left. If it's true, what absolutely bugs me is when developers show negative outcomes to the community. The last time this happened, that certain game community fell and the developers just gave up on updating the game. H-HOUR was a big part in helping me decide if I wanted to get a PS4. With everything that seems to be going, I hope they are still able to work everything out and throw out a nice game. 

Game is heavy on the resources (for seemingly no reason...) so my laptop struggles. Waiting for the PS4 version. Hearing good things though!

bread's done
Back