Sony PS3 Media/Blu-ray Disc Remote Control $16.29 @ Amazon.com @ Best Buy price match

I just sold mine that was "like new" on eBay for $10.  I think now's the time to get rid of accessories for the older consoles.  Buying new ones now seems like a bad idea.  Just IMHO obviously.  Personally I have a stand alone Blu Ray player now and frankly the blue tooth stuff on this remote is fucking annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sold mine that was "like new" on eBay for $10. I think now's the time to get rid of accessories for the older consoles. Buying new ones now seems like a bad idea. Just IMHO obviously. Personally I have a stand alone Blu Ray player now and frankly the blue tooth stuff on this remote is fucking annoying.
Completely agree, but the media remote may work for the PS4.

With that being said, I use Roku 3 for streaming, and I only watch physical media on occasion (and when I do, I usually watch it on the standalone BD player in the living room), so I never needed the media remote.

This is about the same remote that came with that PS3 DS3 charging dock and remote from Best Buy awhile back for $15. I didnt think it was worth it at the time but its a really nice remote to use to watch blu-rays or streaming services over a Dualshock 3. That plus the battery charger for 2 of my Dualshocks I thought was worth for $15. I gave the remote to my parents and I use it alot when I visit.

That being said, I dont think its worth the $16 by itself.

Well worth the price. Got one awhile back for not quite such a great deal, but having a PS3 and 3D Sony Display, it's the ideal remote.

I don't want to derail the thread, but as this is still a Bluetooth only remote and I have a Logitech Harmony, does anyone have experience with the Nyko BluWave remote which uses a USB dongle to provide IR that the PS3 natively lacks?  I really have no issues using the DS3 to control Blu rays so a replacement that does the exact same thing but in remote control form isn't ideal.

bread's done
Back