* * * * - 25 votes

Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

Anime

#18691 Raye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   803 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

I asked this question before but it didn't get answered -

Has Viz fixed their Sailor moon sets yet? I love the series but don't want to have to import

If you mean that they issued new discs to replace their crappy ghosting issues... Nope. Just import if you want the best version. I'm OK with mine as the first two seasons are a big upgrade over my ADV copies.

RayeKasai.png

#18692 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2433 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:30 PM

Got my blind box items in.

Ellcia DVD
Eyeshield 21 eps. 14-26 DVD
Hiiro no Kakera season 1 Bluray
Majestic Prince eps. 13-24 Bluray
Time Bokan: Royal Revival Bluray

Only one I've even heard of was Eyeshield. To be honest I started regretting buying five blind boxes as soon as I did it, because I wouldn't have anything to do with the inevitable random volumes of shows I haven't seen. But it's all good.

#18693 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8623 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:48 AM

Did not realize Code Geass: Akito the Exiled was coming out in June

#18694 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1268 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:30 AM

Has anyone's Sentai order been shipped yet from that sale last weekend? I'm surprised I haven't received an email letting me know, especially when they're tacking on a $7.xx shipping charge.

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#18695 Girls with Guns   Girls With Guns CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Girls with Guns

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:56 AM

Nothing yet - although I didn't place my order until Sunday evening... They probably have a big backlog of orders to process from that sale... 

#18696 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

Yeah I've been stalking the order status waiting for my crap to ship. Guessing same thing as GwG, backlog + they probably aren't efficient at shipping things out. Are they partnered w/ Rightstuf?

#18697 elessar123  

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

Anytime I've ordered from Sentai, it came in a Rightstuf box with priority mail shipping. Though it does take about a week before it actually ships.

elessar123.pnggpOYCAm.jpg

#18698 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11187 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:01 PM

Big O (Blu-ray) $45.99

https://www.amazon.c...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

"Evil is Funs"

#18699 elessar123  

Posted Yesterday, 05:13 PM

Oh hey, 08th MS Team on Blu-ray!

elessar123.pnggpOYCAm.jpg

#18700 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39327 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:19 PM

08th is the only Gundam I've seen that I've liked...The other I've seen being Wing which I thought was awful.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#18701 themaster20000   You sleeping yet? CAGiversary!   2534 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

themaster20000

Posted Yesterday, 05:26 PM

08th MS Team was bogged down by the hilariously forced romance,generic bad guy,along with a forced happy ending. Worth watching once,wouldn't sit through it again.

ezgif.com-resize.gifezgif.com-resize1.gif

"No matter how wonderful everything in your movie may be, if your script sucks ass, your movie will suck ass."

"No matter how good a film is, it will always be bad. It will always be hated because it didn't live up to the incredibly high expectations."

#18702 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2115 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 PM

I've always liked 08th MS team. I did wait until the price dropped on the pre-order, though. No way was I going to spend 60+ on that series, especially when I already have it on DVD.

#18703 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1268 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted Yesterday, 07:52 PM

Too many Dragon Ball Z box sets. I've searched online, but the whole thing's a confusing mess with all the DBZ remasters, kai, blurays, etc...

Which box sets do I need to hunt down if I want the Frieza/Android/Cell sagas on DVD with the Bruce Faulconer music and original Funi dubs that initially aired on Toonami (ie. original Frieza voice, etc)? I'm sure the DVD sets are long OOP, but I'd like to know which ones I'd have to track down. I still have several of the single VHS/DVD copies from years back, but I assume at some point these versions did come out in box set form? 

Though it does take about a week before it actually ships.

Oh, well. Good to know. At least it's not Deep Discount, where it's very hit or miss, and I'm never sure if the items will ever ship or not.

#18704 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4189 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:21 PM

Re: Sentai order - I got mine last week.  Packages usually arrive within a week of ordering (give or take a few days with a weekend).

Re: DBZ - As far as I know, the Toonami versions were edited and were never released on DVD. The uncut versions with Faulconer music and initial dub had one DVD release (which are OOP) while the "orange bricks" had a redub with the option of the Faulconer soundtrack or Japanese soundtrack.

themaster20000 - Check your private messages.

#18705 SPARDA3g   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SPARDA3g

Posted Yesterday, 08:42 PM

Is K-On any good? Saw it on sale. Also, how is Colorful?

#18706 nagpo  

Posted Yesterday, 08:46 PM

Too many Dragon Ball Z box sets. I've searched online, but the whole thing's a confusing mess with all the DBZ remasters, kai, blurays, etc...

Which box sets do I need to hunt down if I want the Frieza/Android/Cell sagas on DVD with the Bruce Faulconer music and original Funi dubs that initially aired on Toonami (ie. original Frieza voice, etc)? I'm sure the DVD sets are long OOP, but I'd like to know which ones I'd have to track down. I still have several of the single VHS/DVD copies from years back, but I assume at some point these versions did come out in box set form? 

