* * * * - 25 votes

Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

Anime

#19591 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:28 AM

Is this only a movie or is there a series behind it? That clip was pretty damn amazing.

Its a movie based off a 6 vol manga I really recommend reading it, I enjoyed it so much I read it in 1 night. Its on crunchyrolls manga app for free. 

Anime:

Spoiler

Steam:

Spoiler

Wanna trade some steam games? Click here CAG's always get priority 

#19592 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39946 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:32 AM

Any word on when the bluray will be out in the US? Looking at ticket prices I might as well just wait and buy it instead.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#19593 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3014 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:13 AM

Didn't the video say oct 30th? This two set of weeks is going to be amazing. Silent Voice, followed by Your Name.

I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#19594 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39946 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:18 AM

It did, but looks like that's the UK release. Can't find anything on a US release.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#19595 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:43 AM

Dub clip of A Silent Voice. 

Shoko is voiced by a deaf person and I think that is amazing. Almost teared up hearing Shoko speak. Can't wait to watch the movie again with the dub.

I can't wait to pick this up. I've read the manga and loved it. 

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#19596 SPARDA3g   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   175 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

SPARDA3g

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:32 PM

I feel like a total fan for having the import limited edition of it and it came with a bonus calendar. Yeah, I'm hyped to see it again on the big screen no less.

#19597 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

Its a movie based off a 6 vol manga I really recommend reading it, I enjoyed it so much I read it in 1 night. Its on crunchyrolls manga app for free. 

Sweet. I pre-ordered it off Amazon UK.

#19598 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10384 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:05 PM

Death Note Complete Series Blu Ray for around $30 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.c...th note blu ray

#19599 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:24 PM

Death Note Complete Series Blu Ray for around $30 on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.c...th note blu ray

Dang too bad this isn't the omega edition

Anime:

Spoiler

Steam:

Spoiler

Wanna trade some steam games? Click here CAG's always get priority 

#19600 ARsignal11   Pirate King CAGiversary!   607 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

ARsignal11

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:00 PM

Does anyone know if the new Studio Ghibli release of Princess Mononoke fixed the english subtitle issue and not use the Disney script?

#19601 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1716 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:07 PM

All the fate stay night heaven's feel tickets sold out around me. ;_;

I didn't expect the demand to be this high. A-anyone want to sell me a ticket for new york village east cinema?

#19602 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:18 AM

All the fate stay night heaven's feel tickets sold out around me. ;_;

I didn't expect the demand to be this high. A-anyone want to sell me a ticket for new york village east cinema?

Woah, thanks for the heads up. I had no idea this was getting a North American release! I'm really happy about all these N.A. releases of JP films btw! Such an awesome trend. Managed to snag a ticket locally for Nov. 20th. Almost completely sold out.

#19603 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3014 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:34 AM

Does anyone know if the new Studio Ghibli release of Princess Mononoke fixed the english subtitle issue and not use the Disney script?

Everything I've read said that, yes, they fixed the subtitles.

I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#19604 ARsignal11   Pirate King CAGiversary!   607 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

ARsignal11

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:06 PM

Everything I've read said that, yes, they fixed the subtitles.

Thanks for the confirmation. I managed to also come to the same conclusion by reading a few reviews here and there, so I went ahead and purchased it. I haven't bought many of the Ghibli films, but have seen most of them and Princess Mononoke has been my favorite of the bunch. I was disappointed to hear about the initial subtitle fiasco with the first blu-ray release, but am glad this new version seems to have kept the fantastic dub as well as fix the english subtitles so I can fully enjoy it in Japanese as well.

#19605 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2472 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

The new version apparently comes with the English hearing-impaired "dubtitles", as well as the direct Japanese-translation subtitles. So you have the option of using either. I am seriously considering double-dipping on these. Apparently there isn't much difference in the audio or video, but that subtitle option is really nice for someone who never listens to these in English.

#19606 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

I guess they used the same version as the Hayao Miyazaki collection then?

#19607 Tweeg  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:39 AM

Sentai Filmworks DVD Blowout Sale returns with a vengeance. All DVD titles now up to 75% off!

https://shop.sentaif...Sale-Carousel-1

9d5acdf5-ce4e-4ea4-8732-9f12d25291cb.jpg

#19608 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10384 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:16 AM

10 bucka or bust :lol:

#19609 lockheart47   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   97 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

lockheart47

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:40 AM

I hope part 2 is 75% off blu rays. Red rays need to hurry up and come out so we can get sweet deals

#19610 Tweeg  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:19 AM

I hope part 2 is 75% off blu rays. Red rays need to hurry up and come out so we can get sweet deals

"Red Rays" Are already here man, but if some dude in a suit of plastic armor show up to deliver, don't answer the door.

star-wars-stormtrooper-design-original-t

No seriously, red laser has already been done, that was DVD. A blue-ish Laser is used for HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. The next light intensity laser being discussed for optical medium read/write is something in the green color spectrum, however Microsoft and several other companies are presently exploring development of a new data chip based playback technology to replace optical media.

