looking for an economy home theater system

jlarlee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
looking for something in the 50-150 range. This is just for my secondary tv. System does not have to have rear speakers but prefer it to have left right center and a woofer. I already have a dvd and vcr on the tv so it just needs to have a receiver.

the walmarts usually have this home theatre setup outside the electronics department, its a 5.1 setup with a reciever. they're like $120 in a cheap green box. check urs out.

Can these blow out a TVs speakers? My other tv's right speaker is dead. I think its because i hooked up one of those boombox speakers to it but i really dont have a clue. Someone educate me plz.

[quote name='Renzokuken']Can these blow out a TVs speakers? My other tv's right speaker is dead. I think its because i hooked up one of those boombox speakers to it but i really dont have a clue. Someone educate me plz.[/quote]

well the whole point of an entertainment system is to not use the standard speakers in ur tv. infact i have mine turned off, the receiver takes all the audio signals to the recievers u get with the package (not the tv's) and sends the video signal to the tv. and i guess u blew ur tv's speaker by plugging in ur boombox, turning up the volume on ur tv and turning up the volume on the boombox. those things cant take that much.

[quote name='mer71']I got that Walmart brand (Durabrand) HT-395 for $35 brand new in box on Ebay. It was worth the money.[/quote]
I think I'll have to try this set.

I ended up splurging and getting a 300 watt RCA system at Walmart. It was marked at 169 but much to my delight it rang up as 149.

YOU CAN GET JUST ABOUT ANY STEREO SYSTEM NOWADYS THAT HAVE HOOKUPS FOR YOUR TV, THATS HOW I HAVE MINES, MINES ALSO HAS A HOOKUP FOR USB TO HOOK UP A COMPUTER GOT IT FOR 200 ABOUT A YEAR AGO PRETTY GOOD QUALITY

[quote name='yeahokthenfu']YOU CAN GET JUST ABOUT ANY STEREO SYSTEM NOWADYS THAT HAVE HOOKUPS FOR YOUR TV, THATS HOW I HAVE MINES, MINES ALSO HAS A HOOKUP FOR USB TO HOOK UP A COMPUTER GOT IT FOR 200 ABOUT A YEAR AGO PRETTY GOOD QUALITY[/quote]stop yelling, the kids are trying to sleep

:evil:

I have to agree with one of the above posters about checking target. All of the targets around me have just redone their audio sections and are having great clearance deals on their old surround sound systems.

Last week, I got a NIB phillips with 5.1,progressive scan 5 disc changer, DTS, and some other pretty good bells and whistles. It originally retailed for $379. It was dropped to $299, then $208, and I got the last one for a final drop of $149.99. It is really a great system for the price. They had some other systems for some really great clearance prices, so check out your local target and see what you can find in the clearance section.

They also had a non-clearance 5.1 RCA system with DVD for $99.

[quote name='Richter'][quote name='yeahokthenfu']YOU CAN GET JUST ABOUT ANY STEREO SYSTEM NOWADYS THAT HAVE HOOKUPS FOR YOUR TV, THATS HOW I HAVE MINES, MINES ALSO HAS A HOOKUP FOR USB TO HOOK UP A COMPUTER GOT IT FOR 200 ABOUT A YEAR AGO PRETTY GOOD QUALITY[/quote]stop yelling, the kids are trying to sleep

:evil:[/quote]

Yeah... besides.. we're not talking about buying "mines". We're talking about buying an economy home theater system. Speaking of purchases, try buying a couple extra punctuation marks before you post next time, ok?

bread's done
Back