Blockbuster/Gamerush Deals Thread! 50% off NEW NINTENDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryCubed

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR Blockbuster/GAMERUSHs and Traditional Blockbusters (pm/post with any suggestions)

Trade 3 get any preowned for $5 valid at regular Blockbuster stores as well as the Buy 2 get 1 Free.

If your in the Oklahoma City area stop by my store at Hefner and Rockwell. I just moved there so I have a lot of work to do so bare with me.

If your a flipper/scammer at least spare my store the crap titles unless its for presales...thanks.

Flipping discussion is here.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=994838#post994838

Current Deals

Trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. May 17 - September 5

This deal is being modified in many locations due to abuse. OH well

Beginning May 17 - September 5, trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. PSP, NDS, GBA, Xbox, Gcube, and PS2 only. No sports games before '04 and no Freestyle Street Soccer, or minigames/demo discs (the usuals).

May be restricted to titles $44.99 and lower though YMMV.
Same restrictions as above

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Should go till September 5th. New releases and Preorder games only $29.99 with 2 game trades (see exclusions above or aka the usual).

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.
Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

Buy one new PS1 gamee, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 preowned PS1 Games for $20!
Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 10 preowned PS1 games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Both deals become $5 for $15 on Tuesday, May 17.

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter
2 out= $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of
05/17/05 (Thanks and Credit goes to galvatron2k1)

Area 51 (PS2 XBOX) $26
ATV: Offroad Fury (PSP) $22
Cold Winter $25
Delta Force Black Hawk Down $35
Devil May Cry 3 $30
Donkey Konga 2 $20
Doom 3 $30
Enthusia Pro Racing $20
Fight Night 2004 (XBOX PS2) $8
Forza Motorsport $32
Full Spectrum Warrior (PS2) $10
God of War $30
Gran Turismo 4 $30
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (PSP) $24
Jade Empire $30
Kingdom Hearts (PS2) $8
Kingdom Under Fire $8
Lego Star Wars (GBA) $11
Lego Star Wars (XBOX PS2) $20
Major League Baseball 2K5 (XBOX PS2) $10
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) $8????
Midnight Club 3 (Ps2 XBOX) $34
MX Unleashed $8
Mx vs. ATV Unleashed $20
Myst IV: Revelation (XBOX) $8
NBA Street Showdown (PSP) $28
Need for Speed Underground (NDS) $24
Pariah $28
Pokemon Colosseum $8
Pokemon Emerald (GBA) $20
Predator: Concrete Jungle (XBOX PS2) $20
Psychonauts $26
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 $30
Simpsons: Hit and Run (PS2) $8
Sonic Heroes (XBOX) $8
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2 XBOX Cube) $30
Star Wars Ep. 3 (NDS) $24
Star Wars Ep. 3 (Ps2 Xbox) $35
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (XBOX) $8
Super Mario Sunshine $8
Unreal Championship 2 $35
Untold Legends: Brotherhood (NDS)? $22

PSP Hardware $170
XBOX Hardware $95
PS2 Hardware $90
PsOne Hardware $11

Accessories
Universal Steering Wheel and Pedal (any brand) - $15
Gamecube Memory Card 8MB (any brand) - $3
Gamecube Memory Card 4MB (Nintendo brand) - $3
PS2 Multitap (Sony brand) - $10
PS2 Memory Card (any brand) - $7
XBOX AV Cable (any brand) - $2
XBOX Steering Wheel and Pedal (any brand) - $15
XBOX DVD Remote - $14
XBOX Controller (any brand) - $6
XBOX Light Gun (any brand) - $6
XBOX Dance Pad (any brand) - $5
XBOX Headset Only (any brand) - $2

Credit for the following goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00
$49.99 / $35.00-38.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Star Wars Episode III PS2/XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
GTA: SA XB
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)

OTHER INFO

I consider deals confirmed when I receive the MAP on every other Thursday. The Map outlines promos and how the store is to be layed out and includes the barcodes for the deals. Also we get the new trade flyers that day as well with new trade values and deals.

