The Xbox One Future Owners Discussion Thread (No DRM debates etc.)

dmaul1114

Banned
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm excited for the XBone. I thought it had the best games at E3 for the next Gen consoles. I'm thinking if getting Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3 at launch. I may get a couple others but I'll see if they have any real advantage over the current Gen stuff. I'm talking about COD:Ghosts, Battlefield 4, etc.

Personally excited for Quantum Break. Remedy has always been a great developer.

My son has already said we must get Ryse. What is it with QTE games that kids love? Ease of play maybe? The death scenes? Hell if I know, but I have to buy that now too.

Yeah what is everyone planning on picking up?

I'm definitely getting Call of Duty and FIFA, that might be enough for me right out of the gate.

I have one pre-ordered and if Forza is well reviewed (or if many of my friends get it), I will likely retain my order.  I am interested in Ryse and Dead Rising 3, but again, need to see more.

My son has already said we must get Ryse. What is it with QTE games that kids love? Ease of play maybe? The death scenes? Hell if I know, but I have to buy that now too.
Is Quantum Break a launch title? If so I'll definitely be picking that up I'm a little blah on Ryse, the reviews will have to be good for me to pick that up.

Is Quantum Break a launch title? If so I'll definitely be picking that up I'm a little blah on Ryse, the reviews will have to be good for me to pick that up.
Not sure yet. Some sites have seemed to indicate it will be, while others have said it wont. Guess that means a "If it's ready" type of thing.

Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 for me....I just looked at my battlelog and i've played 587 hours of Battlefield 3 on the 360. Definitely my most played multiplayer game for this gen. lol

Haven't decided between Forza or Need for Speed Rivals though...but people at e3 said racing games with the new X1 controller is great.

COD and BF4 both look great but I may hold off and not get it at launch since none of my friends are going to get one so I will just do the 360 till maybe next Xmas. I know it was the pc version with 64 people playing at E3 but the BF4 demo looked awe...some.

COD and BF4 both look great but I may hold off and not get it at launch since none of my friends are going to get one so I will just do the 360 till maybe next Xmas. I know it was the pc version with 64 people playing at E3 but the BF4 demo looked awe...some.
64 players on console too!

Right now I'm sitting on Need for Speed Rivals and Watchdogs, both of which are current gen games. I'd love to get Battlefield 4, but I already have it preordered on PC. I wish the stats would travel between systems, but I imagine they're sticking to the same model as BF3 - so it's likely a no-go for me.

I'm also considering Dead Rising, Forza 5, and Ryse. I'll probably wait for some more previews on all three before I jump the shark. 

Probably going to split games with a friend or 2 to split the cost (pending confirmation that 2 people can play same shared game in SP or MP) and will probably pick up Dead Rising 3, Ryse, FIFA 14 and BF4 and/or COD:Ghosts

I'm excited!

Preordered the Day One Edition from Amazon.

Game wise I'm thinking about
Ryse
BF4
Madden
Watch Dogs

Is there a thread yet for "families?"

I'm excited!

Preordered the Day One Edition from Amazon.

Game wise I'm thinking about
Ryse
BF4
Madden
Watch Dogs

Is there a thread yet for "families?"
I think most of us are waiting to get some confirmation on how the whole "family" thing works. Microsoft hasn't exactly been clear with it yet. I did see an interview with Major Nelson where he said something along the lines of "Think of it like a digital library, where you can checkout a game when you want to play it." I believe he went on to state that only one person could check out a game at a time - which would kind of suck for multiplayer titles.

I still really like that feature - especially the fact that only one person needs to have a disk copy of the game and everyone else can download it. Seriously can't wait to try this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtSGFryKwo for the interview.

I'm getting both of the new consoles, but I'm more excited about the long-term potential of the XBO.

From where I sit, Sony is making the perfect console for today's gaming.  Microsoft, in my opinion, is much more forward-looking in their approach.

First, they didn't throw motion controls under the bus.  As an old fart, I'd really like to play in a holodeck before I die, and if that's ever to happen, then someone needs to advance motion control beyond the waggle of the Wiimote and the limited capacities of Kinect 1.0.  By lowballing and making the camera in the PS4 an optional extra, Sony has ensured that no one will support Eye or Move.  You'll see a couple of Sony games made around the tech to sell it, but no third party is really going to try to make an exclusive game for it, simply because it's a peripheral that the whole userbase won't have.  By including Kinect 2.0 in every console, developers will have more reason to at least try to take advantage of it.

