usb 3.0 on ps3?

Yes. It will not be USB 3 speed though.
Eh really? Do you have somehwere I could read a little more about that? Sounds pretty ridiculous. You're saying it technically supports usb 3.0 but not at usb 3.0 speeds?
In USB 3.0, dual-bus architecture is used to allow both USB 2.0 (Full Speed, Low Speed, or High Speed) and USB 3.0 (Super Speed) operations to take place simultaneously, thus providing backward compatibility. Connections are such that they also permit forward compatibility, that is, running USB 3.0 devices on USB 2.0 ports. The structural topology is the same, consisting of a tiered star topology with a root hub at level 0 and hubs at lower levels to provide bus connectivity to devices.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_3.0

Last edited by a moderator:
Right I know that, the problem I have with it would be the PS4 releasing at the end of 2013, yet not supporting usb 3.0 "super" speeds. That's lame. Granted, maybe they don't need it to support 3.0 speeds for any reason. I guess the Xbox would need to (or should) for the external hard drive which you don't need on the PS4.

Right I know that, the problem I have with it would be the PS4 releasing at the end of 2013, yet not supporting usb 3.0 "super" speeds. That's lame. Granted, maybe they don't need it to support 3.0 speeds for any reason. I guess the Xbox would need to (or should) for the external hard drive which you don't need on the PS4.
This topic is about the PlayStation 3, not the 4. It's literally impossible for you to get 3.0 speeds from a 2.0 port, but it is still possible to use. The PS4 will have a 3.0 port and should beyond a shadow of doubt work at 3.0 speed.

This topic is about the PlayStation 3, not the 4. It's literally impossible for you to get 3.0 speeds from a 2.0 port, but it is still possible to use. The PS4 will have a 3.0 port and should beyond a shadow of doubt work at 3.0 speed.
Oh wow. I read everything as PS4 for some reason. I'm done here.

bread's done
Back