* - - - - 1 votes

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/28-8/3)

sunday ads

#121 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

I actually gave it a shot when I was at my local Target today and failed. The minute you hand over the pre-order card it will discount the $10 off skyrim(Wish it was a $10 target gift card instead), so they will PM off the $49.99 price. Wasted $1 but $35 on skyrim legendary ain't bad.

You suppose to have them price match it @ $35 1st! Then hand them the pre order card, it will then knock it down to 25 sir. Only thing you have to worry about is the team member/GSTL noticing/caring if you double dip! The system will allow it automatically with no problems.

Up for trade/sell:

Xbox Credit $45

Lawbreakers (PS4 Digital Code)

Check my trade thread for full list of offers! (Updated 8/19)

#122 htz  

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

You suppose to have them price match it @ $35 1st! Then hand them the pre order card, it will then knock it down to 25 sir. Only thing you have to worry about is the team member/GSTL noticing/caring if you double dip! The system will allow it automatically with no problems.

Yeah I think my mistake was them seeing the pre-order card in my hand. I had some target gift cards to spend so $35 is alright for me. Good luck to other CAGs.

#123 dorkyden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   834 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

Not sure about visa but they do sell MasterCard prepaid cards

are you sure? i think they only sell prepaid American Express cards. and you cant buy em with target gift cards. 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

Don't forget to use ebates when you shop at Best Buy, ebay, Dell, newegg, etc!

#124 247   . CAGiversary!   1519 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

are you sure? i think they only sell prepaid American Express cards. and you cant buy em with target gift cards.

you might be right, I just know they don't sell Visa cards.

#125 raven054   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

I had no problem getting the b2g1 in store after having the guy put in my rewards zone number I got 3 fifas for 34 with tax. Did not have to even show the paper as! Customer service was able to confirm how many was in store before I went also.

#126 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6449 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

I had no problem getting the b2g1 in store after having the guy put in my rewards zone number I got 3 fifas for 34 with tax. Did not have to even show the paper as! Customer service was able to confirm how many was in store before I went also.

Did it show online that your store had them in-stock? None of them anywhere near me, about 8 stores, have them in-stock in-store.

#127 raven054   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

Did it show online that your store had them in-stock? None of them anywhere near me, about 8 stores, have them in-stock in-store.

Yes it did then customer service said they had 4 in store.. I would call customer service because I do remember her saying one store had one copy but it didn't show up online.

#128 Raye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   851 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

Thank you OP for bringing this to my attention. I brought my TRU ad to BB to PM Skyrim LE. Wound up trading my vanilla version and got $12 for it. Walked out with the LE for $26. I could have waited until it would have inevitably hit $20 like all Bethesda GOTY releases but didn't feel like holding out until next year to play the game again.

RayeKasai.png

#129 Inf^Shini   is Han Cholo CAGiversary!   6741 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

I could have waited until it would have inevitably hit $20 like all Bethesda GOTY releases but didn't feel like holding out until next year to play the game again.

I did this for Oblivion GOTY, and it just sat in my collection untouched. I ended up trading it back in months later since I knew I'd never get around to it when Skyrim showed up.

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#130 jcp42877   Semper Fortis CAGiversary!   2960 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

Thank you OP for bringing this to my attention. I brought my TRU ad to BB to PM Skyrim LE. Wound up trading my vanilla version and got $12 for it. Walked out with the LE for $26. I could have waited until it would have inevitably hit $20 like all Bethesda GOTY releases but didn't feel like holding out until next year to play the game again.

Well I won't have a TRU ad, but I have a phone screenshot of the price, but glad you got a PM.

My Target ONCE again has failed in having a game for PS3, while it has plenty for 360. Had 7 copies of Skyrim vanilla, 3 of which they had behind the LE sticker..while they had 3 LE for 360.

This happened again when Metro LL was $45 a couple weeks ago...their site said my store had one copy in stock, which the guy basically said I'm SOL, while 360 had 2 copies of the game.

I'm going by my BBY tomorrow morning...hopefully they match the PS3 price, as they DO have it in stock

1063798.png

#131 jellisunc  

jellisunc

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

there is everyones skyrim they have been waiting on

#132 jcp42877   Semper Fortis CAGiversary!   2960 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:04 AM

there is everyones skyrim they have been waiting on

Yea but still...the games I want that are out of stock only seem to be at the stores that allow price matching :/

And just PS3 is OOS..

1063798.png

#133 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1334 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:08 AM

Yea but still...the games I want that are out of stock only seem to be at the stores that allow price matching :/

And just PS3 is OOS..

Order online?

#134 jcp42877   Semper Fortis CAGiversary!   2960 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

Order online?

