Playstation Talk - PS4 PSN Games Backwards Compatibility & FFX HD

R3DNate

CAGiversary!
Just watch the video and you'll understand why I'm excited, but a little disappointed. This information was released to me by an employee at GameStop that was told this information by Sony and Microsoft. I don't think she was supposed to release the information though. It's pretty cool how FFXV is going to be a 1 year timed-exclusive to the PS4 and how FFX/FFX-2 HD Collection is also coming to PS4. I also clear up the Backwards compatibility issues with the PS4. Well, for the Xbox One there is none at all atm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyrFO4tcWJY

Just watch the video and you'll understand why I'm excited, but a little disappointed. This information was released to me by an employee at GameStop that was told this information by Sony and Microsoft. I don't think she was supposed to release the information though. It's pretty cool how FFXV is going to be a 1 year timed-exclusive to the PS4 and how FFX/FFX-2 HD Collection is also coming to PS4. I also clear up the Backwards compatibility issues with the PS4. Well, for the Xbox One there is none at all atm.

so pretty much ms was thinking ps4 would have some kind of usedgame stuff and after they heard they will not they chagned everything. So that must mean 24 hour check in thing is no longer needed which is good.

I don't think any of that information is true about the X1. That would be a massive undertaking I would think, and would piss off the more greedy publishers (cough EA cough).

I don't think any of that information is true about the X1. That would be a massive undertaking I would think, and would piss off the more greedy publishers (cough EA cough).
if none buys x1 Ea makes no money on used game sales. I think Ea would want x1 to sell well so they can make money on say dlc and microtransactions. Its very possible ms and big name publishers seen al thsi backlash and said we can't do this to people. another thing is after i seen this i went to go read that faq that ms released on friday before e3 to see if things changed on it and it's no longer on the website it's gone.

How the hell do you expect anyone to believe anything you just said based on apparently getting that info from a random Gamestop employee who probobly doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.

How the hell do you expect anyone to believe anything you just said based on apparently getting that info from a random Gamestop employee who probobly doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.
Exactly.

Retail is a place where a person will try to sell you something you don't want at almost any cost.

Because he got the old "wink and smile".

But in all seriousness... yeah, this is pretty stupid.

yeah, I seriously doubt xbox is gonna change their mind about the used games thing.. People were in an uproar before e3, so they had every opportunity to address the issue at e3, which they didn't.   

it's very possible it's not true but like i said that one FAQ thing ms came out with the friday before e3 that was up on xbox website is no longer up and i looked late last week and it was and since e3 it was taken down. 

TimboSliceGB said:
R3DNate said:

so pretty much ms was thinking ps4 would have some kind of usedgame stuff and after they heard they will not they chagned everything. So that must mean 24 hour check in thing is no longer needed which is good.
I asked about that and she said they're still having that once every 24 hours thing, which is stupid because say you have a terrible internet connection or don't even have internet. That's really limiting your market. 21 countries doesn't sound like a whole lot btw.

Bullshit. MS. Put out that lawyer written info dump and unless they update that I don't believe it.

Final Fantasy X was sucky and Final Fantasy X-2 was so bad it would make a gamer suicidal.

Blaster man said:
Bullshit. MS. Put out that lawyer written info dump and unless they update that I don't believe it.

Final Fantasy X was sucky and Final Fantasy X-2 was so bad it would make a gamer suicidal.
Your vocabulary is terrible and you should feel ashamed to say that FFX was a bad game. :(

Bullshit. MS. Put out that lawyer written info dump and unless they update that I don't believe it.Final Fantasy X was sucky and Final Fantasy X-2 was so bad it would make a gamer suicidal.
Your vocabulary is terrible and you should feel ashamed to say that FFX was a bad game. :(
I'm posting from my smartphone like most other people here right now. These things happen sometimes. Most people understand this...
Why should infeel ashamed about saying a game is bad that I thought was bad? I've played final fantasy since the first one (and i dobt mean 7 which so many people think is the best bexause it was the first they played) and 10 was the worst one on PS2.

Bullshit. MS. Put out that lawyer written info dump and unless they update that I don't believe it.Final Fantasy X was sucky and Final Fantasy X-2 was so bad it would make a gamer suicidal.
I'm posting from my smartphone like most other people here right now. These things happen sometimes. Most people understand this...
Why should infeel ashamed about saying a game is bad that I thought was bad? I've played final fantasy since the first one (and i dobt mean 7 which so many people think is the best bexause it was the first they played) and 10 was the worst one on PS2.
preach on brother man

preach on brother man
I just have to say that I had enjoyed FFX, and I too started from the early days of FF. I just disliked Tidus. A lot. Other than that, it was a good game.

StryderOmega said:
bjstucker said:
Blaster man said:
R3DNate said:
Blaster man said:
preach on brother man
I just have to say that I had enjoyed FFX, and I too started from the early days of FF. I just disliked Tidus. A lot. Other than that, it was a good game.
I got into the series late. I started with FFX and my friend said there were a bunch more. He let me borrow 7 for like a year in middle school and I thought it was awesome. So then the total order I played them in was FFX, FF7, FF8, FF9, then FFX-2, Dierge of Cerberus FF7, FFXII, FFXIII, and FFXIII-2. I played and beat
FFX about 6 or 7 times. That's how much I liked it. :)
You have your opinion and I have mine. :)
Oh and I forgot when, but I played the psp title crisis core and watched the movie. I currently have them all downloaded onto my PS3. Every single final fantasy that's available. So, I'll get to play 1-whatever eventually. College takes up most of my time now.

