Final Fantasy XIV 25% off GMG extended this weekend

floroj

CAGiversary!
Hey guys!

The 25% off coupon from Green Man Gaming is still valid this weekend if you wanted to get Final Fantasy XIV.

Both the regular digital edition ($29.99) and the Digital Collector's Edition ($49.99) are 25% off with the following coupon:

GMG25-BAWQB-8UQWG

Pre-ordering the game grants you early access to the launch and a few other digital extras!

Hope to see some of you online in this weekend's Beta!

Done and done. My wife and I have really been enjoying the beta. Can't wait until Phase 4 (Open Beta) finally hits; really hope they let us keep our characters.

How is Green Man Gaming? I never heard of them and I want to ask for opinions before I buy from the website.

They're a legit website. Their layout is a little confusing but they're basically selling Steam, Origin, etc. game codes at a discount. Most of the time they'll even come with the pre-order bonuses for getting the games elsewhere (for example Rome 2: Total War has the same pre-order bonus on GMG as it does on the Sega site).

Wow, this is a great deal!  With 25% off that makes the game $22.50 for the regular version and $37.50 for Collector's.  Thanks OP!

Eh, still requiring a sub for a relaunch of a game that bombed.  You would think they would just embrace the Guild Wars model knowing how rabid FF fans are and have more people playing and buying the box.

Great game having played the original 1.0 and now seeing what they did with ARR this game is fantastic so far and this is a great deal. I actually went ahead and Pre ordered the collectors from the Enix store for the physical items on the PC version and I will gladly sub for $13 a month for an excellent MMO. With a sub the community should be much better as well.

I agree, played phase 3 beta, the game is fantastic. Never been a fan of free-to-play MMORPG, I'm glad FFXIV is keepin' it real. 

I bough standard from GMG for my girlfriend. Just needed a retail unlock/preorder/early access for her. I have my 1.0 account on PC and buying PS3 CE. As someone who played the original for 2 month and left in disgust I can say the new version is AMAZING. Yoshi-P and his team have done the impossible and revived a dead MMO from its grave.

I love this game. So far been playing all the Phase 3 beta, can't wait until friday! I believe Phase 4 will be open beta so anyone can check it out. 

There is plenty cash shop games(GW2, Tera, Rift, SWTOR, etc.) out there than you can play, so please just go play them if you don't like P2P. Stop clamoring for micro transactions in FFXIV ARR.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/17/final-fantasy-online-director-defends-monthly-subscriptions-in-the-golden-age-of-free-to-play-exclusive/

I'm really tempted to buy this on my pc, but my pc is just a little weak for this game apparently.  I get a small amount of lag when I play it on lower settings.  I think I've lowered everything I can, but I'm taking suggestions on other settings to lower that would make it play better.  If I can get it to run at least will very little to no lag, I'll probably buy it on PC, otherwise, I'll be getting PS3.

I'm really leaning away from this game. Youtube videos aren't doing it much justice...that, or the game just looks very bland.
The game is on a non disclosure agreement(NDA), You should not be able to see any videos. Is not for public viewing until Phase 4. Wait until then to judge it or just play the beta yourself (Phase 4 is open beta). Most of those videos are outdated. There was huge gameplay changes just from Phase 2 to Phase 3. There will be some changes for Phase 4, and then some minor ones for launch.

Here is official videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHnxfrvgdqw Official Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JQ87KtH1G8 PC and PS3 comparison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHOnPHqEeI4 PS3 User Interface

Nothing beats hands on, but this show a little of what to expect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really leaning away from this game. Youtube videos aren't doing it much justice...that, or the game just looks very bland.
Make sure you aren't looking at older YouTube videos from the original FFXIV.

A Realm Reborn is pretty much a different game.

bread's done
Back