Best Buy (YMMV?) Vita 4GB Memory Card Clearance - $6.99 (other deals too)

theghost4413

CAGiversary!
Scored 3 of these tonight, not the most ideal size but for $6.99 it is a steal of a deal. Bought all my Best Buy had in stock! This is clearance so as always with clearance maybe YMMV

Other deals:

AC Adapter - $2.99

Data Cable - $6.99

Portable Charging Adapter - $3.99 (Car Charging Adapter for the Vita)

Cradle - $5.99

Wii U GamePad Storage Case w/ Silicone Wrap, Screen Cleaner - $5.99

Nyko Wii Wand + - $6.99 (Also bought 1 for the Wii U :whistle2:D)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to be that guy, but having owned a Vita since Christmas, the 4 gb cards are next to worthless. The vita isn't designed to swap cards, and performs even worse than the PSP in this regard, so anyone planning to load up on the 4gb card equivalent of 32gb+ is going to be incredibly disappointed in the hassle in swapping vita cards.

Frankly, I wouldn't buy more than one 4 gb card. I got my 32 gb card for $50 earlier this year and I would advise anyone new to the vita to wait for a sale or deal on the 32 gb cards rather than grabbing a bunch of these.

FYI walmart is having a similar clearance. I picked up 2 4gb cards for $5 a piece.
:whistle2:( Sad thing with Walmart is it's not everywhere, Best Buy seems a little more chain wide when they clearance things (Have seen a similar post for some Vita accessories previously). Checked out my Walmart tonight and notta :cry: Sad Panda! Thanks for the Heads Up though, might want to check if you're in a Walmart :rofl:

I hate to be that guy, but having owned a Vita since Christmas, the 4 gb cards are next to worthless. The vita isn't designed to swap cards, and performs even worse than the PSP in this regard, so anyone planning to load up on the 4gb card equivalent of 32gb+ is going to be incredibly disappointed in the hassle in swapping vita cards.

Frankly, I wouldn't buy more than one 4 gb card. I got my 35 gb card for $50 earlier this year and I would advise anyone new to the vita to wait for a sale or deal on the 32 gb cards rather than grabbing a bunch of these.
I have had two and didn't mind it, kinda sucks having to shut down the system to swap, but for $5-7 dollars (pending if it's Walmart or Best Buy) I don't mind lol!

they patched it not long ago. used to have to format to swap, or some such. or something. now its easier. you can store a game or two on each and swap them like game cartriges. not bad, but I did get the 32 gig so I am fine.

they patched it not long ago. used to have to format to swap, or some such. or something. now its easier. you can store a game or two on each and swap them like game cartriges. not bad, but I did get the 32 gig so I am fine.

It wouldn't format the card it just would not remember the icon placement which is what prevented me from using anything but a 32GB. Now I use a 4, 16, and 32.

Could this be a sign that Sony is ready to announce a 64 GB card?  My theory is that the 4 will get phased out and all the existing sizes will have their MSRP reduced to the current price of the next smaller card.  And the 64 GB will be MSRP $100.  I really hope so, my 32 is just about full.

Could this be a sign that Sony is ready to announce a 64 GB card? My theory is that the 4 will get phased out and all the existing sizes will have their MSRP reduced to the current price of the next smaller card. And the 64 GB will be MSRP $100. I really hope so, my 32 is just about full.
If they're going to make the 32GB the base size it's possible but stores have been clearancing out random sizes at random intervals. Would be great but I think it's just as likely that these stores are just going ahead and shrinking what's likely their lowest revenue video game section even farther. The Vita's a great system but there's next to no reason to devote any floor space to it and these merchandising honchos have to find room for two new systems sooner than later.

Yikes 4GB Vita Cards for $6.99 is not a good deal. In the Target clearance section of practically all the Target stores I go too have 8GB cards for $7.98 and 16GB cards for $17.98 obviously (YMMV) I would suggest checking out Target b4 Best Buy. FYI I went to 7 stores yesterday on my monthly clearance spree shopping and they all had vita cards on clearance for those prices, some had just the 8GB or the 16GB, some had both. Check Target first before Best Buy if you can. I actually posted this on the Target clearance thread over a month ago, so there are still stores with these in their clearance section. Just remember to check, also most targets have the gaming clearance in a deserted part of the store (seriously) they're in places I would never look. I have seen a 32GB for like $40+ but only at one store.

Damn it, and I just bought a brand new 4GB Memory card off of Ebay for $10 when all stores are having clearance on these.

@kickrockz I hear stories of amazing Target clearances all the time. Mine only ever seems to have crappy Bluetooth headsets and coloring books.

@kickrockz I hear stories of amazing Target clearances all the time. Mine only ever seems to have crappy Bluetooth headsets and coloring books.
That sucks, but eventually you come across some gems. I would also take those headset and coloring books anyday over seeing Shaun White Skateboarding for PS3 at every freaking store. I never have luck when trying to find things I see other people found, but I always find stuff I didn't even know was on clearance.

I don't think the 4gb are useless at all.  I use them to load up on PSX games and small indie games.  Granted, who wouldn't want one 32gb with everything on it, but at $7 vs. A LOT I can tolerate the inconvenience of having to swap memory cards to play a game (you know, kinda like I have to swap Vita carts anyway)

bread's done
Back