Mlb 13 the Show Ps Vita $19.99 @ Gamestop.

Thanks for finding this. I'll go snag a copy tomorrow. 

Man, spending way too much on my Vita these days. 

This is the new msrp for it as well as the PS3 version going for $39.99 now as there is a sign in Gamestop displaying these.

I plan to pick up the Vita version used for $13 and change after the bday coupon and yes it will come with an online pass printed on the receipt since it's a Sony published title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing that it pains me a tad that I paid full price for it on PSN. but oh well. At least I have had a good time with it haha.

This is the new msrp for it as well as the PS3 version going for $39.99 now as there is a sign in Gamestop displaying these.
I plan to pick up the Vita version used for $13 and change after the bday coupon and yes it will come with an online pass printed on the receipt since it's a Sony published title.
are you 100% sure that it is $19.99 in store? I just don't want to go out of my way to go get one used if it isn't because the only one that has one is pretty far. Gamestop sucks when it comes to honoring the price on their website.

Hmmm thanks OP I have the PS3 version and it's pretty great. I had MLB 12 on Vita last year and like others have said didn't really like it as much. I'm hoping this year's version is a step up so I might give it a shot for the price.

Most places have had the PS3 version at $40 for a week or two but not seeing anywhere other than GS with it the Vita version at $20, probably right though and they're just ahead of the curve. Makes my glad I dumped my PS3 copy for $30 last week, was getting super frustrated with the game, but it's tempting to grab the Vita version for that price since last year's version still goes for $20 most places. That and it should be able to grab my cloud saves...

It is probably YMMV, but my Walmart had two copies for $5 each of MLB 13: The Show for Vita about 2 weeks ago.  Glad I traded my $5 Walmart copy into Amazon before the TIV dropped.  Got $17 for it from Amazon before the price started dropping.  May be worth checking out if you can't score a cheap used copy and Gamestop.

It is probably YMMV, but my Walmart had two copies for $5 each of MLB 13: The Show for Vita about 2 weeks ago. Glad I traded my $5 Walmart copy into Amazon before the TIV dropped. Got $17 for it from Amazon before the price started dropping. May be worth checking out if you can't score a cheap used copy and Gamestop.
It is Walmart. :booty:

Has it improved since last year? Last time out it was near impossible to score for me.
I'm wondering about this as well. I read that there were some new features that made it more forgiving for new players, but I'd be interested to hear whether they made much difference.

Please take a minute to tell Amazon about the price: MLB 13 The Show @ Amazon
I did, have credit at both places if I decide to get it though I'm not fond of running the chance of getting a gutted copy with stickers all over it (not that I would accept it anyway). Amazon hasn't been matching much of GS's pricing lately it seems.

I did, have credit at both places if I decide to get it though I'm not fond of running the chance of getting a gutted copy with stickers all over it (not that I would accept it anyway). Amazon hasn't been matching much of GS's pricing lately it seems.
Yeah, making purchases at GameStop is always a risk; and that's why I almost never do it anymore. Almost never a positive experience...

Regardless, with this deal I've tried several times to set up an in-store pickup at various GameStops in my area, and the transaction always ends in an error. Wondering if this is a pricing error that they're frantically trying to correct.

Yeah, making purchases at GameStop is always a risk; and that's why I almost never do it anymore. Almost never a positive experience...

Regardless, with this deal I've tried several times to set up an in-store pickup at various GameStops in my area, and the transaction always ends in an error. Wondering if this is a pricing error that they're frantically trying to correct.
I submitted a hold request just now and it worked fine.

are you 100% sure that it is $19.99 in store? I just don't want to go out of my way to go get one used if it isn't because the only one that has one is pretty far. Gamestop sucks when it comes to honoring the price on their website.
I'm actually wondering the same thing in regards to the PS3 version. It's showing $37.99 online price / $54.99 in-store price. I'd really consider going and grabbing this in store with a birthday coupon or something, but not at $54.99.

If SAVER was still working, I might have just taken a chance and ordered it online. I can't stand paying tax AND shipping.

Just called my closest store and they're all out of copies; however, the employee said that they can order the game with free shipping if you do it from the actual B&M, so I may do that this afternoon.

Half off MSRP and the All Star break isn't even here yet.  Wow, I would never buy a baseball game at full price.  I barely even watch a game until mid-July and I'm a pretty big sports fan, in general.