Second, they're taking connected gameplay seriously.  Too seriously for some, obviously, but as one who has had at least one console connected to the internet since the Live beta in 2002, the online requirement is not a concern of mine.  I see all these naysayers talking down about how the cloud is useless for gaming.  I get the feeling a lot of these people were talking down Xbox Live about seven years ago.

Third, they're leading the way into the new gaming market space.  Are they going to get hit hard early in the generation?  I fully expect that they will, given the higher price and the shitstorm raging around them these days.  However, it will then be up to them to adapt and adjust to the market conditions, and prove that their new model can work.  It won't work if they control game prices and try to keep them higher than what people want to spend.  They basically are offering publishers a direct line to gamers.  I think at some point a publisher will get bold and start offering their games cheaper at launch if you download as opposed to getting the disc.  That's all it might take to get this thing rolling.  MS is ready for the scales to tip to digital downloading...perhaps too soon, but if they're right, they're going to be in a spectacular position to capitalize on it.

The only concern I really have with their big move to a digital console is that my games may not work at some point.  However, the fact that both MS and Sony took the step of going back to x86 based programming and abandoning their proprietary systems tell me that both companies are very likely tired of the awkwardness that comes from telling customers that their stuff won't work on the next generation of consoles.  If x86 is the new standard, then BC should almost be automatic going forward, for both Sony and MS.

And of course, there's the games.  Forza 5 is really all it took to get me on board, but Project Spark and Quantum Break looked amazing.  On the fence about Ryse - beautiful looking game, and from what I've read, the QTE buttons are optional and intended for people learning the game...but it has the look of one of those games that's about six hours long.  Will wait for reviews, and probably a price cut.

Oh yeah, TitanFall and Halo in 2014.  Looks good to me.

I'm getting both of the new consoles, but I'm more excited about the long-term potential of the XBO.

From where I sit, Sony is making the perfect console for today's gaming. Microsoft, in my opinion, is much more forward-looking in their approach.

First, they didn't throw motion controls under the bus. As an old fart, I'd really like to play in a holodeck before I die, and if that's ever to happen, then someone needs to advance motion control beyond the waggle of the Wiimote and the limited capacities of Kinect 1.0. By lowballing and making the camera in the PS4 an optional extra, Sony has ensured that no one will support Eye or Move. You'll see a couple of Sony games made around the tech to sell it, but no third party is really going to try to make an exclusive game for it, simply because it's a peripheral that the whole userbase won't have. By including Kinect 2.0 in every console, developers will have more reason to at least try to take advantage of it.

Second, they're taking connected gameplay seriously. Too seriously for some, obviously, but as one who has had at least one console connected to the internet since the Live beta in 2002, the online requirement is not a concern of mine. I see all these naysayers talking down about how the cloud is useless for gaming. I get the feeling a lot of these people were talking down Xbox Live about seven years ago.

Third, they're leading the way into the new gaming market space. Are they going to get hit hard early in the generation? I fully expect that they will, given the higher price and the shitstorm raging around them these days. However, it will then be up to them to adapt and adjust to the market conditions, and prove that their new model can work. It won't work if they control game prices and try to keep them higher than what people want to spend. They basically are offering publishers a direct line to gamers. I think at some point a publisher will get bold and start offering their games cheaper at launch if you download as opposed to getting the disc. That's all it might take to get this thing rolling. MS is ready for the scales to tip to digital downloading...perhaps too soon, but if they're right, they're going to be in a spectacular position to capitalize on it.

The only concern I really have with their big move to a digital console is that my games may not work at some point. However, the fact that both MS and Sony took the step of going back to x86 based programming and abandoning their proprietary systems tell me that both companies are very likely tired of the awkwardness that comes from telling customers that their stuff won't work on the next generation of consoles. If x86 is the new standard, then BC should almost be automatic going forward, for both Sony and MS.

And of course, there's the games. Forza 5 is really all it took to get me on board, but Project Spark and Quantum Break looked amazing. On the fence about Ryse - beautiful looking game, and from what I've read, the QTE buttons are optional and intended for people learning the game...but it has the look of one of those games that's about six hours long. Will wait for reviews, and probably a price cut.

Oh yeah, TitanFall and Halo in 2014. Looks good to me.
I think you nailed it with a lot of your points. Microsoft has done a poor job of explaining the benefits of having to be online and perhaps that's because its such a new concept they don't know how devs, etc are going to use that. The Killer Instinct model is interesting and something different. People never like change at first but after a while I think people will see what M$ is doing. Plus I like Kinect and hope it has much more to offer this time around.