Deals usually end on close of business on Monday and begin on open Tuesday (some special ones do start on Thursday usually around labor day, memorial day, etc.)

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to (and as I have done but that was only because I was tired of crap PS1...).

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...I will put them back up on request(pm) or if they become live again.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.
Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.
CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He will now take place of me (sj41) as the GameRush OP.
drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.
Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.
And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

As for double-dipping it actually in most ways isn't much of a loss to Blockbuster.

Quite a bit of the Blockbuster clientel is really big on the cheapo games. Say you take the lowest price Blockbuster will give for the extra $5 which is $6.99. Times that by 3 you get $21 (roughly). Then take the $50 for a new game minus the $21 you get none other than $29. Blockbuster will have paid $6.50 for credit on each of those games.

Take that time 3 and blockbuster paid $19.50 for 3 games (in credit).

$21 - $19.50 = $1.50.

So if my math is correct (and remember I'm taking a remedial algebra this summer for college) Blockbuster may still be okay. Nothing profitable but nothing at a loss either.

Granted some of the games will be more credit but the margin increases on the credit difference.

Blockbuster sells it at $7.99 the only paid $6.50. Blockbuster sells it at $9.99 the only paid $8. Blockbuster sells it at $12.99 they only paid $10.

It gradually increases. Also many people choose to leave their credit on the account or lock it up in preorders.

This keeps people coming back. Many of the people that come in to buy the cheap games also get a coke or rent a movie and will end up paying for that in cash. Same with other people who are just doing the deal for the deal itself.

So really double dipping...in most cases (ie not exchanging it for $50 credit...etc) isn't as bad as most would think.

Also another thing to add on the new games is that it really isn't $50 or $40...remember Blockbuster probably only pays around 37-44 for new $50 games and 26-34 for $40 games (based on paperwork i've seen).

Can't wait till the new deals come in effect. Been waiting to pick up a few PS2 games I've been holding out because of recent fast price drops.

Words can't describe how cool/awesome this man is. Man, if only more managers and employees of game stores were like him.

Keep up the good work. I'm gonna have to take time out of my busy schedule to visit some GRs soon.

thanks for stepping up and being the gamerush thread master.

does malice (PS2) still get 16 after bonuses. how much does the xbox version get?

[quote name='dcemantrades']corey or anyone else who knows the answer:

will normal BB be doing the 5 for 25 and the trade 3 for $5 for ppg?[/QUOTE]

Has the 5 for $25 deal been confirmed yet? I know it was mentioned before, but it's not listed anywhere in the OP.

Thats what im waiting on as well. I have about 14 preorders. And my Gamerush told me i can switch mines to 360 games as soon as they have them. Im just waiting for the official word to preorder a 360. Im getting te second they give the OK. Also thx Cory,youre the lifeblood of this Gamerush thread. words cannot express my gratitude to you. Thx again.

The 5 for $25 is not confirmed. I was looking at the MAP and it didnt mention anything of that deal starting this next week. I will check and look at the MAP again to see if there is any word of it coming up.

If the 5 for 25 is true, I know I got my eyes on at least a $100 worth of stuff that I want. Anyways thanks again for doing this CoryCubed!

I'm a noob and don't understand your concept of "double-dipping" or scamming... I have a nearby BB, and I will visit them soon to see if these deals apply to their location- However, I do not see the logic behind the double dipping.

Maybe the grammar is a bit off, or I my comprehension sucks, but from what I gathered, double dipping is basically doing the 3 for (~21), than doing it again with 3 other games, coming out to at least ~ $42. Is DD'ing holding onto store credit for another day in which you trade in more games?

I appreciate the help, I admit to being ignorant about the whole process, and if it's beneath you to elaborate upon it, I understand.

Thanks for your help
Doug

The Wilsonville store is getting worse...

The trade in 3 get an extra $5 now only qualifies on their "premiere" games. Did not receive $5 for Bloodrayne or Ghost Recon (both had $7 trade in value without the $5 bonus)

It took 45 minutes to complete a transaction with the new manager. He had no idea how to do preorders and had to make three phone calls to get it figured out. Oh well, I'll wait and see if the trade in 3 get a PO for $5 goes into effect next week.