Half off MSRP and the All Star break isn't even here yet. Wow, I would never buy a baseball game at full price. I barely even watch a game until mid-July and I'm a pretty big sports fan, in general.
Yeah, that's why I didn't grab the PS3 version until it was part of a 2 for $70 sale and went ahead and sold it when I was able to get about $30 for it (two months and a whole heck of a lot of hours later).

Edit- Also WTF, I just looked at my hold email and it says Game Boy Advance for the platform. I'm really curious to see if they manage to find an MLB 13 game for GBA. :lol:

Has it improved since last year? Last time out it was near impossible to score for me.

I'm wondering about this as well. I read that there were some new features that made it more forgiving for new players, but I'd be interested to hear whether they made much difference.
I can't speak for the Vita version, but assuming the mechanics are the same as the PS3, the changes have made a huge difference. The timing window for hitting was made larger without completely dumbing down the batting aspect. Novices can actually feel like they have a chance in a game rather than being shutout every game for a while before they get the hang of it like in prior years.

I can't speak for the Vita version, but assuming the mechanics are the same as the PS3, the changes have made a huge difference. The timing window for hitting was made larger without completely dumbing down the batting aspect. Novices can actually feel like they have a chance in a game rather than being shutout every game for a while before they get the hang of it like in prior years.
Yeah, I've only played the PS3 version so far and as a complete new comer to the series had a really hard time at first but after a couple hours it was no issue playing with the analog controls. Now, I wish I had known about beginner mode when I started because that makes things a lot easier and naturally raises the difficulty a little as you progress. It's not an actual mode but the difficulty setting when you're picking sides, set it to beginner which defaults to timing for controls but that can be changed to the other schemes in the options menu or by creating a custom difficulty setting. The reviews I've read don't seem to have a lot of issue with the game itself, more that in comparison to the PS3 version it's more clear where the corners were cut to make it work (graphical fidelity, load times, some minor features).

Snagged a copy at a local store, paid $12.69 thanks to a few trade-ins (including MLB 12 The Show on Vita).  Won't get to actually play it until after work...

Just called my closest store and they're all out of copies; however, the employee said that they can order the game with free shipping if you do it from the actual B&M, so I may do that this afternoon.
Free shipping takes a week though so beware.

Might as well pick it up from Amazon.  The trade in value will probably hold above $8 for it throughout the season.  I'll trade it in toward a PS4 game in November maybe.

It is probably YMMV, but my Walmart had two copies for $5 each of MLB 13: The Show for Vita about 2 weeks ago. Glad I traded my $5 Walmart copy into Amazon before the TIV dropped. Got $17 for it from Amazon before the price started dropping. May be worth checking out if you can't score a cheap used copy and Gamestop.
Wow. My Walmart never makes mistakes like this :p

What's ironic is that it's more the "dumb features" of the game that are pulling me back in. I just got a new TV with 3D and picked up a Move controller a while ago. So, I'm actually excited to try to swing at a few balls in 3D, haha. I was madly in love with The Show from 2006-2009. But after 2010, I just couldn't take it anymore. The game seemed to become so tedious and seriously felt like it was trolling me, lol. I couldn't get CPU batters to chase anything out of the zone, regardless of how much break it had. And then when I'd try to be a patient hitter, some scrub CPU pitcher would just paint the corners to put me in an 0-2 hole. And of course, if you ever wanted to play online, it was the worst experience ever. As odd as it might sound, coming back to the series from a "casual" standpoint might be the best thing for me.

Only copy I could track down was the one that was held for me which was a gutted copy.  Is it normal that Gamestop doesn't put a seal on the side of the case or did the guy just forget? (I haven't bought a gutted game from GS in around a decade)  Thinking I might order the gold box one off Amazon, save the tax and a dollar, have it sealed and return this one.

What's ironic is that it's more the "dumb features" of the game that are pulling me back in. I just got a new TV with 3D and picked up a Move controller a while ago. So, I'm actually excited to try to swing at a few balls in 3D, haha. I was madly in love with The Show from 2006-2009. But after 2010, I just couldn't take it anymore. The game seemed to become so tedious and seriously felt like it was trolling me, lol. I couldn't get CPU batters to chase anything out of the zone, regardless of how much break it had. And then when I'd try to be a patient hitter, some scrub CPU pitcher would just paint the corners to put me in an 0-2 hole. And of course, if you ever wanted to play online, it was the worst experience ever. As odd as it might sound, coming back to the series from a "casual" standpoint might be the best thing for me.
I've bought The Show just about every year since EA stopped making MLB games, and this year's is the first to make me feel the same way MVP did. It's just so good. It's almost perfect. The only things I would add are the Hitter's Eye feature from MVP, which showed each type of pitch as a different color, so they were easier to read out of the pitcher's hand. Also, the directional batting using the left analog stick, where you could influence fly balls/ground balls, as well as pulling a pitch or driving it the other way. I've been told that The Show has this feature, but I've never gotten it to work as well as it did for me in the MVP games.