#19611 Girls with Guns   Girls With Guns CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Girls with Guns

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:45 AM

The next light intensity laser being discussed for optical medium read/write is something in the green color spectrum, however Microsoft and several other companies are presently exploring development of a new data chip based playback technology to replace optical media.

nes-game-paks.jpg

:-k

#19612 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:58 AM

No seriously, red laser has already been done, that was DVD. A blue-ish Laser is used for HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. The next light intensity laser being discussed for optical medium read/write is something in the green color spectrum, however Microsoft and several other companies are presently exploring development of a new data chip based playback technology to replace optical media.

Wouldn't UV be next? Green has a longer wavelength than blue

#19613 Tweeg  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:08 PM

Wouldn't UV be next? Green has a longer wavelength than blue

I don't pretend to understand the logic behind it, just telling you what I read in a technology report somewhere. Also UV is being used by Blu-Ray 4K players to allow for quadruple-layer media. Mmm yes quad data layer optical media, the perfect future candidate for "disc rot" issues. The standard Blue laser used in Blu-Ray players can read/write data to & from triple-layer disc media.

#19614 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

I don't pretend to understand the logic behind it, just telling you what I read in a technology report somewhere.

Fair enough.

#19615 erehwon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3111 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:01 AM

I visited a garage sale this morning that regularly has anime, games, and comics.  I picked up J2: the Counterattack of Siberia Yagyu Jubei-Chan 2 and Nadia The Secret of Blue Water for $2 a disk. The books were $2 as well.  Nadia was a bit of an impulse buy, but it looked interesting and was complete. Are these series good? 

th_20171021_195036_zps2a8ugiwb.jpg

I haven't been doing much anime buying lately.  I've been using more streaming.  I've liked vrv since I get crunchyroll and funimation.

#19616 Tweeg  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:55 AM

Rather obvious that NISA seems to have backed off from licensing anymore anime for the North American market. Any opinions on whether they'll continue to pursue being a anime publisher or drop out? Any thoughts as to what titles they'll put on sale in the next month or so?

Last year was the very first year I ordered any of their anime, and apparently was the second time they had offered a deeply discounted, compared to their MSRP that is, bundle of titles. The bundle was offered during their annual Holiday Sale which began on Cyber Monday and ended on Friday of the same week. The bundle was titled as "Single Season Set 2" and included all of the following titles for the sum total of $87.94.:

• BRAVE 10 Complete Series Premium Edition (BD)
  • Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress Premium Edition (BD)
  • Everyday tales of a Cat God Premium Edition (BD)
  • The Troubled Life of Miss Kotoura Complete Premium Edition (BD)
  • House of Five Leaves Standard Edition (DVD)

Does anyone know what titles were offered in their original "Single Season Set"? Also any speculations on what titles they may bundle up this year, assuming they offer up another such bundle at all?

I visited a garage sale this morning that regularly has anime, games, and comics.  I picked up J2: the Counterattack of Siberia Yagyu Jubei-Chan 2 and Nadia The Secret of Blue Water for $2 a disk. The books were $2 as well.  Nadia was a bit of an impulse buy, but it looked interesting and was complete. Are these series good? 

I haven't been doing much anime buying lately.  I've been using more streaming.  I've liked vrv since I get crunchyroll and funimation.

Awesome finds! I have yet to watch Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water myself, but it has been recommended to me by several friends over the years. Super nice find on getting the chipboard box with the J2 series.

• JCG likes this

#19617 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:29 AM

Jubei-chan is a great series (enjoyed the first season more than the second though), but you'll want to watch the first series before the second

#19618 erehwon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3111 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

Jubei-chan is a great series (enjoyed the first season more than the second though), but you'll want to watch the first series before the second

I think I'll do that.  Know any good streaming options for the dub?  It is on crunchyroll, but I prefer watching in english.

#19619 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

I've never seen anything other than old clothes and Christmas lights at yard sales. Nice find.

#19620 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20682 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

Board games are always my jam at yard/garage sales.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler