Feedback
2 (100%)
Saw this in next weeks ad...

b969301_33.jpg

HUGE Savings on Over 300 Video Games
SAVE 30%
Selection varies.
From Regular Prices Limited to stock on hand. STAR SPANGLED SAVINGS

Not sure if this means every game on hand or just select games.  If its all games, could be quite a deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also if they have an bonus coupons come Friday. Not bad
IMO, it is only a good deal if there is a bonus coupon come Friday...

Thanks for the heads up though Gosha - I will check it out since I have a FM 1/2 mile away from me. I haven't really paid much attention to their video game sales recently but it seems like they have been lacking quite a bit compared to a few years ago. (And their clearance stinks now - but that seems to be a trend with a lot of places).

I have probably seen more great deals on games at Fred Meyer over any other B&M. Living in the NW there are two that are very close. For Skylanders, I probably saved around 60% on any that I bought, and their stock was better than any other B&M I've seen. 30% off of anything at the Freddies in Corvallis or Albany will be a very solid savings. You guys saying that without additional stacking coupons the deal sucks, must have really lousy Fred Meyers.

I have probably seen more great deals on games at Fred Meyer over any other B&M. Living in the NW there are two that are very close. For Skylanders, I probably saved around 60% on any that I bought, and their stock was better than any other B&M I've seen. 30% off of anything at the Freddies in Corvallis or Albany will be a very solid savings. You guys saying that without additional stacking coupons the deal sucks, must have really lousy Fred Meyers.
Yeah, Fred Meyer is pretty great. Almost any time I need to find a game they will have it. Just an amazing stock that puts every other B&M I've ever shopped at to shame. Hell, a few times I've even gotten games there that Amazon only had in stock from third party sellers for ridiculous prices.

I shop there all the damn time.

Thanks. I didn't even know Fred Mayer sells video games. Bought a Rocksmith at $18.89 today with this deal.

IMO, it is only a good deal if there is a bonus coupon come Friday...
Aware me, what is a bonus coupon?

Yeah, Fred Meyer is pretty great. Almost any time I need to find a game they will have it. Just an amazing stock that puts every other B&M I've ever shopped at to shame. Hell, a few times I've even gotten games there that Amazon only had in stock from third party sellers for ridiculous prices.

I shop there all the damn time.
This. I bought 2 copies of Devil May Cry 4 Collector's Edition :360: for $15 a piece I believe it was back a few years ago.

Just recently I saw that they had 4-5 copies of Tales of Graces F. Been wanting to pick that game up for quite some time, but I'd rather not have to pay any more than $40 for it. I didn't check the price on it, but hopefully it's around $40-$50 regular (before this mark down).

The prices are always the same so it isn't that. The problem is just that they are usually MSRP so 30% off that isn't great. They were just putting up the dividers with the sale prices when I went in at 5pm Sunday. I didn't see anything that was a must buy. They used to mark things down kind of randomly before but I haven't seen that recently. One particular one I remember was Saints Row 2 for $29.99 when everyone else still sold it for $59.99. What I was saying is that they don't do that nearly as much any more.

Sure, for Skylanders they are a good place since they are easier to get there than other stores. And when they had sales + bonus coupons they were a decent place to get them. Also, since they aren't a big destination for people to buy video games, they do hold on to obscure things a little longer. I remember finding Marvel vs. Capcom 2 there when it was long gone from other stores (and selling for $100 on eBay). But for normal, run of the mill games, 30% isn't going to cut it without a bonus coupon... That is, unless you usually pay full MSRP for your games ;).

And like I said, their clearance has really sucked the last few years. 3-6 years ago you could get games for $1 or $2. Now they hold the clearance prices on even old sports games at $30-$40 so even with the additional clearance discount (usually 20%-40%) they never sell.

The prices are always the same so it isn't that. The problem is just that they are usually MSRP so 30% off that isn't great. They were just putting up the dividers with the sale prices when I went in at 5pm Sunday. I didn't see anything that was a must buy. They used to mark things down kind of randomly before but I haven't seen that recently. One particular one I remember was Saints Row 2 for $29.99 when everyone else still sold it for $59.99. What I was saying is that they don't do that nearly as much any more.

Sure, for Skylanders they are a good place since they are easier to get there than other stores. And when they had sales + bonus coupons they were a decent place to get them. Also, since they aren't a big destination for people to buy video games, they do hold on to obscure things a little longer. I remember finding Marvel vs. Capcom 2 there when it was long gone from other stores (and selling for $100 on eBay). But for normal, run of the mill games, 30% isn't going to cut it without a bonus coupon... That is, unless you usually pay full MSRP for your games ;).

And like I said, their clearance has really sucked the last few years. 3-6 years ago you could get games for $1 or $2. Now they hold the clearance prices on even old sports games at $30-$40 so even with the additional clearance discount (usually 20%-40%) they never sell.

Hmm, We must have very different stock or pricing. I have purchased games for under $5 with some frequency (Spider-man Friends or Foes was $1.97), I also got the DMC4 Collector's Edition for $15. I think Dragon Age Ultimate was about $10. I don't see many games at MSRP. Brand new releases, yes, but every retailer is going to start at MSRP. Within 6 months, they're usually $50 or less. Within a couple of years, in the $20's. Even still, 30% off of a standard $60 game is 18 bucks off...how is that a bad deal?

I tend to buy most of my games for under $20, so I'm definitely a cheapass, but I'm going to price compare off of this week's MS sale, and any on that list that aren't down to the price I want to pay, I'll likely go to Freddie's and save a bundle, and have the game on disk.

Lollipop Chainsaw - $12.59

Hunted The Demon's Forge - $12.59

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier $12.59

These are really the only ones I really remember.

bread's done
Back