* * * * - 4 votes

Gamestop Ultimate Skylanders Festival

Skylanders Gamestop Sale Figures Toys Cheap

#31 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Poster sucks

#32 ChuckcharlesM  

ChuckcharlesM

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Went this morning with the kids. They only had about 20 Polar Whirlwinds, no Scarlet Ninjinis due to a shipping error and the cashier wouldn't give me a sidekick because they were incorrectly priced at $1000 in the system.

Now I don't care about the Ninjini but I do want the sidekick, does anybody know the correct avenue to go about contacting Gamestop so I can get it?

#33 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Went this morning with the kids. They only had about 20 Polar Whirlwinds, no Scarlet Ninjinis due to a shipping error and the cashier wouldn't give me a sidekick because they were incorrectly priced at $1000 in the system.

Now I don't care about the Ninjini but I do want the sidekick, does anybody know the correct avenue to go about contacting Gamestop so I can get it?

Sidekicks were only ringing up free if you bought an actual giant. IE Ninjini, crusher, etc.

#34 UNC5052   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

As a huge fan of the PS1 Spyro games, does Skylanders have much of the same gameplay and appeal if I wanted to just play with Spyro?

#35 usagi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

Anybody have a picture of the free poster that they are giving out?

Untitled.jpg

I had the opposite problem, about 10 regular Ninjinis, no Polar Whirlwinds because the UPS tried to deliver in the morning before the store even opened.

Sidekicks are meant to be bundled, so individually they ring up $1000 and free when you purchase it with the required item(s).

#36 Wanderinger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Wanderinger

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

My 10 yr old has been asking me to get him a Skylanders Giants pack. I figure this sale is good for that. But I am not sure what the Skylanders craze is and if I want to get him hooked on it. He's already hooked on Pokemon games, is this basically the samething only with action figures? If so, do the games have any kind of longevity like the pokemon games do (for the gameboy/DS etc.) or is this basically a Street Fighter game just with figures you need to collect?

I have had a good experience buying these games for my 9yo daughter. The starter packs for each game cost a total of about 75$ last Black Friday and are still frequently on sale. Individual figures and packs cost us another 30$ or so before we had one character of each element, which is all you need to access everything in the games. We are cheapasses, aren't we? Right now at TRU the original figures are bogo for 99 cents. It's not hard to save on these things, they're always on sale somewhere.

#37 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

My store had about 6 Ninjini and 6 Polar Whirlwind at open.  The first 3 Polar Whirlwind that I saw sold went to kids that genuinely wanted them - not to some dbag eBay flipper.

+1 on the poster sucked. It was on a tear-off pad and was about a 1/3 of the size of a real poster.  Even my 9 y/o thought it was lame.

Rockin' it old school single-player style!

#38 ChuckcharlesM  

ChuckcharlesM

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

Sidekicks were only ringing up free if you bought an actual giant. IE Ninjini, crusher, etc.

That's odd because the Gamestop page says  "plus a FREE Skylanders Sidekick with the purchase of any Skylanders Giants toy." 

Even the cashier thought we were supposed to get them when we were buying the Polar Whirlwind figure.

#39 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   6562 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

Sidekicks were free with any purchase from the "Giants" line. My wife got one for free with the Polar Whirlwind purchase and another one for free when she bought a series two Hex for her aunts little boy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#40 troy2007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Grabbed a Polar Whirlwind.  Thanks OP

#41 neonon19s   Gotta Catch 'em All CAGiversary!   912 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

neonon19s

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

I tried 2 local stores this morning to get 2 whirlwinds. Same scenario at both stores.
First I went to for a polar whirlwind and could not get the free sidekick due to computer error. Come back later with my receipt.
Second she told me it had to be a giant purchase. I got polar whirlwind and the battle pack with gold cannon. Sidekick still rang up $1000.

