* * * * - 25 votes

Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

Anime

#6091 fishphoenix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

fishphoenix

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:54 AM

I think Hellsing Ultimate is worth it right now. One of the better OVAs out there. Planning on buying it soon since the final volume will be coming out. You can get volumes 1-8 on blu ray for about $57 total right now on Amazon. And don't forget, each episode is around 45 or 50 minutes long. 

#6092 themaster20000   You sleeping yet? CAGiversary!   2537 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

themaster20000

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:23 AM

If you like character growth, well thought out plots, and superb storytelling - no.  Otherwise if you are looking for some good over-the top characters and action framed in a bit of a horror setting (as in they're vampires, but it's not Nosferatu) then yes.  And as Chris said, they're both pretty good.  Between the two I think I like Ultimate better (though I've only watched up to where Geneon left off).

Late 2015 you think, Chris?  If I had to make a guess I would think it would be out by summer of next year

I can't see them doing the release that quickly. They're going try to get every penny they can out of this release first before they even think about doing the re-release.

#6093 jflooooooooo  

jflooooooooo

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

I can't see them doing the release that quickly. They're going try to get every penny they can out of this release first before they even think about doing the re-release.

I'm not sure I was almost positive they were going to do a full complete ova set for halloween. something with an art box, a small booklet with some concept sketches, some of the patches that they used to release. this anime is good, like really good imo. ova's are generally hit or miss but this has been so good that I can't see why they won't do something along those lines. if all else fails we still have the anime classics release to wait out for but then again if they do go that route i would like to collect the individual sets. 

#6094 Frozdragon   Fuji-cakes!!! CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Frozdragon

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

And boy, the LE box I have for the first 8 OVA's will sure look silly once the last two come out. =/

Maybe funi will say "F" it and release another box fitting all 3 with 9-10. No chance it'll happen but one can still hope lol.

#6095 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36690 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

Okami-San (BR+DVD) is $26.78 at Amazon, with orders shipping within 2-3 days.

#6096 Noperino   Whoop, nope. CAGiversary!   1390 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

Anyone watch this series? It's been in my cart for months. I just never heard anyone talk about it but the trailer made it look promising.

#6097 Frozdragon   Fuji-cakes!!! CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Frozdragon

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

Anyone watch this series? It's been in my cart for months. I just never heard anyone talk about it but the trailer made it look promising.

It's pretty good, it's one of those with fairly good comedy/ funny narration w. A dash of raunchy. strong girl lead,weak male lead , but male Gaines confidence and makes girl fall for em.

#6098 Fatal Futanari   What cha got there Senpai? CAGiversary!   7647 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Fatal Futanari

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

Cheaper at TRSI ($23.99)

http://www.rightstuf...ame=fun06965alt

#6099 DNukem170   Banned Banned   8864 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

DNukem170

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

Okami is OK, but nothing special. It ends on a season finale rather than a series finale, though.

#6100 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

I wasn't impressed with Okami. Watched several episodes on Netflix, but didn't find it interesting enough to finish. Perpetually angry, distant girl + shy, timid boy who likes her =  we know where this is going. 

#6101 mdmrn   Conservative Gamer CAGiversary!   671 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

Attack on Titan DVD/BD sale from Funimation

Here's the highlight, IMO:

• Attack on Titan Volume 1: Standard Edition - $24.99 (BD+DVD combo pack)
  • Attack on Titan Volume 2: Standard Edition Pre-Order - $24.99 (BD+DVD combo pack)

#6102 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3812 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

Anyone watch this series?

It's ok but needs more story. Unless they are releasing an additional season, I would pass on what is currently available.

#6103 Ashlla  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

Attack on Titan DVD/BD sale from Funimation

Here's the highlight, IMO:

• Attack on Titan Volume 1: Standard Edition - $24.99 (BD+DVD combo pack)
  • Attack on Titan Volume 2: Standard Edition Pre-Order - $24.99 (BD+DVD combo pack)

Nice find, shipping kills it for me though 

#6104 Noperino   Whoop, nope. CAGiversary!   1390 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

I got it for $16 since I had some Amazon credit. I might watch a few episodes on Netflix just to see if I actually want it or not (since it will take a few days for it to ship). Thanks for the feedback, guys.

#6105 lolitsronald  

lolitsronald

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:39 PM

STOP any anime purchases you are buying and buy a copy of the Love Live premium edition... It's going out of print right at this moment. Rightstuf has like 18 copies left. NISA Store sold out of the premium concert editions... :( Even if you didn't like the show... You can just flip it! :O

#6106 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11310 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:51 PM

Love Live is great. 

