[dead] Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse (PS3/360) $19.99 Amazon FSSS

My bite price is $15.  Thanks for posting this though.

I've honestly become a CheapAss since I started visiting this site daily.

And that CheapAss-ness isn't just on videogames....it's extended to most any tangible goods I purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed a used copy for about $14 after birthday coupon and PUR today. Started playing it, and the gameplay is just awful. If you like the humor and a simple scavenger hunt game with mild action elements, it is still enjoyable.

I love Family Guy, I played this game, but sadly it's not even worth the clicks it takes to buy it...
Damn! It must be pretty bad.

Sorry if the game sucks guys, I just noticed it was 33% lower than usual price, so I figured I'd post it.

Yes, that $20 could probably be used far more wisely than this game.

I've seen some really horrendous reviews for this game and they all basically said that Activision did to this what they do with all non-Call of Duty properties as they care very little about the source material. This game is just as bad as Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.

Shrug, I played it and thought it was alright. Obviously don't expect AAA gameplay, but if you're a fan you'll enjoy the references, levels, and dialogue etc. Look at it as a sort of interactive FG episode.

I love Family Guy, I played this game, but sadly it's not even worth the clicks it takes to buy it...
Damn! It must be pretty bad.

Sorry if the game sucks guys, I just noticed it was 33% lower than usual price, so I figured I'd post it.

Yes, that $20 could probably be used far more wisely than this game.
LOL, Sorry if the comment came out wrong, thanks a lot for posting the deal and keep up the good work :)

I was just ranting my dissappointment, I wanted to love this game

I enjoyed this--very short and probably $10 should be the buy price.  Comparing it to "TWD Survival Instinct" is a stretch lol

I enjoyed this--very short and probably $10 should be the buy price. Comparing it to "TWD Survival Instinct" is a stretch lol
Idk... I personally found that the extremely dull gameplay was hardly worth very occasional decent joke, I'd rather re-watch a couple of episodes.
I mean, there are a ton of great games out there waiting to be played, and a lot of great family guy episodes that would be a better use of your time (IMO)

(insane backlog syndrome doesn't help me when rating a mediocre game..)

Um... bleh?  I haven't liked Family Guy since like, the third season.  I think the writing has gone downhill significantly since.

I would also like to chime in about the game being bad. I played it soon after it came out and was very disappointed although I wasn't too surprised. Even if you're a big fan of family guy I suggest waiting for a lower price and just rewatching a few episodes as that will be funnier for you than the few and far between okay jokes in this.

Well im gonna defend this game by saying that I played a bit off it and its nowhere near as bad as Alien Colonial Marines. Family Guy isnt a AAA title but its a pretty enjoyable couch coop game. Comparing it to Aliens is rediculous considering Aliens is above and beyond crap.

Bold Statement by JonnyHeartthrob ! The Walking Dead Survival Instincts is by far the worst game this generation ! Aliens wasn't that bad ( its bad but for like 5 + yrs in development you knew you were in trouble ) If FG came out at $29.99 people might have thought better of it. Its an alright game some fun to be had maybe like a 6 out of 10 kinda game. Im sure there are plenty of Cag's here who have spent time and money on worse - myself included :)

Price matched at Best Buy.  Was interested in it when it came out but shied away at full price.  I actually rather liked the PS2 Family Guy game for what it was, so looking forward to checking this one out.  Thanks for the heads up, OP!

This!! I rented it and played through to the end. The trophies I missed seemed easy enough to get, but I couldn't bring myself to go back and get them, the game is so dull and boring. The quotes the characters say sound like they were snipped from family guy episodes rather than recorded for the game and have different volume and sometimes sound like they had a music bed behind them. Reminds me of a web browser game made to promote a show. Rent if you must, avoid if you can!

So if I sat through Aliens with my wife, we should be able to tolerate this right?
man I always see your posts about playing with you wife, I'm so jealous! My wife will play Peggle and......yeah that's it. After 15 years I don think I'll ever turn her.
She was a huge anime fan before we got married, so I started with the Tales series. I think that was the reason for my success lol. But I imagine when a child comes in the future all this game time will go out the window.

For the record, I just finished story mode and had a lot of fun with it.  A bit on the short side, but it was fun and amusing.  And I'll probably play through some of the levels again to find the collectibles/unlockables I missed.  I don't really see what all the criticism is about.  It's not the best game I've ever played, but it's decent.  Worth the $20 in my opinion. 

Then again, I also had fun with Duke Nukem Forever...and I haven't played Survival Instinct, but I watch a bit of a playthrough on youtube, and it seemed solid enough to me.  'Tis all subjective.

I totally disagree this game is as bad as ALIENS: CM. ALIENS, from polish to presentation, is far worse than this game...it's not even close.

Actually, in the $10-$20 range, FG is perfectly decent as a bargain pick-up. The graphics are smooth, the game play isn't obviously anything special but if you're a fan of the show it's definitely worth a playthrough. Too bad the multiplayer is local only. 

Um... bleh? I haven't liked Family Guy since like, the third season. I think the writing has gone downhill significantly since.
For the most part I agree, though there have been a few gems in there: "PTV", the two-parter "Stewie Kills Lois"/"Lois Kills Stewie", the original "Road to the Multiverse" which inspired this game. Most of the episodes that feature mainly Brian and Stewie are pretty watchable. I think what's happened is the weird cutaway gags have grown out of control, and the writers have been using them as a crutch to pad out episodes, rather than put in the effort to write a decent main plot.

But yeah, this game is an even bigger buzzkill than Buzz Killington.

bread's done
Back