Awful. My trip tonight, all with bonuses.
GBA Mario vs DK 16
DS Mario 64 17
XB NBA Street2 8
SW EpIII 40
Ghost Recon2 30
Shrek2 12
Metal Arms 12
Phantom Dust 12
Forza 35
GCN Donkey Konga2 22
Metroid Prime 12
Mario Tennis 30
FF:CC 15
3 PS1 games, .25 apiece
Total recieved: 261.75

[quote name='Gojtron']Awful. My trip tonight, all with bonuses.
GBA Mario vs DK 16
DS Mario 64 17
XB NBA Street2 8
SW EpIII 40
Ghost Recon2 30
Shrek2 12
Metal Arms 12
Phantom Dust 12
Forza 35
GCN Donkey Konga2 22
Metroid Prime 12
Mario Tennis 30
FF:CC 15
3 PS1 games, .25 apiece
Total recieved: 261.75[/QUOTE]

Damn, you traded in Forza already.

[quote name='cdeener']Damn, you traded in Forza already.[/QUOTE]

I have a copy going back on tuesday when I pick up BHD. I'm not much into racing games other than NFS or Nascar. I knew when i got it i wouldn't have it for that long. That's why i get all my games with the 2po=$30 new game deal.

Just a reminder/clarifica of the deal with the 5 for $25 or whatever.

As stated in the old thread I only have what I call semi-confirmation.. My DL (who was in thursday) told me about it that it was going to be 5 for $25 on any preowned under $10 (9.99 downwards) as we were talking about what to do with the huge amount of inventory I will be taking care of at my new store.

I will only consider this confirmed when I have a new MAP with barcodes and everything.

So with luck Thursday after this coming Thursday we will know something.

[quote name='BigMuffinLuv']I'm a noob and don't understand your concept of "double-dipping" or scamming... I have a nearby BB, and I will visit them soon to see if these deals apply to their location- However, I do not see the logic behind the double dipping.

Maybe the grammar is a bit off, or I my comprehension sucks, but from what I gathered, double dipping is basically doing the 3 for (~21), than doing it again with 3 other games, coming out to at least ~ $42. Is DD'ing holding onto store credit for another day in which you trade in more games?

I appreciate the help, I admit to being ignorant about the whole process, and if it's beneath you to elaborate upon it, I understand.

Thanks for your help
Doug[/QUOTE]

Doug.

Douple Dip is using 2 deals at once. In this case its using the trade 3 get an extra $5 per AND using the trade 2 get a new at $30. So, not only do you only have to turn in 3 games vs. 5 (if you were doing it non DDipped) you also get a $5 bonus on each game traded AND saving $20 on a new release. .

[quote name='supadupacheap']Doug.

Douple Dip is using 2 deals at once. In this case its using the trade 3 get an extra $5 per AND using the trade 2 get a new at $30. So, not only do you only have to turn in 3 games vs. 5 (if you were doing it non DDipped) you also get a $5 bonus on each game traded AND saving $20 on a new release. .[/QUOTE]

Isn't Blockbuster great?

Wow!!! :applause: My friend just told me my nearest BlockBuster doesn't have GameRush, so I'm definitely gonna search around town for the next closest one!

Thanks

[quote name='BigMuffinLuv']I'm a noob and don't understand your concept of "double-dipping" or scamming... I have a nearby BB, and I will visit them soon to see if these deals apply to their location- However, I do not see the logic behind the double dipping.

Thanks for your help
Doug[/QUOTE]

Double Dipping is bringing in 3 games to the store to trade, and combining both deals, so not only will you get the $15 extra ($5 bonus for each game), but you also pre-order a game for 29.99. Its strictly luck if you can do it or if you get the right employee etc.

[quote name='h2dk']The Wilsonville store is getting worse...

The trade in 3 get an extra $5 now only qualifies on their "premiere" games. Did not receive $5 for Bloodrayne or Ghost Recon (both had $7 trade in value without the $5 bonus)

It took 45 minutes to complete a transaction with the new manager. He had no idea how to do preorders and had to make three phone calls to get it figured out. Oh well, I'll wait and see if the trade in 3 get a PO for $5 goes into effect next week.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming he also didn't let you double-dip, correct?

