GameStop Ad 6/19 - 6/25

I was expecting suckage, but FC3 and AC3 are pretty sweet deals imo, I'd bet some would disagree about AC3 though.

hmm...wonder if BB will pricematch Far Cry 3?  I picked it up at Target during the $19.99 Amazon mistake but wouldnt mind PMing at BB so I can get RZ points and then return the Target copy as its still sealed.

Looks like I will pick up FC3 for myself, so I'm guessing the Preowned price didn't drop below $19.99?

Last edited by a moderator:
is farcry 3 a permenant drop ?
Not sure but I know a couple months ago, one manager said they were planning on dropping the prices because there was a complete edition coming out.
A complete edition...of what? Asides from XBLA stand alone and preorder bonuses there's hasn't been any DLC?

EDIT: oh you probably mean bundled with 2

just traded in FC3 for about $22 the other day, i made $2 off of it since i got it for $20 from a friend. I might hop on AC3 (again) for that price, and maybe Angry Birds Trilogy for my son.

Assassin's Creed III is tempting. Does it have an online pass for the multiplayer? I actually love multiplayer for the AC games and would buy a used copy if it doesn't.

Assassin's Creed III is tempting. Does it have an online pass for the multiplayer? I actually love multiplayer for the AC games and would buy a used copy if it doesn't.
it does, sorry buddy, just buy it new for 19.99. the mp is pretty damn good.

I hope the tiv for the walking dead holds tomorrow since i was planing on trading it in.
trade it in now!...from past experience, their tiv drops, when sales occur. to prevent same day buy/trades.

I would get AC 3, but still haven't started Brotherhood or AC revelations. I picked up revelations for $10 last time during the bestbuy sale  :rofl:

I have a b2g1 coupon that expires at the end of the month. I have to look up some reviews for Far Cry, cause I hated FC 2.
Far Cry 3 is alot of peoples game of the year, to describe it, it's not like other games where there is ONE aspect that is PERFECT with other part's dragging it down, instead, EVERYTHING (that I can think of) was fantastic, even the driving in the game was actually enjoyable (There is just SOOOO much about this game that can be praised!). BTW someone said amazon mistake, was the $19.99 I got it for a week ago not meant to be on sale for that?

I have a b2g1 coupon that expires at the end of the month. I have to look up some reviews for Far Cry, cause I hated FC 2.
Far Cry 3 is alot of peoples game of the year, to describe it, it's not like other games where there is ONE aspect that is PERFECT with other part's dragging it down, instead, EVERYTHING (that I can think of) was fantastic, even the driving in the game was actually enjoyable (There is just SOOOO much about this game that can be praised!). BTW someone said amazon mistake, was the $19.99 I got it for a week ago not meant to be on sale for that?
Far Cry 3 is good but I think it gets overpraised. Ubisoft in general seems like it sucks at graphics (i dont like the animated touch far cry had). Gameplay wise though it was good but not amazing IMO.

so it's 10000x times better than Far Cry 2?
My only complaint is that the beginning is a little slow, and - I don't know if this is just me - I died from short falls constantly early on. But deaths aren't especially punishing, so its not a big deal. I liked Far Cry 2 okay, but I can't recommend 3 enough, and I'm fairly hard to please :)

Far Cry 3 currently has a $21.54 TiV at amazon.

Gosh darn it. I just bought Far Cry 3 when it was $20 on Amazon and it just got shipped out today.
Lock a trade in now, buy a used one from gamestop with whatever discount's you plan to use when the price drop's and send it off, paying for the copy you bought from amazon with extra left over. Essentially ending up having paid the used price at game stop for a brand new one from amazon.

Far Cry 3 currently has a $21.54 TiV at amazon.

Gosh darn it. I just bought Far Cry 3 when it was $20 on Amazon and it just got shipped out today.
Lock a trade in now, buy a used one from gamestop with whatever discount's you plan to use when the price drop's and send it off, paying for the copy you bought from amazon with extra left over. Essentially ending up having paid the used price at game stop for a brand new one from amazon.
Not worth the effort.

Assuming the used prices drop accordingly, I might finally have something to use my PUR B2G1 coupon on: Far Cry 3, Ass Creed 3, and Angry Birds for the little guy.

I have a few extra online passes. PM me if you pick it up and need one.

with my 10$ pur used game coupon, birthday coupon and 10% off a used fc3 would be under 6$, im in !
According to my math, via MS Calculator, it'd be $2.96 before tax after those 3 discounts. So way under $6 even with NY/CA tax.
remember, used it should be 17.99 by the 19th. the 10$ comes off first, the 20% off second and then the 10% pur. the discounts come off separate so its gonna be more than what you calculated

hmm...wonder if BB will pricematch Far Cry 3? I picked it up at Target during the $19.99 Amazon mistake but wouldnt mind PMing at BB so I can get RZ points and then return the Target copy as its still sealed.
1. Why didn't you just PM at BBY in the first place?
2. The gas for a trip to Target, then BBY, then time to do the PM, just for the RZ points? Does not compute.

I really hope the used priced drops as well, I locked my trade into Amazon. I have been wanting to play this game for awhile and being able to make a couple dollars profit to use towards a PS4 preorder.

hmm...wonder if BB will pricematch Far Cry 3? I picked it up at Target during the $19.99 Amazon mistake but wouldnt mind PMing at BB so I can get RZ points and then return the Target copy as its still sealed.
2. The gas for a trip to Target, then BBY, then time to do the PM, just for the RZ points? Does not compute.
The nearest BBY is over an hour from my house but close to my girlfriend's. I was only close to Target the day that Amazon had the $19.99 price error.

not to mention if you use credit then you dont get the measly 20 rz points anyway. if using cash why not just go straight to gamestop instead of price matching ?
I dont have any BBY credit either right now, so I'm still gonna be out $20 cash anyway. Might as well get some RZ points for it if I can.

Nice.  I have a paid in full Project X Zone preorder I am cancelling and might have to actually take up one their weekly ad sales for once.  I can cancel and get both Far Cry 3 and AC 3 without having to pay anything extra.  Not a bad deal.

The nearest BBY is over an hour from my house but close to my girlfriend's. I was only close to Target the day that Amazon had the $19.99 price error.

not to mention if you use credit then you dont get the measly 20 rz points anyway. if using cash why not just go straight to gamestop instead of price matching ?
I dont have any BBY credit either right now, so I'm still gonna be out $20 cash anyway. Might as well get some RZ points for it if I can.
My argument remains: 20 points equates to 40 cents if you assume a generous 1:1 exchange rate between rz points and cash. How long can you drive for 40 cents of gas?

Anyone know what time GS will update their site?

Edit:  I just ended up putting a hold on a copy at my local store and I will pick it up tomorrow. Also does anyone know why my signature won't update? Possible growing pains for the new CAG?

Its ten million times better then 2. I Loved the first Far Cry, and i rented 2. 2 I couldn't return fast enough, damned malaria and save points ruined it. Although the brush fires were a great addition. lol.

bread's done
Back