I've bought The Show just about every year since EA stopped making MLB games, and this year's is the first to make me feel the same way MVP did. It's just so good. It's almost perfect. The only things I would add are the Hitter's Eye feature from MVP, which showed each type of pitch as a different color, so they were easier to read out of the pitcher's hand. Also, the directional batting using the left analog stick, where you could influence fly balls/ground balls, as well as pulling a pitch or driving it the other way. I've been told that The Show has this feature, but I've never gotten it to work as well as it did for me in the MVP games.
The only thing that gets to me, and it happened with 2K11 when I was on 360 as well, is that you play enough and you start to see the lack of randomness. What I mean is that there's only so many places a ball will actually go when hit since there's a limit to the physics simulation. Then you get this string of luck where you're pitching and nailing your spot and it still keeps pulling out these cheese hits in the exact same spot. That's when I want to throw something. Still probably the best baseball game I've played, with the last MVP being second, so maybe I just play these games too much.

Ordered it from Amazon, so if anyone can inform me about whether the "new" copy I bought at Amazon was supposed to have a seal or anything that I'm going to have trouble returning it let me know while I can still cancel it.

The only thing that gets to me, and it happened with 2K11 when I was on 360 as well, is that you play enough and you start to see the lack of randomness. What I mean is that there's only so many places a ball will actually go when hit since there's a limit to the physics simulation. Then you get this string of luck where you're pitching and nailing your spot and it still keeps pulling out these cheese hits in the exact same spot. That's when I want to throw something. Still probably the best baseball game I've played, with the last MVP being second, so maybe I just play these games too much.

Ordered it from Amazon, so if anyone can inform me about whether the "new" copy I bought at Amazon was supposed to have a seal or anything that I'm going to have trouble returning it let me know while I can still cancel it.
I try not to buy gutted games at Gamestop (well...or games at all lol), but from my experience, they're supposed to at least put one of the stickers around the case. Without one, I could see you possibly having trouble returning it...unless you get the same clerk or are willing to raise enough hell. I guess you gotta ask yourself if the dollar + tax is worth the risk...or the trouble of having to go back in there.

I try not to buy gutted games at Gamestop (well...or games at all lol), but from my experience, they're supposed to at least put one of the stickers around the case. Without one, I could see you possibly having trouble returning it...unless you get the same clerk or are willing to raise enough hell. I guess you gotta ask yourself if the dollar + tax is worth the risk...or the trouble of having to go back in there.
Yeah, I didn't know for sure when I was there that MLB 13 and not 2K was going to be the Amazon game and none of the others had it. The little bit of money is eh but those stickers piss the living daylights out of me. At the same time I guess you're right that it's probably not worth $2.20 and the headache.

For anyone still on the fence with this I've been playing it a fair bit the last few days and it's pretty impressive; I could nitpick a number of little things but it's 95% of the PS3 version,  The best things are that it looks good, plays right and most of the presentation elements are there.  It was also a pleasant surprise that they've speed up the pace of the game between pitches and can get to the next one quicker.  The downside is that up close the models are clearly not as detailed, some of the interface elements are really aliased, and the menus force touch screen use at times.  The short length and throw of the sticks is not quite as well suited to the analog controls and the meters are a little small on screen but I'm getting the hang of it after two days.  Oh and don't pitch with the camera behind the pitcher, the crowd looks like it belongs on the SNES when viewed head on.

Surprisingly the one thing that I really miss from the PS3 version is the controller vibration.  It's one of those little things that's done so right on the PS3 version that you don't even think about it over time but then you start placing your pitches without it's guidance and it's quite noticeable in it's absence.  The cross save is also really convoluted and it's not just your save that PS+ pushes to the cloud but you actually have to push it to a separate cloud from an in-game menu.  This is not clear at all and I never once saw this option on the PS3 version so didn't even know I had to do it until the Vita couldn't find my RTTS guy.  Sadly, I had already sold my PS3 copy days before so now I'm starting over.

Overall if you want a baseball game for your Vita I can entirely recommend picking this up.

Great...I am getting a Vita again and picked up 12 cause I had already RTTS character progressed. I guess I need to pick this up instead if it's that much of an upgrade...

bread's done
Back