Yeah, if it is the guy I'm thinking of he's the one that came over from the Oregon City BB and when I went in there he had no idea the extra $5 promo was even running (despite the signs above his head). I had hoped to get another 3 games traded in with bonus - I won't even bother going to Gamerush then. What is with this "premiere title" BS? They better not do that with the preorder deal. I'll just take the last 3 games I have into my local BB - save me some gas too...

all with extra $5:

1st deal:

Malice (PS2)-16
Powerdrome (PS2)-12
Powerdrome (xbox)-16
azurik (xbox)-8

preordered conker and MC3:Dub edition for PSP. 30 each.

2nd Deal:

Resident Evil 4-35
Hot Shots Golf Fore (PSP)-27
Viewtiful Joe (GC)-8
Malice (PS2)- 16

preordered quake 4 and madden 2006. figured i wanted an xbox 2 game, and if madden 06 is amazing for 360, ill move my preorder to the new xbox. wish they had burnout legends in the system

[quote name='io']I'm assuming he also didn't let you double-dip, correct?

Yeah, if it is the guy I'm thinking of he's the one that came over from the Oregon City BB and when I went in there he had no idea the extra $5 promo was even running (despite the signs above his head). I had hoped to get another 3 games traded in with bonus - I won't even bother going to Gamerush then. What is with this "premiere title" BS? They better not do that with the preorder deal. I'll just take the last 3 games I have into my local BB - save me some gas too...[/QUOTE]

He rang them all up with the $5 bonus (on 4 of the 6 games)... there was some miscommunication on both sides because he asked if I was going to buy something and I said yes before trading in the games. He then gave me my total and I noticed on the receipt the four games had the bonus and the other two did not. I told him I wanted to get some preorders and he had no clue how to do it. He asked the other employee and he didn't know either. He made a couple phone calls and got walked through it, but then wouldn't give the extra $20 off.

So, he then had to make a few more calls to find out how to take the full price game off and then take off the $20 bonus (that's when he told me about "premiere" games).

He was very nice, apologizing quite a bit and explaining how he used to manage a video only Blockbuster and how there were a lot of problems with the way the system had been working. (Of course, it wasn't a problem for me:))

I held back two

Thanks for your help
Doug[/QUOTE]

Others have already addressed your question - however, it seems you might have conflated the issues of "double-dipping" which (as others have said) depends on the GR and specific employee, and is not dependent on your actions, and that of "flipping" which is something a customer can do (sounds like that's what you are talking about in your example though I don't follow it :D). Of course, if your GR allows double-dipping I suppose it makes "flipping" all the more profitable - but we won't go down that road again :D.

Suffice it to say, if your GR allows double-dipping you are very lucky. I (and h2dk) have seen plenty of good times (double-dipping through most of the $5 bonus deal), but apparently this has been shut down by the new manager at our GR - so the lesson is if they allow it, do it as much as you can while you've got things you want to preorder! That's basically what I did after I heard on this thread that some people's GR's stopped the double-dipping part way through the 2 deals. I tried to gather a list of all the potential games I might want that are in the GR system, found as many games as I could to trade in, and went to town on the preorders. I ended up with 16, though many people here have done WAY more, including one dude with about 70!

Get to your closest GR ASAP as the $5 bonus deal ends Monday! And enjoy!

[quote name='stager36']Can anyone tell me more about this premiere title stuff? I have been trading for a while with Gamerush and never heard of this.[/QUOTE]

Apparently some stores have only been accepting these titles for the trade promos. It must be store specific as it is not in the MAP or e-mail.

[quote name='m2845']When can you pre-order the xbox 360?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

With luck next week but we may not hear anything till June. (I searched the system yesterday and there was nothing...thoug there are some titles in the system under Xbox that are only for 360 (Kameo, Quake IV, etc.)