I already have both the PS4 and XB1 paid off but I'm already looking way more forward to the XB1. I still don't think Sony has a solid plan and a grand vision. They told people what they wanted to hear and endorsed the status quo.

I'm getting both of the new consoles, but I'm more excited about the long-term potential of the XBO.

From where I sit, Sony is making the perfect console for today's gaming. Microsoft, in my opinion, is much more forward-looking in their approach.

First, they didn't throw motion controls under the bus. As an old fart, I'd really like to play in a holodeck before I die, and if that's ever to happen, then someone needs to advance motion control beyond the waggle of the Wiimote and the limited capacities of Kinect 1.0. By lowballing and making the camera in the PS4 an optional extra, Sony has ensured that no one will support Eye or Move. You'll see a couple of Sony games made around the tech to sell it, but no third party is really going to try to make an exclusive game for it, simply because it's a peripheral that the whole userbase won't have. By including Kinect 2.0 in every console, developers will have more reason to at least try to take advantage of it.

Second, they're taking connected gameplay seriously. Too seriously for some, obviously, but as one who has had at least one console connected to the internet since the Live beta in 2002, the online requirement is not a concern of mine. I see all these naysayers talking down about how the cloud is useless for gaming. I get the feeling a lot of these people were talking down Xbox Live about seven years ago.

Third, they're leading the way into the new gaming market space. Are they going to get hit hard early in the generation? I fully expect that they will, given the higher price and the shitstorm raging around them these days. However, it will then be up to them to adapt and adjust to the market conditions, and prove that their new model can work. It won't work if they control game prices and try to keep them higher than what people want to spend. They basically are offering publishers a direct line to gamers. I think at some point a publisher will get bold and start offering their games cheaper at launch if you download as opposed to getting the disc. That's all it might take to get this thing rolling. MS is ready for the scales to tip to digital downloading...perhaps too soon, but if they're right, they're going to be in a spectacular position to capitalize on it.

The only concern I really have with their big move to a digital console is that my games may not work at some point. However, the fact that both MS and Sony took the step of going back to x86 based programming and abandoning their proprietary systems tell me that both companies are very likely tired of the awkwardness that comes from telling customers that their stuff won't work on the next generation of consoles. If x86 is the new standard, then BC should almost be automatic going forward, for both Sony and MS.

And of course, there's the games. Forza 5 is really all it took to get me on board, but Project Spark and Quantum Break looked amazing. On the fence about Ryse - beautiful looking game, and from what I've read, the QTE buttons are optional and intended for people learning the game...but it has the look of one of those games that's about six hours long. Will wait for reviews, and probably a price cut.

A+ post.

Agreed completely, and really looking forward to all the forward thinking features of the Xbox One in the future.

Yeah I'm getting one, and a majority of my friends are getting one but some are holding off on a price cut.

Right now looking at day one titles:

I'm getting COD, since all my friends get that every year. It actually be the only multiplatform title I get for a few months?

ALso getting Forza 4, Dead Rising 3 (big maybe right now though), Ryse and KI since It's free to play.

If only the majority if the public were as smart as you and open-minded/forward thinking.

that's one thing i have been trying to get people to understand in the other post. Xbox one yes i think ms is kind of doing it the incorrect way and too much at start. With that said xbox one is taking a risk and thinking drm and digital is what the world is coming to and sooner or later publishers will want to toss out the disc and save that money it takes to make disc games. Lets face it last gen the ps3 was the system taking risk wit hall the tech in it and this time it's xbox one and we have seen how well the ps3 has done for like 3-4 years now. people thinking x1 will fail for ever is just talking nonsense.

people need to stop using a thing like well my internet sucks just like alot of people in u.s so x1 will fail. You could have the lowest dsl possible and still can get a auth check on servers. Im sure the games like forza five that works with A.I cloud stuff can be used offline and would just get normal a.l not the special cloud a.i. 

Im sure the games like forza five that works with A.I cloud stuff can be used offline and would just get normal a.l not the special cloud a.i.
They actually did mention that it would store drivatars on your system when you're online, so that if you had to play offline, you could still benefit from it.

Has the reddit post by the supposed Xbox engineer explaining DRM and XO intentions been disproved/found to be real? I really like the idea of Steam-like sales on my XO.

As I said in the other thread, Dead Rising was the game that made me buy an Xbox 360. The announcement of Dead Rising 3 as a launch title pretty much guarantees I'll be buying an Xbox One at launch. 

