Jak & Daxter Collection for $12.99 @ Amazon.com

It's new.

And if they don't have it in the store, you can get free shipping. Amazon you'd either have to have prime or get another game to get free shipping.

It's new.

And if they don't have it in the store, you can get free shipping. Amazon you'd either have to have prime or get another game to get free shipping.
They meant "Is it a new, sealed copy, or is it a GameStop gutted and sold as new copy." We know how They work.

It's new.

The one I bought in store was "new".

It's new.

They meant "Is it a new, sealed copy, or is it a GameStop gutted and sold as new copy." We know how They work.
If they ever attempt to give you one of those at GS just request an unopened one. They've only ever tried to give me an open new game twice both times they had unopened copies as well. If you order online it will always be new and sealed I believe.

If they ever attempt to give you one of those at GS just request an unopened one. They've only ever tried to give me an open new game twice both times they had unopened copies as well. If you order online it will always be new and sealed I believe.
A couple of years ago I tried purchasing a new game from Gamestop and they handed me a gutted copy. I refused it and asked for a sealed copy since I wanted a 'New' one. The dude at the cashier wouldn;t listen to reason, saying that the gutted copy was 'New'. I haven't gone inside a Gamestop since

A couple of years ago I tried purchasing a new game from Gamestop and they handed me a gutted copy. I refused it and asked for a sealed copy since I wanted a 'New' one. The dude at the cashier wouldn;t listen to reason, saying that the gutted copy was 'New'. I haven't gone inside a Gamestop since
That tends to be their mentality because they are told by their bosses to be like that. Those guys are under constant pressure.

True definition of shills.

That tends to be their mentality because they are told by their bosses to be like that. Those guys are under constant pressure.

True definition of shills.
Most every time I have refused one of those gutted copies the cashier agreed with my logic. They should convert their last new(gutted) copy to preowned. No excuse trying to sell an Open copy as new.

Same thing happened to me, poor business practice. it's not a big deal but it is a double standard + the point of the matter.

I would rather pay extra and get it from amazon at least i'd know it is literally "new".

It's new.

They are doing it wrong. The only time you are supposed to give the gutted copy is if it is the last new copy available in store. It is supposed to be the marker of if the game is in stock or not. If there is a gutted copy out on the floor, there is at least one new/"new" copy in the store. No gutted copy means out of stock. Why other GS employees don't comprehend that just doesn't make any sense to me.

It's new.

They are doing it wrong. The only time you are supposed to give the gutted copy is if it is the last new copy available in store. It is supposed to be the marker of if the game is in stock or not. If there is a gutted copy out on the floor, there is at least one new/"new" copy in the store. No gutted copy means out of stock. Why other GS employees don't comprehend that just doesn't make any sense to me.
I did a Pickup@Store request with their website for a New copy. When I arrived, they tried to give me a gutted copy spouting their "New" comments. Every time I give GS a second chance, they do something that pisses me off more than the last time.

Same thing happened to me, poor business practice. it's not a big deal but it is a double standard + the point of the matter.

I would rather pay extra and get it from amazon at least i'd know it is literally "new".
I agree. Plus it denies Gamestop money, which is a huge plus in my book.

The people I've seen complain about opened games at gamestop always have a...."certain look"...about them.
what does that even mean?

I've worked retail for 20 years and I know if a customer is potentially a problem when they walk thru the door but...

i'm trying to figure out this "certain look" you speak of, because I am sure I don't have it.

and yes I agree with krodos it is mad but only after they have been tried to have been taken advantage of.

It's new.

I did a Pickup@Store request with their website for a New copy. When I arrived, they tried to give me a gutted copy spouting their "New" comments. Every time I give GS a second chance, they do something that pisses me off more than the last time.
I know it is a bit of a hassle, but I would say next time if you have an extra couple of minutes, call and double check. Again, if it is the last copy that the GS has, then it will have to be either gutted or nothing. It's not the greatest policy, I agree, but putting an empty case up on the wall to let consumers get a full idea of the game is the best way to sell a game. I've heard people say you used to be able to borrow out new games, but as long as I've been there, that has been something that will land you either a write-up or a goodbye. Personally, I know at my store, they go straight into a sealed envelope and into the drawer, and I personally much prefer that over having to get the last copy of a game at Target in the plastic prison that mangles the back of the case. Again, I'm not trying to defend it, I just want people to understand that it's something we have no control of, and so long as you don't get a dickish employee, they will try to be as kind and cordial to you as possible. Hell, when it's the last copy, I inform the customer exactly what a gutted copy is, the process we go through, and that they are not forced to buy it at all. I've yet to have anybody deny it, but I only have had one person come in who said they are on here as well.

bread's done
Back