[quote name='CoryCubed']Apparently some stores have only been accepting these titles for the trade promos. It must be store specific as it is not in the MAP or e-mail.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured it was just the new manager at the OR GR doing this on his own. It seems that it is ONLY this store - or has anyone else run into this?

I did this today at BB, had no problems with the 5 dollars extra:

XBox:

Bloodrayne: 12
Powerdrome: 16
Midway Arcade: 12

GCN:

Def Jam Vendetta: 10

I know it says this deal ends very soon, but I talked to a BB guy who said "this ones gonna still be going for awhile". I have a feeling hes off on that one, but I'll give an update if I notice that BB's are still doing this after tomorrow.

[quote name='chargeup45']I did this today at BB, had no problems with the 5 dollars extra:

I know it says this deal ends very soon, but I talked to a BB guy who said "this ones gonna still be going for awhile". I have a feeling hes off on that one, but I'll give an update if I notice that BB's are still doing this after tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I called my local BB and they said the $5 deal is off - now they have some wierd trade 3 and get the regular trade value plus get $3 off 3 used titles?? They seemed a little confused. But just in case I called another BB and they said the $5 deal is still on - and that it would run another month! I certainly don't buy that, but it is running today, anyway, which is good enough for me - off I go...

I won't even try my GR with their "premiere" title BS.

The Gamerush in Daytona Beach, FL is definitely allowing for double dipping. I was able to trade in 10 junky games that have been sitting on my trade list for years for God of War, Mercenaries, and Psychonauts. Each one rang up for $29.99 ($20 discount), and this was on top of the $5 extra per traded-in title.

Hooray for Gamerush!

does anyone know how much Soul Calibur 2, Tales of Symphonia, and Burnout 3 will sell for?
The last time I checked, ToS was labled 50 bucks. Not sure about Burnout but around 50 too.

I had a GR employee tell me Friday night that, starting Monday, 5/16, you can trade in 3 games and get ANY used game for $5. This seems too good to be true. Can any GR employees confirm this?:pray:

[quote name='neocisco']I had a GR employee tell me Friday night that, starting Monday, 5/16, you can trade in 3 games and get ANY used game for $5. This seems too good to be true. Can any GR employees confirm this?:pray:[/QUOTE]

I confirmed it in the previous thread actually. Our new map and the new trade flyers have all the info along with the barcode for the employee to scan.

So, outside of Freestyle Street Soccer and old sports titles, are there going to be any major exclusions from the "trade-in 3 get one for $5 deal?"

I'd like to know so I don't end up with titles I can't trade-in.

Edit: Is there any word on when this new deal ends? I looked back but couldn't find any mention of it.

[quote name='sonjool']does anyone know how much Soul Calibur 2, Tales of Symphonia, and Burnout 3 will sell for?
The last time I checked, ToS was labled 50 bucks. Not sure about Burnout but around 50 too.[/QUOTE]

They had Burnout 3 new for 39.99 at the Farmington Hills, MI Gamerush. But its been $20 at Target and hopefully it will drop at GR soon.

[quote name='ramprider0']Wow trade 3 get a preowned for 5.00$ starts tomorrow! Where have I been?[/QUOTE]

Does this hold true for regular BBs as well or just GR stores?

does new deal start monday or tuesday i have heard was tuesday, also, my game rush will price match competors, i got burnout 3 from them for 19.99, by telling them about target. i hate other stores so i never abuse them on this, i ownt say a word on a couple dollars but for 20 i will say something

i just talked to local gamerush in the south, said deal might not happen, said it was a mistake, i hope not, corycubed have you heard this, video game budget sinking

so here is the question....

the 3 games get a PO for $5... does this have any restrictions on titles??? Sports, older titles, etc...

thanks guys...

so how is everyone gonna work this???

You can buy a game for $5.... (i.e. 5 for 25)

Trade it in for $1-2....

Get a PO for $5...

So you have $5-6 credit and you pay $5 for any PO...

So basically you get ANY PO for $15...

Trade in on this maxes out at $35.... if you are lucky enough to find a high trade in title....

The reward here doesn't seem to grand unless you can find a good trade in deal..

Any input anyone???

ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back