Posted some good articles in the other thread shame it's such a cesspool over there. Anyway I'll dig them up and post them over here.

Best thing I have read all day is that Titanfall is in fact a X1, 360, PC exclusive! :)

Not getting an Xbox One at launch definitely going to pick it up for the exclusives.interested Titan Fall and Quantim Break. Never really could into the Dead Rising series but DR3 looks interesting.

Definitely getting one on launch day. No question. Day One pre ordered.

Im glad I managed to find a bit of sanity here on CAG. Ive been pretty inactive for the last few years, wanted to return home and found a mess of silliness here lately. People trying to define a "real CAG" and shit... Come on now.

Posted some good articles in the other thread shame it's such a cesspool over there. Anyway I'll dig them up and post them over here.

Best thing I have read all day is that Titanfall is in fact a X1, 360, PC exclusive! :)
the org thread for xbox one is ps3/nintendo fanboys nothing else nothing more. If you dare to say ANYTHING positive about x1 they bite your head off

I didnt realize a notification was given for people liking your posts...

I apologize to a few of you Ive surely spammed as Ive been making my way through that other thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/315843-playstation-talk-ps4-psn-games-backwards-compatibility-ffx-hd/

according to this guy ms has changed their used game thing. sounds like they have took away the used game things which im sure takes away the 24 hour check in thing. I also after reading this i went to check to see if they changed the faq thing on xbox one website and it's now gone not on the website anymore. i really do think ms was thinking sony was going to do some kind of used game ban also. if this turns out to be the case i might be getting x1 at launch once again. this guy has over 200 videos on youtube so i kind of trust him.

my guess is that a new xbox one game will come with a code and if you want to install game and play with no disc you need to enter a one time activation code and then if 2nd hand person wants to install without needing disc they have to pay some kind of fee like a game pass or something.

Definitely getting one on launch day. No question. Day One pre ordered.

Im glad I managed to find a bit of sanity here on CAG. Ive been pretty inactive for the last few years, wanted to return home and found a mess of silliness here lately. People trying to define a "real CAG" and shit... Come on now.

Same here. I just want a place to have a hype conversation with fellow future ONE owners.

I read a ton of site/blogs and don't comment much, but I'm getting tired of being called scum because I want to get an Xbox.

In my few yrs on this site, I have never seen a thread turn so ugly so fast as the other Xbox One thread has turned into. It's like a cage match with no winners...lol.

In my few yrs on this site, I have never seen a thread turn so ugly so fast as the other Xbox One thread has turned into. It's like a cage match with no winners...lol.
Orders so great they stand!! The greatest race told you they were stealing you clean.. If only you'd listen!! However their new console presented its sheen. It still wasn't clean, no matter the glisten.

The last of us gunned as the one's luster was punned. We all thought how right they would be. Superior as they seem

But eventually Titans will ring clear. And rising from the dear earth, with Azure in the clouds, a new generation is clear. Where things will be Live, The One will arise!.

I don't know why you are so excited since that will limit the amount of gamers who get the chance to play it.

Excellent post, my man.

I feel the same way about the Xbox One in terms of their thinking of the future. I'm rather optimistic about the future and I welcome the change Microsoft is bringing with the Xbox One. *Hopefully* "the power of the cloud" isn't just a marketing stint. Five years or so from now, I imagine a highly connected world with much better and highly proliferated high speed internet solutions (Google Fiber, anyone?) that can take even more advantage of the cloud.

I appreciate that Sony made a much more powerful system in the PS4 and I will definitely be getting that at a much later time. But I'm really interested in what they have in store with Kinect 2.0, especially after how piss poor Kinect 1.0 was. Seeing the tech demos got me pretty damn excited about the possibilities of future games. Not that I don't appreciate a better looking game though; I just want something different. Call this wishful thinking but man, am I stoked about this generation!

Well looks like all the backlash has forced Microsoft into changing their stance: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/microsoft-reversing-xbox-one-internet-used-game-policies.  I would assume this all to be true.  Not sure what to think.  I was excited about the 10 family ring and being able to share games,etc.  I would assume since they are reverting back to the old way this feature is probably gone. 

Funny I see this as a huge win for GameStop above most.  The same used game policies, etc.  Well the Xbox One always had the better games so not sure what the Sony fan boys will be stomping about now, guess the price?

Yeah this news today is very good news indeed. I was going to be a 360 user sitting on the sidelines with GTAV and Titanfall but I'm interested in the Xbox One now.

