Who knows what is in the Bill?

egofed

CAGiversary!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/senators-dont-know-if-bill-encourages-hiring-amnestied-immigrants-instead-us-citizens_737897.html

"I don't know. I'd have to look at it closely," said Senator Bob Casey of Pennsylvania. "I just haven't read it that closely to know."

"We're trying to solve that right now. I don't know if that's been solved," Senator Max Baucus of Montana (chief author of Obamacare) told THE WEEKLY STANDARD.

Senator Tom Carper of Delaware said he was too busy to answer the question. "I don't have the time to drill down on it right now," he told me.

So we have these monstrous bills that nobody reads thoroughly (or at all) and they are forced through with sooooo much pork...Major reforms are needed pronto. How can you vote on something responsibly without having a decent command of the included material?

Your sentiment is correct but you are focusing on this bill because you are ideologically opposed to it. Our government sucks but it's been that way for a long time now.

Your sentiment is correct but you are focusing on this bill because you are ideologically opposed to it. Our government sucks but it's been that way for a long time now.
Wow... this is some severe stupidity.

So our elected officials vote on issues and bills that they are not fully versed in that have ramifications on us and you are fine with it because our gov sucks. Hmm, maybe we the people should vote on some things to help lighten the load for them.

Wow... this is some severe stupidity.

So our elected officials vote on issues and bills that they are not fully versed in that have ramifications on us and you are fine with it because our gov sucks. Hmm, maybe we the people should vote on some things to help lighten the load for them.
Honestly buddy, you can't even read if that's what you got from my post.

Bills are complicated, news at 11.  There are offices and support staff that do nothing but read and research ramifications and so on (like the CBO).  My roommate does exactly this up at the capital here in Austin.

I'm sure some people would be fine with only passing a few pieces of legislation per session as dictated by the pace of if every representative read every word of the bill, but most would not be fine with that level of dysfunction. 

Though at the federal level, if we only read what bills could actually GET A fuckING VOTE, there wouldnt be much reading at all.

bread's done
Back