Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition - $14.90 - Amazon - FSSS/Prime

I just tried this yesterday (06-25-13). The DLC code says that it's valid March 1, 2012 - March 31, 2013. I tried it anyway and then it showed 5 items being available. The 2 car packs and 1 course pack showed up as being available to download. The other 2 - the paint pack and something like an accessory pack (maybe helmets, I don't remember) didn't show up in the download list. So they might have unlocked something on the disk or in the patch. So as of yesterday, the DLC code appears to still work.

I just tried this yesterday (06-25-13). The DLC code says that it's valid March 1, 2012 - March 31, 2013. I tried it anyway and then it showed 5 items being available. The 2 car packs and 1 course pack showed up as being available to download. The other 2 - the paint pack and something like an accessory pack (maybe helmets, I don't remember) didn't show up in the download list. So they might have unlocked something on the disk or in the patch. So as of yesterday, the DLC code appears to still work.
Have you looked into the link I posted? Apparently, those DLC may show up in the in-game marketplace

I played this at release and quit at the VW van race since I couldn't beat it.

I wonder if I should give the game another chance.

Picked it up at BB pricematched with Amazon.

The DLC voucher in my copy has an expiration date of March 31, 2015 so I'm not expecting any problems there.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems kinda pointless to buy this since GT5XXL is coming out later this year. :p ;)

still my regular copy from when it released, but are the any of the DLC worth it? i might just start playing the with the copy i have. i know i have that big update which is the last time i played. lol

I played this at release and quit at the VW van race since I couldn't beat it.

I wonder if I should give the game another chance.
The game's amazing if you have a driving wheel setup like the Logitech G27. Otherwise, I find playing this game to be a chore.

And I'm sure it will be $15 day one with a bunch of DLC like this offer.
My point (which was a joke) was that GT6 will be better since it's being re-built to an extent with more content and fixes, versus paying $15 for patched up version of a broken release.

My point (which was a joke) was that GT6 will be better since it's being re-built to an extent with more content and fixes, versus paying $15 for patched up version of a broken release.
Okay, I see what you're saying. I actually haven't played a Gran Turismo game since the original on PS1.

I didn't realize that Gran Turismo was one of those disposable type series like Madden, where when the new version comes out the old one is shovelware. lol I always avoid games like that in general.

I'm still surprised that GT6 is coming out for PS3 instead of PS4. I wonder how quickly GT (PS4) will be coming out, you might want to even wait for that if you're planning on getting a PS4.

I just got a PS3 and I'm still on the fence about getting this title or just waiting for a deal when GT6 drops

I just got a PS3 and I'm still on the fence about getting this title or just waiting for a deal when GT6 drops
Do you have a huge backlog of games to play? Craving for some racing simulator games? Short on money?

IMO, I will just wait till GT5XL reaches 10 bucks or wait for a good deal on pre ordering GT6, whichever comes first.

And, the 3D! Don't forget to mention the 3D!!!!!!!!

Lol. I have this game. Played it for about 5 seconds. I'll get back to it, eventually.

The 3D in this game is pretty subdued imo.  And it was one of the first 3D games and thus there is a fair amount of ghosting if you keep the guide line in place on the track. 

i also got gt 5 at launch, played the hell out of it using the preorder amazon bonus mercerdes AMG or something like that, then i put it away for a while and when i went back my car was gone. it was a beast too, looking at my invoice i only paid $34.99 for it too, dont know how i pulled that off. must have been in the good old days of amazon promos.

still my regular copy from when it released, but are the any of the DLC worth it? i might just start playing the with the copy i have. i know i have that big update which is the last time i played. lol
Personally I think the Spa track is well worth price of the DLC. The track is amazing.

For realistic racing games, I have to say the Forza games are much more fun. GT 1-4 were pretty good for their times, but GT5 just didn't feel good for me. Maybe it's the clunky menu system, the forever loading times, maybe too much Forza, I don't know. Just couldn't get into it. It just feels more like work than play.

IMO, I will just wait till GT5XL reaches 10 bucks or wait for a good deal on pre ordering GT6, whichever comes first.
The $10 GT5XL came many times during last winter, but I guess you missed them all. ;)

Good lord. An hour later and I can finally play. 12 updates, 2 gig mandatory install, and then 8 gig install.
Yeah, I picked up GT5 XL and thought I'd throw it in for a quick race before bed, big mistake as I proceeded to browse websites on my phone for an hour waiting for the damn thing to install and update.

bread's done
Back