Always a possibility, but I hate the wait, shipping cost on top of tax...yadda yadda

1063798.png

#135 thegame85   Spicy Curry #30 CAGiversary!   1438 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

I tried buying Dead Island Riptide and a GTA V preorder card and it wouldn't deduct the $10, had to do it manually and get an override.
Posted Image

#136 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

Shipping is 5-6 bucks a game. Amazon is around the same for prime members

#137 CAGMoose   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

CAGMoose

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

Had I known this was coming from TRU, I would have done the NCAA 14 release week deal.

#138 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1334 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

Always a possibility, but I hate the wait, shipping cost on top of tax...yadda yadda

Doesn't BB have free shipping? Hey, at least you could lock in the deal!

Normally I go around from TRU to BB to Walmart for matching if you have ones nearby.

#139 dothatthing   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

dothatthing

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

Dead Island Riptide seems the most likely from this list to be super cheap with a price match + $10 off.

What price match would that be?  It is already $29.99 at target, so is there a cheaper price somewhere else for us to match?

Posted Image

#140 muni   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Fry's has the 3ds xl for 179.99.

http://www.frys.com/product/7193842

#141 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2009 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Anyone else trying to get the Buy 2 get 1 free used games deal to work? It's not happening when I add three pre-owned items to my cart. 

848734.png

#142 DealGenius  

DealGenius

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Gonna try and PM at Target and use the $1 reserve and get $10 off deal to get Skyrim for $26.xx

edit:  Also, where does it state "Reserve "x game" and get $10 off one of these games" at Target?

#143 nixmahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2661 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Op says @ BB there is a b2G1 on used, but link doesn't point to it.  Is it in the ad, rings up at register?

#144 jcp42877   Semper Fortis CAGiversary!   2960 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

Well ended up getting Skyrim LE at my local BBY, but they wouldn't match TRU, so I went the $39.99 Amazon route instead.

Idk why they wouldn't match TRU...I thought Best Buy was making permanent their PM policy from 2012 holidays? And during that time, they were PM'ing everyone AND their mamas. I've PM'ed TRU's site at that store before, but the girl quickly looked at a small list next to the register an said "uhhh, no, we don't match toys r us" well do you match amazon? "Yes..as long as its shipped and sold by them"

Spent $5 more, but I was looking at paying that price point a week and a half ago before anyone had a sale on it, so I'm cool

1063798.png

#145 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

Well ended up getting Skyrim LE at my local BBY, but they wouldn't match TRU, so I went the $39.99 Amazon route instead.

Idk why they wouldn't match TRU...I thought Best Buy was making permanent their PM policy from 2012 holidays? And during that time, they were PM'ing everyone AND their mamas. I've PM'ed TRU's site at that store before, but the girl quickly looked at a small list next to the register an said "uhhh, no, we don't match toys r us" well do you match amazon? "Yes..as long as its shipped and sold by them"

Spent $5 more, but I was looking at paying that price point a week and a half ago before anyone had a sale on it, so I'm cool

toysrus is not on their official pricematching website.

If you find a lower price on a qualifying product at a local retail competitor's store or a designated major online retailer, we will match the price. At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com®. We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

#146 xNEEKx   CAG Newbie CAG in Training   3 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

I tried buying Dead Island Riptide and a GTA V preorder card and it wouldn't deduct the $10, had to do it manually and get an override.

What do you mean because i wanted to do the same thing

#147 Konfusion   Bleeding Purple and Black CAGiversary!   1657 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

You shouldn't have a problem price matching TRU as long as they are a "local competitor" and you bring in this weeks ad. Trying to price match the website is a bit of a YMMV situation, but I would say there is a good chance to do it if you get the right employee. Technically, TRU is not on their list of online retailers they match, but I think most employees won't stop you considering TRU is a major retailer and not some no name website.

OrganizedChaos11.png

#148 Persona Eater   Naked Nudist CAGiversary!   148 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Persona Eater

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:59 AM

Defiance is 19.96 for PS3 at the Walmart I work at. I don't know if it's a sale or price drop or what. I just changed the price tag today though.

#149 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

I don't have a link, but a "complete" edition for Injustice has already been confirmed, though no release date info is available yet. Personally, I'd wait for that version.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I thought I had heard of something mentioned since Martian Manhunter was supposedly that last DLC character they wanted to do before moving on (or something like that), though the community wanted several more. I guess I'll just keep sitting tight. Just picked up MK 9 Komplete and King of fighter XIII to play for the time being.

#150 lovepig78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

So does target double the amounts from targettradeinprogram.com? Or are those values already doubled?