Pretty misleading since the whole series is called giants but they're just trying to give them free with the actual giant characters oh well at least I got s whirlwind for my exclusive collection and for my friend

#42 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

Pretty misleading since the whole series is called giants but they're just trying to give them free with the actual giant characters oh well at least I got s whirlwind for my exclusive collection and for my friend

The guy I dealt with this morning is the manager of the store, pretty decent guy, and he said that he got an email literally moments before he unlocked the door clarifying that it was only giant characters.  It's slightly misleading but you also don't have a lot of room to press them on it because the wording was ambiguous enough that they're not stuck.  The manager said he would have been happy to over ride it for us if he could have but because they ring up at $1000 dollars outside the package he would probably have gotten in trouble.

Still got 2x Polar WW, a regular Ninjini, Thumpback, Stealth Elf and Terrafin mini, and the Chop Chop and Shroom Boom pack.  Grabbed TB so I could return the other one I bough to TRU since credit > cash and get the second mini.

3ds120.gif Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate   :pc: TBD  :wiiu: TBD :vita: TBD

:xb1: Smite  :ps4: TBD  :360: TBD   :ps3: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps3: Scott Pilgrim
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#43 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   6562 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Wow thats funny my wife got two for free with no hassle after buying two regular sized Giants characters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#44 apterous   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   805 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

apterous

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

I got there 1 hour after open and was the first one to ask about Skylanders.  Got my Polar WW (they had gotten 6), she offered me the Ninjini they had gotten but I already had one so I left it for whoever, asked about the Sidekick and got one (she had to manually override to free).  No hassle, laid back Saturday morning.

Also renewed my subscription.  I love the people at my store.

Posted Image

#45 Kojubat   Not a Pok√©mon CAGiversary!   1428 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago   Has been playing Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign
PC

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

If your store is sold out of Polar Whirlwind, have them order it online for you to get free shipping. The downside (besides waiting) is that if you're using credit, the tax is still charged.

There were over 3k in stock about an hour or so ago, according to the store I was in. I was also able to get two on one order.

#46 EdgeCrusher36   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   878 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

EdgeCrusher36

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

Didn't get there till noon, the manager i know told me that they were out of whirlwinds within 30 minutes of opening, and had people waiting at the door for them to open.  Found a regular ninjini though finally, and got the poster and a free sidekick.

#47 knight19   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

I wasn't going to go, but after seeing WWZ, I decided to swing by about 1 PM EST.  Got the only Polar Whirlwind on the pegs (there might have been more elsewhere) and a Sidekick - the CSM rang it up with a Giant and then, in the following transaction, returned the Giant.  So not too shabby.  The poster was lame though (just an ad for the next game).   I would've liked to find the Scorpion Striker (which is why I really went), but they never had any according to the CSM.

#48 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

I wasn't going to go, but after seeing WWZ, I decided to swing by about 1 PM EST.  Got the only Polar Whirlwind on the pegs (there might have been more elsewhere) and a Sidekick - the CSM rang it up with a Giant and then, in the following transaction, returned the Giant.  So not too shabby.  The poster was lame though (just an ad for the next game).   I would've liked to find the Scorpion Striker (which is why I really went), but they never had any according to the CSM.

I believe the only battle pack most of the stores had were the Golden Dragonfire one.

Trade List

#49 TheMaximumC   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

TheMaximumC

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

Do you get the Lightcore Hex for free? Or are you just eligible to buy because you reserved Swap Force? Also is it the normal $5 down pre-order?

Says you get her for free, I would assume that this is going to be a pre-order that requires more down though and that's why they're doing it.  I know I overheard the guy telling someone how much collectors editions and things like this required but I can't remember for the life of me how much it was.  I'm sure it's going to be at least as much as the figure though or you would have people pre-ordering 20 copies at $5 a piece and flipping the figure.

Unless if they changed it since they announced the figure, it's still only $5 since its just everything required to play the game.