#6107 neoz   I Know Kung Fu CAGiversary!   1593 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:37 AM

STOP any anime purchases you are buying and buy a copy of the Love Live premium edition... It's going out of print right at this moment. Rightstuf has like 18 copies left. NISA Store sold out of the premium concert editions... :( Even if you didn't like the show... You can just flip it! :O

Love Live is great. 

Yep, I love the show. Since RS is out I went with NIS. I wanted the CD but I'm happy with the poster.

#6108 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1687 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:12 AM

Didn't think Love Live would go OOP this soon (I underestimated its popularity) Ended up buying a copy from NISA with tax :( 

Edit: This purchase pushed me for another coupon so I guess it worked out alright lol. Poster isn't a bad plus either~

#6109 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11310 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:16 AM

Hope for a standard edition? :lol:

#6110 elessar123  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

I thought I had ordered it, but I didn't find it in my gmail search, so I went ahead and ordered two copies. There were 4 left, and I didn't want to take the time to find something I wanted for free shipping.

#6111 neoz   I Know Kung Fu CAGiversary!   1593 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

Didn't think Love Live would go OOP this soon (I underestimated its popularity) Ended up buying a copy from NISA with tax :( 

Edit: This purchase pushed me for another coupon so I guess it worked out alright lol. Poster isn't a bad plus either~

Nor did I. That was real surprise considering it was on RS for so long...

#6112 shawnmelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   547 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

shawnmelo

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:05 AM

I thought I had ordered it, but I didn't find it in my gmail search, so I went ahead and ordered two copies. There were 4 left, and I didn't want to take the time to find something I wanted for free shipping.

how do the nisa coupons work. i bought 2 copies of danganronpa and i got a $20 coupon from them. what is the criteria for coupons because if it isnt that bad i will just purchase all of my nis games from them since im in no rush to have stuff day one since school started for me today

#6113 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1687 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:10 AM

how do the nisa coupons work. i bought 2 copies of danganronpa and i got a $20 coupon from them. what is the criteria for coupons because if it isnt that bad i will just purchase all of my nis games from them since im in no rush to have stuff day one since school started for me today

Pretty much every time you buy from them you get points and earn coupons. You can either email them or enter the coupon at checkout to have it deducted from your order. 

#6114 shawnmelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   547 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

shawnmelo

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:13 AM

Pretty much every time you buy from them you get points and earn coupons. You can either email them or enter the coupon at checkout to have it deducted from your order. 

i guess i should have clarified since that part i understand since i used the $20 already on danganronpa trigger happy havoc. what i meant to ask was, how many point equate to a coupon and when do they usually give you a coupon after spending how much money?

Edit: I googled it and found my answer, sorry to bother you. I should have just did that from the beginning , but it didnt occur to me since i was studying lol

#6115 themaster20000   You sleeping yet? CAGiversary!   2537 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

themaster20000

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:15 AM

Directly off of the site "You will receive 5 Reward Points for every dollar spent on the NISA Online Store. Once your point total has exceeded 500, you will automatically receive a $5.00 Gift Certificate voucher code by email that can be applied to future purchases. Gift Certificate codes will expire one year from when they are created."

Speaking of NIS anime I was wondering how Hanasaku Iroka was?

#6116 neoz   I Know Kung Fu CAGiversary!   1593 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:16 AM

Quick question.

I didn't have an account set up with NIS when I ordered this. Is there any other way to check on the status or will I have to call them and get it all sorted out that way.

I ask because I paid with paypal and it didn't require me to set up an account.

#6117 Frozdragon   Fuji-cakes!!! CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Frozdragon

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:33 AM

Sooo funi has a sale going on for up to 50% off attack on titan stuff until sept 4th. It's only 49.99$ with art box.

Aot 1 standard 25$
AoT 1 limited 45$
AoT 2 standard 25$
Aot 2 limited 45$ / w. Box 50$
50% off AoT shirts with dvd/blu ray purchase

Get em if u haven't got em yet

****note shipping is free AFTER 50$ so it will be +3.75 for s&h (they don't count tax)
Total should be 57.86 in the US

Edit: I didn't notice someone posted this already but still this is the full breakdown.

#6118 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:14 AM

^Here's the link http://www.funimatio...OT_LaborDaySale

#6119 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3062 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:36 AM

Wow, at first I thought it said Love Hina, and was going to laugh.

#6120 rockykai   Banned Banned   384 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

rockykai

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

There is still a few nice items marked down on SS (like Gundam Seed Complete Collection parts I and II) in case anyone wants them.  They should go with the B2G1 for $1 sale too.

If they are still around, I might nab them later on since I don't think that they will be cheaper by year's end.