Oh, well. Good to know. At least it's not Deep Discount, where it's very hit or miss, and I'm never sure if the items will ever ship or not.

Toonami aired a few different dubs I think. But if you're talking about the ones with faulconer, sabat and schemmel, I guess your best bet would be the orange bricks. I actually have all those sets and would be willing to sell them to you. I personally am looking to upgrade to kai.

The other sets I think either remove faulconers music or revise the dub even more. Even I find keeping track of DBZ releases a bit difficult and I've been keeping track of the franchise since I was a kid. I know none of the releases of the original series by funimation have been flawless. Probably the best one being the dragon box release which was limited and expensive as heck.

Check out my Ebay profile!

For sale now:

Mobile Suit Gundam The 08th MS Team

Code Geass R2 Blu-Ray

Outlaw Star

#18707 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1268 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted Yesterday, 09:31 PM

Re: DBZ - As far as I know, the Toonami versions were edited and were never released on DVD. 

The other sets I think either remove faulconers music or revise the dub even more. 

Thanks--it sounds like those original VHS tapes and those single-disc edition DVDs (circa 2001-2004) are the probably closest I'm going to get to the initial TV airings. I've been tempted to buy the orange boxes, but weren't those the editions where Funi enlarged the picture frame, leading to image cropping?

I don't think any anime has had so many mind-numbing releases than DBZ. Yikes. Maybe I'll just fill in the rest of my VHS collection via eBay, even if it's only the Frieza episodes.

#18708 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted Yesterday, 10:57 PM

Thanks--it sounds like those original VHS tapes and those single-disc edition DVDs (circa 2001-2004) are the probably closest I'm going to get to the initial TV airings. I've been tempted to buy the orange boxes, but weren't those the editions where Funi enlarged the picture frame, leading to image cropping?

I don't think any anime has had so many mind-numbing releases than DBZ. Yikes. Maybe I'll just fill in the rest of my VHS collection via eBay, even if it's only the Frieza episodes.

I remember listening to Kai and the Cell fight (the finale) had a different set of music to the ramp up than I remembered from watching the show on TV. It was such a huge turn off because the other music had this awesome dramatic build up after Vegeta enters the picture. Don't know if that's the Bruce music you're alluding to or not, but yeah, that music is key.

#18709 nagpo  

Posted Today, 12:02 AM

Yes the orange brick sets have a lot of problems. Cropping is not their only issue.

I remember listening to Kai and the Cell fight (the finale) had a different set of music to the ramp up than I remembered from watching the show on TV. It was such a huge turn off because the other music had this awesome dramatic build up after Vegeta enters the picture. Don't know if that's the Bruce music you're alluding to or not, but yeah, that music is key.

I think it is the Bruce music you're alluding to. Kai uses an original score I believe. Funimation had the sense not to mess with it this time.

Check out my Ebay profile!

For sale now:

Mobile Suit Gundam The 08th MS Team

Code Geass R2 Blu-Ray

Outlaw Star

#18710 Insanity999   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Insanity999

Posted Today, 02:24 AM

The rightstuf sentai flash sale has some nice prices (some cheaper than even the sentai flashsale). Plus they give you 5 bucks for 50 spent. Kokoro connect TV series for example is 10 bucks, and yet somehow the OVA series is 20 lol. Must be a pricing mistake.

#18711 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1501 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:32 AM

Is this actually a good rightstuf sale I see? These sentai prices are better than last weeks. Actually pretty decent. Better than their holiday sale.

#18712 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   961 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:36 AM

There was also the DBZ rock the dragon edition (iirc) that funi put out which featured the redone music and dub (not sure if it's the redone version you want though).

#18713 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2911 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:05 AM

Some prices are a bit lower, some are a bit higher on the rightstuf sale, but their shipping is cheaper, and their threshold for free shipping is much lower, as well.

I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#18714 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1268 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted Today, 05:44 AM

There was also the DBZ rock the dragon edition (iirc) that funi put out which featured the redone music and dub (not sure if it's the redone version you want though).

The Rock the Dragon edition was great, I purchased that back in 2013. It features the original Ocean Dub, which is pure nostalgia. 

#18715 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   35720 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:18 PM

Some prices are a bit lower, some are a bit higher on the rightstuf sale, but their shipping is cheaper, and their threshold for free shipping is much lower, as well.

Wasn't the free shipping threshold $75 on Sentai's website, as well?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing:  :ds: Dragon Quest VI :ps4: Attack on Titan; Tales of Berseria :vita: Guacamelee (DLC); Persona 4 Golden (NG+); Sky Force Anniversary

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: NiOh (4.5/5) :vita: Severed (4.5/5)

#18716 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1501 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:47 PM

Wasn't the free shipping threshold $75 on Sentai's website, as well?

Rightstuf's is $50 if you're in the US.

Does anyone remember how much Tamako Market Bluray was on the last sale?