Help choosing processors.

whiteboy

CAGiversary!
I need some help selecting a processor and motherboard. All i do on my computer is surf the web, play games (online and offline), type word documents and watch movies (DVDs, divx, mpeg, etc.). i dont want top of the line but i want it to handle modern games pretty good.

Reccomendations on where to find them cheap would also be appreciated.
Thanks!

Yeah, I got an AMD processor from newegg and a Soyo Dragon motherboard at a very reasonable price a while back, have been very happy with it.

could you guys tell me how much Ghz (or mhz) i should get or refer me to a certain processor? thanks.

[quote name='whiteboy']I need some help selecting a processor and motherboard. All i do on my computer is surf the web, play games (online and offline), type word documents and watch movies (DVDs, divx, mpeg, etc.). i dont want top of the line but i want it to handle modern games pretty good.

Thanks![/quote]

There is an Intel 2.4 GHz cpu that could be overclocked to 3.6 GHz.

[quote name='racerman8'][quote name='whiteboy']I need some help selecting a processor and motherboard. All i do on my computer is surf the web, play games (online and offline), type word documents and watch movies (DVDs, divx, mpeg, etc.). i dont want top of the line but i want it to handle modern games pretty good.

Thanks![/quote]

There is an Intel 2.4 GHz cpu that could be overclocked to 3.6 GHz.[/quote]

The problem with overclocking is you need to have a very good cooling and everclocking can shorter the life of the proc it self.

if u want to play modern games (i.e. doom 3 or half life 2) u should think about just saving up for a good processor, otherwise anything from a 2500+ is good.

bread's done
Back