Well looks like all the backlash has forced Microsoft into changing their stance: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/microsoft-reversing-xbox-one-internet-used-game-policies. I would assume this all to be true. Not sure what to think. I was excited about the 10 family ring and being able to share games,etc. I would assume since they are reverting back to the old way this feature is probably gone.

Funny I see this as a huge win for GameStop above most. The same used game policies, etc. Well the Xbox One always had the better games so not sure what the Sony fan boys will be stomping about now, guess the price?
I'm sure they'll find something.

I was looking forward to the new model as well. This announcement does indeed kill off the concept of digitally sharing games, at least for now.

I am hoping that they offer it with games that are not on disc. That would be a plus, and it would be a strong incentive for some to move to digital downloading.

As it is, I guess I'll just go ahead and preorder discs of Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5, since those are the two launch day games I know I'm getting. Was going to wait and see if they had any special offers for people who downloaded them on Day One, but might as well take advantage of the preorder bonuses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syQDMEFq3H4

really really good video here and i have really liked sessler as a video game media person
I'm in the camp of holding off on next-gen pre-orders for many of the reasons Sessler stated. My biggest one is that there are so few next-gen titles that aren't also going to be on the current-gen consoles (at least so far anyway), that I just don't see any reason to pick one up at launch. The $500-$600 I would have spent on a new console and a next-gen game could be used for purchasing 6-7 current-gen titles like Watch Dogs, Destiny, AC4, etc. Plus, unless I magically come across a well-paying job, I doubt I would have that kind of money to spend until mid 2014 :p

I'm really stoked about today's news of Microsoft's reversal on their DRM policies because it kindled a little spark of hope that maybe I'll be able to talk my friends into buying an X1 now. After E3 all of my buddies were "PS4 this! **** X1 that!" so I felt like I'd be a little alone being the only one in my group with an X1. Then again, most of my friends are PC gamers and the ones who did have consoles rarely ever played with me in the first place...

Anyways I'll definitely be getting both the PS4 and X1, but I'll probably go X1 for the multi-platform games like I did with the PS3 and 360 this gen provided that the X1 controller really is just an improved X360 controller. I love that thing way too much.

Microsoft still has a significant uphill battle ahead of them, mainly over the price of the system. But this recent reversal on their policies will go a long way toward making the XBox One a viable contender. I'll probably hold off on acquiring one at launch. $500 is a bit steep, and I've never trusted pre-orders. There are too many companies out there who are willing to take pre-orders on stock they may or may not get. If I'm laying down money ahead of time, I expect to actually receive the product on release, guaranteed. Otherwise there's no point in letting someone else earn interest off of my hard-earned cash. (this applies to all consoles)

I am most excited for Project Spark. That looks like it could have some real promise. My excitement is tempered somewhat by the fact that Microsoft announced the game would also be coming to the 360. I already have a Kinect, so I could just as easily play it on the console I already own. Hopefully the XBox One edition will have some unique features that make it worth while.

I am most excited for Project Spark.
Speaking of Project Spark...everytime I see a new video about it, it looks awesome. It's coming to xbox 360, xbox one, and windows 8. They did confirm that any maps can be downloaded to another system. So if someone makes a great map, or new scripts, on win8, you can download it to your x1.

Also didn't realize that its free for the basic game and you can pay to get extra tools/objects.

Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJEB63VkKi8

There was little chance I was going to cancel my preorder prior to them changing the policies, but after they did there is no way I'm canceling. The exclusives look too good to pass up.

Dead Rising 3 is a launch day title for me.
Nba 2k14 will be picked up, even if it's just a port from the 360 version (although I'm pretty sure they will add something)
BF/COD. I've always played COD but I'm leaning towards BF this time around. Looks awesome.

Forza 5 is likely a launch title, but I might wait for Christmas for it.
Ryse looks cool, but as some have said...looks like it would be a short game. Definitely want to play it at some point.
Quantum Break looks cool, but might be in the same boat as Ryse for me.

I am most excited for Project Spark.
Speaking of Project Spark...everytime I see a new video about it, it looks awesome. It's coming to xbox 360, xbox one, and windows 8. They did confirm that any maps can be downloaded to another system. So if someone makes a great map, or new scripts, on win8, you can download it to your x1.

Also didn't realize that its free for the basic game and you can pay to get extra tools/objects.

Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJEB63VkKi8
I didn't realize Project Spark was coming to Xbox 360. Is there anything that's actually console exclusive to Xbox One?

bread's done
Back