Russell Brand vs Morning Joe

joeboosauce

CAGiversary!
This video has been making the rounds. It's pretty hilarious watching Russell Brand destroying these MSNBC puppets. I don't know if he went in with the intent to do this or it was because these guys were complete jackoffs. Maybe intended because I think he might have seen the clip of Glenn Greenwald being "interviewed" on Morning Joe last week. She was regurgitating what seemed like White House talking points and Greenwald called her out for it. Maybe that's why he brought up Snowden and their coverage of the news.

Here is the full clip with his last few remarks which seem to be cut out of most reporting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HqflTYCM2s

Here is the Greenwald interview for those who haven't seen it yet. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFeNcOjENYE

PS Anyone know how to make the snapshot of the youtube clip show up? It's not working with the change in the CAG site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really a fan of Russell Brand, and I REALLY hate Dane Cook, but all I can say is good for him.  It's sad that Amurricans keep watching this 24 hour drek, and that comedians are the only ones who try to give the facts plain and straight in the media.

I think the thing a lot of people who haven't seen Morning Joe don't realize is it isn't exactly a hard-hitting news program and sort of straddles the line between that and a talk magazine.  All of the morning shows (Fox & Friends, Good Morning America, etc.) tend to be a lot more relaxed.  They're basically a televised version of the morning zoo radio program where networks figure people don't want anything too serious that early in the morning.  They have more of a buddy-buddy feel where the conversations aren't controlled and the co-hosts are constantly riffing off each other.  I'm not sure I would qualify any of those people as news professionals.  Knowing that, I really didn't see the big deal behind this clip.

Though, I do agree it was a dickish move to start the interview with, "Hi, I have no idea who you are or what you do!"  I can see where that put Brand on the offensive, but I don't know, it didn't seem terribly aggressive on either side to me.

Wow, what a bunch of toolbags. They were being incredibly condescending to him, particularly Brian with his "I can't understand him on the radio" and all the discussion about coming to work with his shirt open and a necklace. As well as everyone talking about him like he wasn't there, which was amusing to watch him call them out on. They had that coming, they were treating him like a bunch of high schoolers.

This marks the 3rd time I've seen anything from Morning Joe and it has never left a good impression on me. The first was their crap about gamers being unmarryable losers, then they were going on and on about Snowden the day after he came forward and how he was a vile, despicable person. Complete toolbags who can't think for themselves. MSNBC needs more like Rachel Maddow, not that bunch of hive minds. God, even Keith Olberman did more thinking for himself than that garbage show...

Those News Zoos are awful. Russel Brand is great on a show like Howard Stern.

Maybe thats why Brand got fed up with Katy Perry and dumped her ass via txt message

** Perry is a big Obama supporter.... :(
That seemed pretty low of him. It does not matter who she supports politically, I think she has class.
First that was a joke....but...

Do you live and hang out with Katy Perry 24/hr 7/day a week, to know how "classy" she is... Or do you get her info from the PR "media"

Apparently Brand knows more bout her then you probably do. Was it gentleman-ly of him, probably not.. but nobody perfect. But these days its always better to kill/bash/attack the messenger then listen to the message

Katy Perry wrote a crappy song about him. He took the high road and did not comment even when Howard Stern played the song for him live on the air.

Maybe thats why Brand got fed up with Katy Perry and dumped her ass via txt message

** Perry is a big Obama supporter.... :(
That seemed pretty low of him. It does not matter who she supports politically, I think she has class.
First that was a joke....but...

Do you live and hang out with Katy Perry 24/hr 7/day a week, to know how "classy" she is... Or do you get her info from the PR "media"

Apparently Brand knows more bout her then you probably do. Was it gentleman-ly of him, probably not.. but nobody perfect. But these days its always better to kill/bash/attack the messenger then listen to the message
Terrible joke and obviously I do not socialize with her. I can only observe. After the divorce I have not read anything about Katy Perry spilling secrets or spewing trash to People magazine. I bet another person in her position would do much to ruin Russel's reputation after that completely low move.

Katy Perry wrote a crappy song about him. He took the high road and did not comment even when Howard Stern played the song for him live on the air.
Oh yes what a wonderful person.

Yeah such a nice guy, like when he got himself and Jonathon Ross fired from BBC Radio by calling another actor to brag about having sex with his granddaughter (calling him not once, but twice in fact) then playing the tapes back on the public airwaves... Hell even in this "interview" he couldn't "take the high road" because he can't avoid being a misogynistic asshat a couple times. That's not just my opinion, even the Guardian (whom Brand has even done work for) wrote an article about it...

All I see in that clip is a round table of morons, all of whom think they are smarter than they actually are, that are incapable of having a constructive conversation on anything really.

And we in the public sometimes have an issue with putting celebrities on some kind of automatically intelligent pedestal simply for voicing a like-minded opinion. Yes Brand "destroyed" these MSNBC talking heads - my god they may never work in television again! /sarcasm. Don't get me wrong I basically hate all things MSNBC (and most 24 hr news network stuff too), and yes they were obviously being idiots as well, but I don't see any reason to elevate Brand's comments as something special. They bullied him (at least passive-aggresively) and he pushed back but nothing of any substance was said.

You will have to forgive me for not caring about the opinions of a drug-addict/alcoholic/hothead/criminal comedian/actor with a range below that of Keanu Reeves and a cancelled FX talk show. I like the part where he tries to tell everyone what's important and what's superficial, yet basically his entire presence in the media and career so far has fallen into the latter category.

If Russell Brand offends sensitive types, then good on him. As a fellow misogynist, I'm a big fan of his radio appearances. To be honest, though, I don't remember him saying a lot of sexist things in the places where I've heard him. Could you point out come examples that I could enjoy?

Who's offended? I just find him to be rather annoying and unfunny (and him being an actor/comedian that basically means I find him to be useless). His only real successful roles have been when he appears to be acting like a bothersome, British toolbag. Which does not seem like much of a stretch from his real life. Also, the example I already posted above withstanding, Google is your friend...

bread's done
Back