Gamestop: 4 used games $9.99 or less for $20

TheMaximumC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
YMMV

It wasn't put in the advertisement, but just started this yesterday. I know it sucks that it doesn't apply for the more expensive ones, but it is still B2G2. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if my gamestop is doing that because they  wold not give me the extra 30% promo they are falsely advertising 

I just called the store where my local district manager works, I've known him for a LONG time now.  He said he had heard nothing about this, but he rang up 4 copies of Homefront just to see if it kicked in.  It didn't.  He then put in a PUR card # to see if that had something to do with it, and he said it still didn't do anything.  So I'd say this is a store (or region) specific sale.  

I just called the store where my local district manager works, I've known him for a LONG time now. He said he had heard nothing about this, but he rang up 4 copies of Homefront just to see if it kicked in. It didn't. He then put in a PUR card # to see if that had something to do with it, and he said it still didn't do anything. So I'd say this is a store (or region) specific sale.
Well that's a shame but hardly surprising considering the quality of the OP.

Yeeeaaaa, I don't think this is true, at least how people have been saying region specific.

It actually sounds too good to be true, it's a promo that I don't see GameStop doing at all, let alone a specific region haha. A buy 2 get one sure, but not 2 for 2. I might give my GameStop a ring, but it's full of pretentious a-holes.

Yeeeaaaa, I don't think this is true, at least how people have been saying region specific.

It actually sounds too good to be true, it's a promo that I don't see GameStop doing at all, let alone a specific region haha. A buy 2 get one sure, but not 2 for 2. I might give my GameStop a ring, but it's full of pretentious a-holes.
I could have seen it just because the under $10 used stuff is pretty meh with the occasional gem and with new consoles coming it's probably close to time to start getting it moving.

I could have seen it just because the under $10 used stuff is pretty meh with the occasional gem and with new consoles coming it's probably close to time to start getting it moving.
Indeed, but I could have a very easy time finding titles I want 9.99 and under, if it turns out to be true in any fashion I'd walk out of GameStop with 8 games for 40 bucks no question haha.

Well that sucks. Would of gotten FFX 13, Naurto RON, MW2, and I suppose Rage. That's a great amount of gaming right there, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

It wasn't put in the advertisement, but just started this yesterday. I know it sucks that it doesn't apply for the more expensive ones, but it is still B2G2.
OP, this is a failed post. Next time, please include the store where you saw this, and add YMMV to the title.

I'm going to add another testimony here and call this deal BS.  I just called a store near me with a very good manager that always hooks me up with deals and he knows nothing of it.  He even called 4 of the other stores in the area along with the DM and called me back just to say nobody knew anything about it.

Edit:  This was in the Troy Michigan area if it helps any wondering about locations.

The DM at my store told me about the 50% bonus starting Monday as well, but he said it was regional.  I'm in Montgomery, AL btw - I'm used to my location showing under my username, but I guess that's another "upgrade" we got with the new site along with being forced to see the Twitter feed on the front page?   :roll:

i been spending some time looking for deals @ GS while working on this thread. There has been many games reduced lately but I havent seen anything about this. Hopefully Monday.

Sorry I didn't elaborate, I wanted to at least get the word out before I had to l leave for a few hours. 

I heard this straight from the DM personally calling our store to tell us to do this. Maybe is only RI and southern MA, I didn't think to put because honestly when does Gamestop ever pull special regional stuff like this?

Sorry I didn't elaborate, I wanted to at least get the word out before I had to l leave for a few hours.

I heard this straight from the DM personally calling our store to tell us to do this. Maybe is only RI and southern MA, I didn't think to put because honestly when does Gamestop ever pull special regional stuff like this?
A lot of the time actually

Constantly, there's at least two regions with entirely different trade offers right now.

Constantly, there's at least two regions with entirely different trade offers right now.
Wrong choice of words, I do realize that regions are targeted differently, I meant to say districts varying within the region. I have never seen at any time in 4 years a sale that wasn't advertised because it was exclusive to our district.

Granted, that would be a very legitimate reason as to why there is a new DM. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone.

I actually DO work at GS (in California), and I worked Tuesday and Friday night and heard nothing about this. This is not a thing that is happening people. IDK where OP got his info...

I work again at 3pm PST (Sunday June 30th), and I will let you guys know if the 50% extra store credit thing is true. Or whatever deals ARE actually going on.... will post back when i get off at 7pm PST.

Do you know which stores in RI? I live about 10 minutes away from the one in Woonsocket. And 15 away from the one in North Attleboro, MA.

Went to two GS Saturday, and both were running the 4 for $20 sale. Each had a bin of PS3 and 360 games, one included Wii games as well. Stores were in Burlington and Natick MA. PIcked up a random mix at the Burlington location. I didn't think to ask if it includes all games $9.99 and under. The receipt just labels the discount as "Promotion Not Found".

KPZgVSE.jpg

Went to two GS Saturday, and both were running the 4 for $20 sale. Each had a bin of PS3 and 360 games, one included Wii games as well. Stores were in Burlington and Natick MA. PIcked up a random mix at the Burlington location. I didn't think to ask if it includes all games $9.99 and under. The receipt just labels the discount as "Promotion Not Found".

KPZgVSE.jpg

Do we have to have the Power Up Rewards for this sale?

bread's done
Back