Blaster man said:
saiyajinsc said:
wow I guess that lady was right.
Guess so, its official.

Nate, most people consider 4 or 6 the best of the originals. My favorite of all ever is FF6. Then again I thought 8 was the best of the PS1 games.
So I like how people were saying don't trust gamestop and other garbage. Well, now it's confirmed from IGN to Rev3 games about the Xbox One having no restrictions on used games and other drm info. I had this info put into my video a whole almost two days ahead of IGN. I love it. :)

wow I guess that lady was right.
Guess so, its official.

Nate, most people consider 4 or 6 the best of the originals. My favorite of all ever is FF6. Then again I thought 8 was the best of the PS1 games.
So I like how people were saying don't trust gamestop and other garbage. Well, now it's confirmed from IGN to Rev3 games about the Xbox One having no restrictions on used games and other drm info. I had this info put into my video a whole almost two days ahead of IGN. I love it. :)
You were right about 1 thing. The Xbox One DRM issue. Every other statement made is just speculation and/or rumor.

Well now that the Xbox one stuff in your video was confirmed, it would be really nice to get the confirmation about psn purchases and especially the FFX remaster coming to PS4.

[/quote]
You were right about 1 thing. The Xbox One DRM issue. Every other statement made is just speculation and/or rumor.
[/quote]
First off this isn't speculation or a rumor. It's from a source that gets in contact with Microsoft and has more knowledge than what some may think. If it was just speculation I would've been like "I think this is what they will do" or blah blah blah. I think that they are just supposed to keep their mouths shut about these types of things and instead they just spilled the beans. :p

[/quote]
First off this isn't speculation or a rumor. It's from a source that gets in contact with Microsoft and has more knowledge than what some may think. If it was just speculation I would've been like "I think this is what they will do" or blah blah blah. I think that they are just supposed to keep their mouths shut about these types of things and instead they just spilled the beans. :p
[/QUOTE]Somehow I doubt FF15 and/or KH3 will be a year timed exclusives due to the fact Square is almost bankrupt and they are gonna put there games out on both consoles at the same time and I'd love to get FFX/X2 for PS4 but until its confirmed I'm not gonna trust your random GS source. And it was just a matter of time before Microsoft did there 180. They also confirmed that there is no backwards compatiblity even for PSN purchases. Sony has also not stated how Gaikai is even going to be intigrated. Everything you claim is just rumor and speculation. I bet you also heard that Bethesda showed Fallout 4 behind closed doors at E3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope I didn't hear anything about Bethesda and Fallout 4. I personally could care less. I didn't even open my copies of F3 and FNV yet so I wouldn't need a new one of those yet. They actually did mention how Gaikai is going to work through streaming Playstation games onto the PS4, but I guess you don't pay attention to that. They didn't go into further details, but I'm sure that it will work digitally. If not, people that spent thousands on digital content like me are going to be pissed.

Nope I didn't hear anything about Bethesda and Fallout 4. I personally could care less. I didn't even open my copies of F3 and FNV yet so I wouldn't need a new one of those yet. They actually did mention how Gaikai is going to work through streaming Playstation games onto the PS4, but I guess you don't pay attention to that. They didn't go into further details, but I'm sure that it will work digitally. If not, people that spent thousands on digital content like me are going to be pissed.
I was being sarcastic about Fallout 4. Once again I realize they want to use Gaikai to stream PS3 games but they have not said how it will work and just because you own the PSN version of a PS3 game doesn't mean that it will be compatible.

thedolphinsrule said:
R3DNate said:
I was being sarcastic about Fallout 4. Once again I realize they want to use Gaikai to stream PS3 games but they have not said how it will work and just because you own the PSN version of a PS3 game doesn't mean that it will be compatible.
I'm just telling you how Gamestop explained it. They said that they'll be launching a big thing next year which will have PS1, PS2, PS3 games that you can buy and use off the PS4's Gaikai services. They also told me that Gamefly is pretty much done because publishers aren't signing a deal with them again. Renting games is done for. That last thing I hope isn't true, but then again Gamefly charges way too much. Last time I had them it was like 2-3 games the whole month. It took forever to receive a game. If it was like Netflix, I'd be all for them, but they're not.

Are you really that dumb to think Gamefly is done? You really must be. They don't know what the hell they are talking about. Its nothing more than random speculation at this point. You will still be able to rent games. I'm done arguing with you. Believe what people tell you and see where that gets you. I'll stick with IGN and Kotaku.

Are you really that dumb to think Gamefly is done? You really must be. They don't know what the hell they are talking about. Its nothing more than random speculation at this point. You will still be able to rent games. I'm done arguing with you. Believe what people tell you and see where that gets you. I'll stick with IGN and Kotaku.
To be fair, he was right about the Xbox One. That said, I couldn't give two shits about Gamefly. I've never used them and I never will. Why the fuck would anyone use them when you can buy games for $5 or $10 each?

Blaster man said:
thedolphinsrule said:
To be fair, he was right about the Xbox One. That said, I couldn't give two shits about Gamefly. I've never used them and I never will. Why the fuck would anyone use them when you can buy games for $5 or $10 each?
They also never ship me newly released games the week they come out. Netflix does with movies though. You pay like minimum $12.99 a month. I would rather use redbox to rent a game for a day or two than use them.

They also never ship me newly released games the week they come out. Netflix does with movies though. You pay like minimum $12.99 a month. I would rather use redbox to rent a game for a day or two than use them.
Gamefly is good for two things:

Chipped Discs
Cheap used games

Gamefly is good for two things:

Chipped Discs
Cheap used games
Their used games usually come in like new condition.

bread's done
Back