Also I believe you don't get the figure til you pick up the actual game, so unless the could pay for 20 when they come out I don't believe they'd do that.

#50 usagi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

If your store is sold out of Polar Whirlwind, have them order it online for you to get free shipping. The downside (besides waiting) is that if you're using credit, the tax is still charged.

There were over 3k in stock about an hour or so ago, according to the store I was in. I was also able to get two on one order.

If you want to avoid paying taxes with trade-in credit(valid in certain states), pay in cash or credit, and return/rebuy with your trade-in credit when the package arrives.

#51 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Unless if they changed it since they announced the figure, it's still only $5 since its just everything required to play the game.

Also I believe you don't get the figure til you pick up the actual game, so unless the could pay for 20 when they come out I don't believe they'd do that.

Yeah, I didn't know at the time that you got it at pick up since I hadn't seen that fine print.

Trade List

#52 rogXue   Bringer of Death CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

If your sidekicks didn't ring up for free it's because it was before the system had switched over to the sale.  picked up Polar Whirlwind and a sidekick 2 min before opening (the clerk was dumb) he argued and my wife was smart enough to realize the pos hadn't switched over.  Tried it after 10am and they showed for free with the Polar purchase.  She went back and picked up a few more to finish the sidekicks without issue.  No Scarlets at the store we went to :(

#53 spookyhurst   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

spookyhurst

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

The 1st Gamestop I went to had the Polar Whirlwind and both battle packs. I took 3 games to trade (to get the extra $10 for trade ins), but one had shrinkwrap on it (an extra Rock Band 3 that came with a guitar I bought). The guy said that I couldn't trade it, even if I went outside and removed the shrinkwrap. I didn't want to take a chance of a 2nd Gamestop not having what I wanted, so I didn't get the $10 bonus :wall:.

2nd Gamestop had a regular Ninjini, so I go that. No battle packs there, so a good thing I grabbed them at the first place.

#54 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

Did the free sidekick thing end at 2? I am tempted to go back and ask them to add the sidekick to my purchase.

#55 CaptainJoel   Where there's Smoke, there's Fire CAGiversary!   13946 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

If you didn't get a sidekick you probably should have raised hell. I know I did when I was refused one. Super happy I got the last one I needed, too.

#56 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

Just went back to gs and they said the sidekick thing wasnt working. Sale must have ended at 2?

#57 EdgeCrusher36   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   878 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

EdgeCrusher36

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

Yeah it ended at 2. 

#58 Link127   Dad gamer CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

So my store only had 3 Polar Whirlwind and no Ninjini of any kind.  Also only the Chop Chop / Dragonfire Cannon / Shroomboom battle pack.  Sucks because my daughter really wants Ninjini.  Can't help but think the employees grabbed em and didnt put em out.  At least I got 1 Polar WW and the battle pack I saw.

Went to a second store and still no Ninjini!  I wanted one to use and not resell.  It's so frustrating.

689866.png

#59 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

So my store only had 3 Polar Whirlwind and no Ninjini of any kind.  Also only the Chop Chop / Dragonfire Cannon / Shroomboom battle pack.  Sucks because my daughter really wants Ninjini.  Can't help but think the employees grabbed em and didnt put em out.  At least I got 1 Polar WW and the battle pack I saw.

Went to a second store and still no Ninjini!  I wanted one to use and not resell.  It's so frustrating.

i wouldn't blame the employees necessarily.  I was at three stores today (two to grab Skylanders and a third because I forgot to buy Amazon cards at the first two) and the first one, the one I was at when they opened, only had four and the other two, where I was at 10:30 and 11:00 respectively, both said the Ninjini were the first to go.

Trade List

#60 Link127   Dad gamer CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

Well, I was actually in line before they even opened.  Meant to specify that.  They could have legitimitely not received any.  The guy was just clueless too.  Never gave any posters (not that the poster was good) or sidekicks.  Something was just fishy.  That's all.

689866.png