Recommendations for Moving Companies?

the_grimace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
I've been gearing up for a big move to Texas that has been in the works for nearly 6 months now. We are about 4 weeks out, so plans for moving have commenced, unfortunately, the costs are racking up MUCH higher than our original estimates.

I've done some big moves before, but now that I have a two bedroom house to move, this will be our first time using a full fledged mover. I figured originally that the moving cost would be around $1500 for Illinois to Texas, but our quotes we've gotten have been all around $2500. Seems really expensive to us, but we decided long ago we just would rather pay the money then suffer the stress of moving everything ourselves, and we don't want to sell our stuff and rebuy either.

That being said, anyone have good recommendations for cross country movers? I've been hearing lots of good things about ABF Upack, and so far they are at the the top of my list. Let me know your thoughts, and thank you!

We used United to move half way across country. It was not cheap, around $4500, but it was well worth it.  You can save a LOT of money by packing yourselves, but they won't be responsible for the contents inside of boxes.  I can't remember what they charge to pack, but it's not cheap.

bread's done
Back